Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing as a motivation to lose weight?

Aspiring Member

Crossdressing as a motivation to lose weight?

As I've gotten more and more into my CDing I find myself salivating at beautiful clothes that I can't wear yet. I weight too much. But the desire to reshape myself into someone more and more feminine is giving me the motivation to shape up and slim down. Is this so with any of you? When you look in the mirror and see yourself, do you envision yourself with a more shapely and feminine body? Do your womanly desires carry over into a more healthy lifestyle?

I wish that CDing would motivate me to do so, I would have all my old favorite things along with my wife professional wardrobe she never wears any more. I can't say how happy that would make me but It hasn't worked so far. And believe me I want to and have tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I think it is a waste of good clothing if I put on weight.
    With me a couple of pounds does make a difference.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sandie,

I have always maintained a very active and fitness oriented lifestyle (occupational hazard - military). Not a very big guy but athletic in frame so while I can carry off some looks others are a stretch due to my body type. So I guess in response to your questions, the one thing I have done is shed bulk (175 - 150 lbs).

Hugs

Isha

It's kind of helped me keep from gaining. I've always been slender but the last few years I've gained a lilttle fat and lost some muscle. The net result is not a weight gain but I have gone up a dress size. I'm not really trying to slim down but I am trying not to get any bigger
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Banned Read only
    Sandie,
    I just smile at the dog and stroke her head, she's about seven now but when she replaced my old dog my walking pace increased and in two months I lost almost 28lbs !
    So at 5' 7" I weigh 152lbs and can fit mostly UK size 12 clothes off the peg ! With full makeup and wig and a nice outfit I'm happy with my look !

Short answer, no.

I was a short fat kid in grade school and lost it all one summer with dieting, exercise and a growth spurt. I never want to be that heavy again so I watch what I eat and continue to exercise. I like to look good in whatever gender I'm presenting and carrying extra pounds doesn't help that. I get as much joy out of looking good in a coat and tie as I do in a nice cocktail dress.

Yes, absolutely. When I started dressing up in a serious way back in 2006, I only weighed about 145 or so. At 5'9" I was pretty skinny. This was due to a food poisoning issue that ruined my appetite for easily about 3 years. Then I got back on track and gained a good deal of weight since about 2010. I went from a size 8 to a size 12. I'm okay with that, sort of, but recently I've resumed a regimen designed to lose about 12 pounds. So far, so good. The motivation? Mostly so I can get into a size 10
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Yes, dressing is definitely a motivation to lose my last few pounds of belly flat. A lot of women's clothing is skin tight so having a muffin top or pooch is not attractive (in my opinion). I just have to avoid carbs as much as possible and I am guaranteed to lose weight. The problem is carbs are everywhere and so, so delicious! It's hard to go through life being super-strict all the time. When you are with friends you just wanna eat whatever tastes good. But I really wanna look good in those skinny jeans. Having a concrete goal is good for motivation.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Pretty much the sole reason I lost 70lb to be happy with my appearance but unfortunately I put 20lb back on. How dumb is that? A recent heart attack has given me the incentive to lose weight with a bonus by being able to fit into all the clothes that have been put away.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 05-24-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Yes, absolutely. When I started dressing up in a serious way back in 2006, I only weighed about 145 or so. At 5'9" I was pretty skinny. This was due to a food poisoning issue that ruined my appetite for easily about 3 years. Then I got back on track and gained a good deal of weight since about 2010. I went from a size 8 to a size 12. I'm okay with that, sort of, but recently I've resumed a regimen designed to lose about 12 pounds. So far, so good. The motivation? Mostly so I can get into a size 10
    I'm in the same boat as Alex except my weight gain occurred due to inactivity after multiple surgeries. I'm 95% recovered and looking to lose at least 20 lbs to get back in all my pretties.

It's working for me right now. I'm committed to looking really good for my August vacation and I use the thought of me in awesome clothes to motivate me. My doctor was thrilled because on the way I dropped below a threshold that essentially took me off the diabetes meds I had been taking for the past few years -- he asked how I did it, so I told him. He just smiled and told me I should try to lose another dress size. Now it's funny when I see him because he doesn't want to say "crossdresser" or "transgender" so he just keeps alluding to "your motivating factor."

