Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workplace Accomodation Granted

Gone to live my life

Workplace Accomodation Granted - Updated

I found out today that the chain of command has approved workplace accommodation commencing with my new posting on 17 Jul. As such, I will be able to present female at work on days when civilian dress is authorized and the door has been left open to order female uniforms should I wish to present female on uniform days. I go tomorrow to obtain an "altered state of dress ID" which is essentially a reprint of my current ID/Building Pass but with me as female.

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 06-13-2015 at 11:19 AM.

gotta love Canada
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Great for you, well done!!!

The world is changing and you're in the vanguard.

Way to go!

congratulations Isha,
    a well deserved outcome from the dedication and hard work and effort you put into the process, enjoy your civilian days.....cant wait to see a women in uniform....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

You should be incredibly proud of yourself . What a journey Isha has traveled ... And exciting for her future.

Now that's a fight worth winning! Way to go Isha, I'm so glad for you. Now you need to figure out what that first outfit will be next month!!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Wonderful news!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Congratulations! I just wish the US would catch up with Canada and the rest of the world. the reason I say this,Today I seen a Facebook post on a group from my hometown making fun of Bruce Jenner and another post criticizing a local amusement park for having a day for the LBGT community. At least on that post the poster got a good tongue lashing.

You have worked very hard toward this, and have placed your reputation and career on the line. Every affected member of the Canadian military will now benefit from the work you have done. They may never know your name, nor you, theirs, but all will be thankful.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

OMG!!!

That is a big step indeed... trusting that your new posting isn't just you to a one (wo)man listening post north of the Arctic Circle, of course..

It will be interesting to see how long this takes for everyone to accept it as 'normal' and not to be confused with who the new girl is.

BTW - sorry if you've covered this already, and while I know you're probably more informal than us Tommies, IF you're in female uniform, will it be obligatory that you're ma'amed rather than sirred? That should keep everyone on their toes...

Well done Isha-who's-nobody's-TG-pin-up-girl-not-ever-ever-not-in-a-million-years-no-sirree-never...

Seriously, well done!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Isha,
    Has anyone else been in touch to join you? I'm interested in how many start to come out of the closet!!! I'm trying to get a meeting of the four others here in my organisation who identify as transgendered to some degree so far with only limited success...
    Way to go...

Hugs,
    Donna
    Last edited by Donnagirl; 05-27-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Isha,
    That's really great news you've taken a chance pushing for this new ruling and I'm so pleased it's paid off !

The new uniform is going to look great especially when you have to wear medals, I bet you'd never thought your gongs would be resting on your boobs !

UK tv presented a feature on the first TS officer in the British Army about a week ago , which surprised me ! On the Friday paraded as a man and the Monday became a Ma'am and carried on the same job !

Platinum Member
    That's remarkable, Isha. As a former member of the U.S. Army, I salute you and the contribution you are making for all of us. And, as a former nearby neighbor, I want to echo Lori's statement. You really do have to live Canada!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-27-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: ipad thinks it knows better
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    You've got an echo here, Isha! Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Of course, you put in the work, above and beyond, as they say, to get there! So it's well-deserved.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Well done! Opening doors for everyone

Wow, this is great! All the efforts are finally paying off. Fantastic!

Wow, That's fantastic Isha. Happy for you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Congrats Isha! Now, will you be posting a picture of you in your first day outfit?
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Isha you are truly an inspiration to us all. your hard work and strength of character in forging this new ground is nothing short of incredible!
    I am soo happy for you, and all those who will also share the benefits of your efforts.

Huge HUG
    Michelle

Congratulations!

Hi Isha

That's wonderful to hear. I have to share that in the early 90's I attended the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, CA. The dress code was "Class B or higher" 4 of 5 days, with Fridays being fatigues. "Class B" meant the dress trousers and shirt for men, and for women, the skirt or trousers. Most women service members opted for the skirt. Most were young, and were on the edge of acceptable heel height...and it was obvious that many had altered the uniform skirts to give the more pencil, fitted appearance. All wore sheer nude pantyhose, or course. This was heady stuff for a young Soldier with strong CD desires--I would gaze longingly at them, wishing to trade places. It's thrilling to hear you may be able to do just what I dreamed about doing back then.

All the best to you. If you go for it, I can't wait to see how you look! Thanks for your military service, and your tremendous bravery.

Shibumi

I was afraid with all the harassment crap being reported about the military that this might have been a problem for you. IT's great that they "get" you.

Yes! Congratulations! And two ID badges... there must be some kind of deviltry you can get into with that...