Thread: I just got "senorita'd"

I just got "senorita'd"

There we were, my blushing bride and I in our deck chairs overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in Cancun. My wife is in her one piece, I'm in running shorts, running shoes, t shirt, ball cap. I have my gray one day beard going and my bra strap length hair in a pony.

Waiter walks up. "How can I help you senoritas?" "That's my husband!!" "We're fine, thanks" I offer in basso to everybody's amusement.

I've been getting ma'amed in dude mode perhaps quarterly on average since growing my hair out. The normals are not putting us under a microscope, they just pick out the handiest gender marker and run with it.

Hugs, Michelle

Congrats. What did you finally ordered?

Last summer I had my holidays in Cancun as well. It is wonderful.

A guide told us that in mayan culture, CD/TG people have always being an important part of their soceity and still do.

Of course he said that, you ARE a seƱorita!!!

Be careful, you might get yourself a farmer tan in those shorts & shoes.

And yes, I miss those days of longer hair and getting "ma'amed" (not mamed!). Although shorter these days, my hair seems even more feminine now but I don't let it out in guy mode without lots of product holding it back. Thus much less mis-gendering going on.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

If your bride is still blushing after all these years........

Great story!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I'm looking forward to getting Ma'amed one day.

When my hair was long years ago I was regularly taken for a girl with my slim appearance, eight stone, and my peaches and cream complexion.

I am also naturally blonde and honey at that back then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Michelle,

LOL . . . thanks for sharing. However it does point to the fact that people do not scrutinize others that closely . . . they look at as you say " the handiest gender marker" (e.g. long hair) and shoot the puck with a sir or ma'am. I hope you had a great vacation.

Hugs

Isha

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Better than getting "sir'd" in a bikini

Sorting through panty hose at Dillard's + long ponytail - typical dude attire - two day growth = still got ma'amed by the SA. Hugs, Michelle