Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing as a motivation to lose weight?

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    For me, this has been my main motivation to lose weight. Some years ago I posted a thread on this subject and it ran for quite a while and several girls were posting their progress. I have slipped and weight is getting the better of me these days as dressing has had to take a back seat to some family health issues. However, when the dark cloud had passed, dressing will be my motivation to get back to a proper weight and my wardrobe will again make it out of the closet.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Yes, I'm active and have always been slim and sometimes skinny. Lately I have been going for skinny again and I'm also trying to lose muscle. So last Friday I doing this installation at work and get the thing stuck. I’m hanging on it and can’t get it to move, I have to use a come-a-long to get it started. I try and hide how thin I am at work by wearing a baggy shirt and pants, still I have had customers notice and comment. This is kind a weird, to me. When I was a kid my best friend would comment on how skinny I was, and I would eat a lot back then, I’m just very active.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    YES!!!! Totally !!!!.....I am all for it....and do my best to eat right and workout daily, drink lots of water, and avoid junk food..its been working great and I never felt better, its also great motivation on days when you cant dress...I will put on my headphones, throw on a girly playlist of songs, and go for an hour long run and get lost in girl world.All the time thinking I need to squeeze into those high waisted shorts. I will also buy something a bit smaller in size and squeeze into it when nobody is looking to motivate me get down a size....it has worked too....

Banned Read only
    My new Times magazine came yesterday. In an article in the issue it mentioned the average woman's dress size is 14. Given my natural comfortable weight I am happy where I am, although I could use some toning at the stomach. That is due to surgeries and back issues that prevent tightening those muscles. My motivation to lose twenty pounds was a combination of a desire to look better in a dress and health. I did drop twenty pounds.

As to a diet, the only recommendation I have is to dump sugary drinks and high fructose corn syrup, and, read the back of cans and packaging. I was aghast years ago about the amount of empty calories I was reading, and, the amount of time necessary to just burn them off. It is said a can of soda/pop a day adds ten pounds a year. I don't recommend going nuts about all this weight loss just to get a Barbie look. When you find your healthy body weight try to stay there.

Yes, it motivated me to lose excess weight and it continues to motivate me to keep my weight down where I like it.

Yes for me too, I wanted to lose a bit of weight for a while but I never had the motivation to do it until I started dressing a lot more over the last year and I lost over 40 pounds. My dressing has motivated me to keep it off too, It's amazing the motivation you get from wanting to fit into nice dresses!!

Right now it is Sandie, I'm going to lose 20 lbs. and go down in size. It'll be fun shopping for those new clothes. Good luck and good health to anyone trying to shed a few.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Simply put, it’s the best motivation there is.
    Some may say health is the best motivation, but I think that mental health counts too.
    For those who are serious about “passing”, a gut or “beer belly” just doesn’t cut it. Face it, girls have waists and no amount of padding is going to hide a gut full of fat.
    Some dress just to dress, but most graduate out of the house and in order to go out in public one has to make a monumental effort to “pass”, and controlling one’s weight is the first step to achieve that goal.
    I did it and you’d be surprised the doors it opens for additional fashions to wear.
    It all comes down to the age old saying “To Pass or not to Pass?”.
    I opt to pass.
    Good Luck.

Yes, good nutrition is so important for good health. We need to recognize that over everything else. I should talk though as been trying to lose some pounds and been skipping some meals, so easier said than done. So eat well and exercise. ( Wow I sound like a mother )
    Stephanie

Totally! Especially this time of year, when I love to wear sundresses with only a bra and panties underneath. It goes hand in hand with shaving down and swimming, so it's really good for me

I do not mean to offend anyone but I feel when I am Amanda I want to be bigger than Ben. I have always padded myself to be larger than Ben. I do not know why but I have always enjoyed this
    Amanda

The way I keep my weight down by crossdressing is dancing en femme all night at the club. I find that most effective indeed.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am motivated to stay the same size to be able to wear all of my clothes, male or female. I really like my clothes and with a five to ten pound weight gain I go up a pant size, which sucks!

Aspiring Member
    Wow! Thanks ladies for the wonderful comments. I think they show just one of the many positive aspects of crossdressing. I hope all of you with beautiful wardrobes keep fitting in them... and those of us who dream of what's to come, more power to us! I saw a dress today that I want to fit into some day and I've promised myself I will - come heck or high water (lol).