Reality Check
    I suppose looking in the mirror or at photographs and seeing a belly provides some motivation to lose weight but crossdressing isn't listed in the Weight Watchers handbook.

I really want to lose the weight, but I have trouble sticking to it. Work disrupts all attempts to stay on a healthy diet, and I hate to get out in the muggy Houston air in the summer.
    I am also finding it hard to change my lazy ways.
    To those girls who have lost weight, what kind of diet plan were you able to stick to?
    I would love to lose 50lbs, but anything would be an achievement at this point!

Yes very much a motivator for me..

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Coming off of a three year stint on steroids (fat belly makers) so I'm starting to control my weight again. I need to lose a whole whack at the moment but will start by aiming for achievable goals, such as one dress size, which I hope is going to be in the next couple of weeks.

This is a craft, as another beautifully presented member of this forum said to me just this week, a view I very much agree with. I have an image in my mind of how I can look and that is my ultimate goal right now.

So in summary,CDing definitely encourages me to lose weight and long may it continue.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Since retiring, I've lost nine pounds. When I was told that by the doctor, I immediately thought about how good it was for slipping into more dresses and looking good. LOL. but it has been in the back of my mind for a while, fitting into women's clothing by losing weight. One more reason to keep in mind...

The short answer is yes

It has certainly been a big part of my motivation to lose weight. Last summer I was 225 at 5'8", and I was wearing about a 2X. I wanted to look better and be able to wear some of the cute clothes that I couldn't fit into. So over the course of about 7 months, I shed 65 lbs. My shopping options have really opened up since I now wear a 10-12. I carefully monitor my weight and never want to have to go back to my big girl clothing.

Allie45 - everyone is different in what will work for them, but I used the My Fitness Pal app to keep my caloric and fat intake down. The first thing I did was give up sodas and high fructose corn syrup altogether. I dropped 15-20 lbs. in no time doing this alone, and then I started watching my entire diet. After I got into that habit, I bought an elliptical trainer. This has been a wonderful tool for losing weight and becoming more toned. Motivation is the hardest part, and you can't just eat less and overlook exercise. I wish everyone struggling with weight great success.

For me, yes and no.

Four years ago, I weighed 325 lbs. I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had not been dressing for 6 years at that point. As I lost more and more weight, I tried on clothes I had lying around the house and seeing that I could fit into them again, yeah, it gave me more of a drive and still does to this day.

I lost 110 lbs. I did gain 16 of it back over the course of this year. Mainly due to quitting smoking a year ago and gaining muscle mass. But I work out 3-4 days a week and try to eat well also.

Yes - see my thread "Curious Question"
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandie, With three closets of lovely clothes I think that I will stay where I am
    I hope you get to where you want to be.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My occasional cross dressing is certainly an incentive for me to lose weight. I've known for years that I would be better off all the way around if I lost 30 to 50 pounds or so. My best weight was beterrn 150 and 175, and my worst was 220. Since I started Dressing I've lost 25 from that peak, and am still striving to get back down to 175.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Weight control and general good health are strongly motivated by crossdressing. I'm careful about eating healthy and avoiding injury and cancer feeders like sugar and processed foods. Once you start it's just second nature. I'll be retiring someday and I want to enjoy many years of dressed up fun when I do. At 5'10" and 146' it's easy to wiggle into even the skimpiest of thrift shop finds.
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 05-24-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Remove showboaty images
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

For me it's a definite yes.
    It's not so much that I want to reshape my body, although that would be great, it's more that I want to maintain my weight (lose a little too). I have a fairly extensive wardrobe and can't see wasting all those clothes simply because I don't watch my weight. When a skirt or slacks begins to feel snug it's time to diet a bit and make sure everything fits right.
    I'm lucky in that respect as I haven't fluctuated in weight very much throughout my entire life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !