Thread: came out to my younger daughter

came out to my younger daughter

I surprised my daughter a few day ago. I sent her my profile and ask her if she knew what was in the picture. she ask who she was and I told her she was me. she took very hard but we chatted for a while, ask a lot of questions but finally calm down. she told me it would take her awhile to get used to it. I think she be ok with it. plan to introduce her to her.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

wow, I take it that you will introduce her in a few years, if / when your daughter asks to meet up?
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I hope you take it easy and carefully, with consideration for your daughter's feelings during this process. Please give her time and don't push it. Best wishes to you both!

Hi Sami. Seems to be a giant step! I assume you have other family as well - have you outed yourself to them. But regardless, I wish you well and hope it turns out as you wish it.
    Lauren

Why did you choose to tell her this way? Why didn't you tell her in person first, without the pictures. Then she would have had the choice of seeing your pictures when she was ready. And why did you refer to yourself as a "what", a thing (your words, "what was in the picture"). Might it not have been better to say "who"?

The way anyone delivers a message influences the reaction to it. You may have sabotaged yourself needlessly.
    Reine

This being the CD forum, I am confused when people do this. I realise a lot of the TS girls post on here, too. What was your need to tell your daughter? There is not a soul on the planet who needs to know about my dressing, other than my wife. It seems to me that far too many of us are overly eager to whip out photos at the drop of a hat.

The key I think is to not expect a pat on the back right away, while some people ive told are on board the band wagon and supportive, others are accepting but uninterested as such. It took me a while to realise that while some people will accept it that they wont be able to relate to it, or wont be interested.

I hope everything goes the way you want it to

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I agree with Reine, the way this comes out is kind of impersonal and could tend to scare your daughter. I have a daughter as well and have so debated on telling her that I dress on occasion. The reasons to tell her are because some day she may see me around town accidentally, that and she might be a fun shopping partner. Tho keeping information about yourself to your kids is a tough one, they are more astute then we probably think. She already suspects things and has asked my ex-wife about my sexual preferences. She is pretty smart.

I am widowed. Until my wife's death last year, she was the only one who shared my secret. I decided that I had to tell my older daughter ( 37 years old, now 38) several months later in case something happened to me and she needed to go through my closet and dresser drawers. I knew she would be okay with my cross dressing. She is but doesn't really want to discuss it. I was afraid to tell my younger daughter as I wasn't sure how she would react. However, I came out to a good friend of my deceased wife and she urged me to tell my other daughter who 35 years old. I took the plunge and nervously told her. She accepted but also doesn't wish to discuss it. Our relationship was not damaged. I have plenty of selfies but have refrained from sharing them with my daughters. I'm not sure that they would want to see Dad looking like this.

Well, as long as you feel good about it.

That's all that matters, right?

Never mind her feelings...that "she took it very hard" and was upset.

Your needs got met, and that's what's important.

You seem like a real considerate fella and such a thoughtful father.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Sami,
    I assume your daughter is an adult so she should be mature enough to have her own thoughts on CDing.
    I came out to my daughter by accident, she caught me ironing a dress which she knew didn't belong to my wife . I told her my story and she fully accepted it, now I have a really good relationship with her, closer than we've ever been. Just recently I asked if she would be offended if I showed my picture her kind answer to that was if it helped me. She was totally surprised and just commented that it didn't look like me, she has no problems talking about it, but I mustn't fall into the trap of thinking it's all she wants to talk about !

I have to say that if I'd just sent a picture saying this was me the outcome may have been totally different ! She may have been upset enough to mention it to my wife and I would have got a deserved roasting !

Angela,
    I'm finding the use of photographs very beneficial , it's given a clearer message to my GP about my Cding and the need for couselling, my counsellor also thanked me for making the picture clearer . I'm not just a guy playing around in a dress which is the impression people have when you tell them you're a CDer, and it's not practical at the moment to present myself dressed in these circumstances.
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-25-2015 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    This being the CD forum, I am confused when people do this. I realise a lot of the TS girls post on here, too. What was your need to tell your daughter? There is not a soul on the planet who needs to know about my dressing, other than my wife. It seems to me that far too many of us are overly eager to whip out photos at the drop of a hat.
    Angela, I agree with you. Only wife needs to know. But that is OUR experience. Some girls feel this compulsion to be more female and they just want to burst with the news.
    I get that.

I agree, overeager.
    OP, I think you have to remember that most GGs do NOT think about our hobby at all. I'm sure most GGs see this hobby as something that very few people do, and in your case "My butch dad wouldnt be strange like that."

Caution, girls, Caution.
    Gail

Platinum Member
    I hope she can adjust and accept. It will make life easier.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You're saying you did this via internet?

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I belong to the club, that unless someone needs to know, I will not tell them. Aside from my daughter and my wife, I'm very careful who knows about me. My youngest daughter found out years ago, by accident she found some letters that my wife and I had written to each other, and told my other two daughters. The older two don't talk about it at all. My youngest talked about it a lot; which wasn't good. I've never had such hateful and hurtful things said to me in my life. She didn't stop with me, she also said a lot to and about my wife. My older daughters thought she was trying to break my wife and me up, but we survived
    Dana Ryan

Sorry some of you feel this way but was her choice to tell her in an email. She an small girl and I give her a lot of credit. Afters we talk about other problems we had between us she realize I was trying to getba empty space between. Turns out she understood more then what I thought she would. If people choose not tell other people thats their choice this was mine.