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Hell yes, and lots more than go.... Hate looking like a gorilla in a tutu... 220 - 170 in five months
    Call me Donna, please

Was it my main motivation, no. Did it help, yes! As more weight came off and dress sizes went down the fun goes up!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

LOVE this thread. I didn't think there were many like me on this subject.
    There is no doubt that I needed to get healthier, and for a long time I thought I could do it strictly with exercise and I was killing myself with hours at the gym. Then I became unemployed and had to give up our gym. After a while I just decided it was time to eat better and lose weight. Besides the fact that I was just feeling crappy in general, I REALLY want to get out and just look good as Gail. And to look decent I figured I'm going to have to get very trim, and then apply hip pads and breast forms to get a femme shape.
    So far I'm down roughly 15 lbs.
    But that has only brought me down to about 211 lbs.
    I've always thought I had a large frame (being 5' 11 1/3" will make you think that), but did some investigation on the net and found that I have a MEDIUM frame. Which means that I should be able to get down to about 154 lbs or so.
    Yes, I would be extremely skinny, but who cares?
    So far my blood sugar is coming down as well as my resting pulse rate.

But, yes, CDing has definitely been a motivator to get this train rolling. (I really want skinny calves, and wouldn't mind losing a shoe size or two if that is possible)

Girls, tell me more!!!!

Gail

Yes definitely I can't lose my broad shoulders but I can tone down my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    220 - 170 in five months
    Just for the record, I hate you. But I've gone 220 to 185 in about that amount of time. According to the BMI charts I've crossed from "obese" to "overweight" but I have to get to 165 to enter "normal."

Re: shoulders -- it's a point of sadness for me that no amount of weight loss will ever get my chest measurement under 40. Probably never under 42. I read of others wearing 36 or 38 band bras and become despondent from envy. But even though I'm limited by bone structure to the larger dress sizes, I get motivation from the idea of having a flat stomach under those wide shoulders. Someday I'll be phat instead of fat.

I procrastinate so much and Ive realised im terribly lazy when I want to do something rather than need to but I plan to take up jogging over the summer now that ive finished college for two reasons, 1 being that I weigh about 230 pounds and ive always been on the larger side, thankfully im quite tall at 6'4'' so I carry it well but I also want to trim down to fit into clothes better.

So id certainly say dressing is beginning to push me to get in shape, which cant be a bad thing!

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Oh yes,best motivation I've had.
    I want to wear nice clothes and not look like a slob, so I had to lose.
    I'm down 120 pounds, from male pants size 56to 42, I'm big built. But yes, I say, anything that motivates you is good

Secretary Extraordinaire ShayLeigh Dominique's Avatar
    I don't know about "motivation " but since I accepted the possibility of the question of transgenderism I have noticed a paradigm shift... I've lost 14 lbs. so far. I eat less, not because I force myself to, but because I just don't feel the desire to, I don't crave the stupid stuff (high fat, high carb comfort foods) as much and I'm motivated to walk more. Maybe instead of acting "male" these last many years, I should have been "acting" female.
    “Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a [master] artist [...] can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone [...] see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. [...] Look at her, [... growing] old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired - but it does to them.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Yes I find it as a positive motivator to lose weight and to look after general health. The biggest difference I think was accepting my CD'ing which has made a huge difference to my mental health, giving me a much more positive outlook and getting to like who I am. Now that I embrace CD'ing I'm highly incentivised to improve my appearance to have a better selection of outfits and to have them fit better. I can clearly see on the shopping websites and in the stores that my choices greatly improve with each dress size I can drop, so hopefully this will remain a long term motivator as I have a long way to go. Dressing provides very powerful feedback and everytime an outfit fits just a little bit better or I manage to fit something that was previously a little too tight gives a little extra boost to keep going. I also find that visualising an outfit I'm struggling to fit into as a powerful weapon to resist temptation.

Yes, yes, yes. Dropped from 198 to 158 last year, (40 lbs). That was all the way from a size 16 to a 10. I got to get an all new wardrobe and just love the selection of size 10 dresses. There seems to be 10 times as many options and I look 10 times as good in them now.

I used fitness pal and still do . I have maintained for 8 months. My friends are jealous and they haven't even seen me in a dress.
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    i been trying to lose the weight i gained for 22 yrs. now,my heaviest was 297 im now bouncing between 245-249 noe and am in a solid 16. i stand 6'1" so i carry my belly fat pretty good. my prob is due to my disability exercising stopped for me 23 yrs ago,so i try to watch what i eat.