Thread: Booked my first makeover!

Booked my first makeover!

To say I'm a little nervous is an understatement. This will be the first time the outside has seen me in girl mode - even though I'll be in a salon out of the way
    Looking forward to it though.

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine, I've never done that myself but I'm sure lots of others on here can tell you what to expect, please let us know how you get on.

Michelle

AnnaMarie, you are going to love,love the experience! You'll be so excited,and the make up artist probably will be too. Let us know how it goes.

Silver Member
    Very exciting!!! So much fun. Post pics. If your legs are an indication, I'm sure the rest of you is great.

One thing to watch out for. Even though this will be incredibly emotional, NO crying. Can't have your mascara run.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 05-24-2015 at 04:22 PM.

You'll enjoy it a lot
    Those nerves are part of experience and mean you'll have fun.

I also had my first makeover a month ago. I felt shy and nervous at the beggining. I loved the experience. My picture is from that session. I am looking forward to more sessions.

A suggestion:
    The make up artist I went to usually covers the mirror for newbies in the first session. She loves to give us a surprise on that first time. Maybe you can ask for the mirror to be covered. I loved to have that surprise.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I still remember my first. Thought like you I'd be in a nice quiet area out of the general flow... Surprise... Not a chance... Front and center. 2 minutes in couldn't have cared less. Great experience and now something I do semi regularly when I need to replenish my stash... Always a good way to learn new tricks or find something new to try.

Don't be nervous... Enjoy it... Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Lol Meghan my legs are the best part and I'm good with Photoshop. So looking forward to it, but for me it's more about the make up, is always look like a zombie so I'm wanting someone to rally show me how I can look

Having had a few makeovers, let me assure you, they will make you feel very welcome and very girly!

Enjoy the entire experience!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Have fun. And remember, you’re hiring her to tell you some good tips, so pay attention. She’ll try and sell you $300 worth of product, but usually the deal is you purchase $40-$60 worth of stuff.
    Only buy what you think you need, such as foundation and powder.
    Don’t buy any brushes: you can get some very nice brushes at Kmart for a lot cheaper.
    You’ll most likely go through from 4-7 makeovers to get all the info you need to do it right yourself.
    The rule is to BLEND, BLEND. BLEND!
    Practice makes perfect. When I first started I’d spend 2 hours on my makeup; now it takes me about ten minutes.
    ASK QUESTIONS! You’re paying for information so get it.
    Good luck.

scan0002.jpg

After the first one you will return.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi AnnaMarie,

Sounds exciting . . . have fun with it, let the professionals do their business, ask questions, learn some tips and . . . enjoy.

Hugs

Isha

Relax and enjoy yourself. I had my first makeover a few weeks ago and it was...AWESOME! Not only learning the proper way to apply make-up, but what to apply. I left with a list of products and the order to apply. If anyone is in the Northern Virginia/DC area, I highly recommend a makeover with Elizabeth Taylor:

http://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.com/

Beth is great!
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Banned Read only
    when i want a makeover i just ask my wife who is a wiz at make up. first time she made me up(without the facial hair)she would not let me look til she was done,when i did get to look i was floored for i didnt recognize myself. since then she does my make up

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl reeves View Post
    when i want a makeover i just ask my wife who is a wiz at make up. first time she made me up(without the facial hair)she would not let me look til she was done,when i did get to look i was floored for i didnt recognize myself. since then she does my make up
    I can't really ask my wife unfortunately

AnnaMarie, when I booked my makeover, I was so excited, i was like a kid waiting for Christmas. Have a good time.

Professional makeover
    CNV00000025.jpg

Not professional (self) makeover

NP1.jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,