Thread: dentist

dentist

I have recently come out of the closet as a crossdresser to my insurance agent with wonderful results. I was looking for a new dentist anyway and found one who is happy to see me in a dress and wants me to be happy. She has promised to keep my secRet. I don't look at all like a woman...I don't even try to pass, is this a good idea?

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    If you are a happy to go to the dentist dressed, then I don't see the problem. But, if your definition of out of the closet means you are a private dresser to date, then I would advise that you consider things a little more first. I checked your profile because I'm nosey and note that you have withheld any information. Your prerogative of course, so I make the grand assumption that you are not out much, ...if at all.

Assuming that you are a private dresser so far, how about trying a small venture out locally? This allows you the protection of going home rapidly if you feel uncomfortable. How would you feel if the neighbours (Brit spelling ) know that you cross dress etc.? Just highlighting a couple of possible pitfalls, without any knowledge of your current life, but all in, if you are happy being out and about, then go for it mon amie.

At least at the dentist, you won't get your leg pulled, more likely your teeth.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

If it's what you want to do, it's a good idea.

Whatever you feel comfortable with will be the right thing for you.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

I agree with Rebecca as we don't have a lot of information to provide any sound advice. When you say, "see you in a dress" is that with or without make-up, wig, padding and whatnot? Specifically just you in a dress. Have you gone out before? If not, bear in mind while you can (and many have) just jettison yourself out into the Vanilla world in whatever order of dress (no pun intended ) it can be quite disconcerting if you are not prepared for odd looks, sniggers and perhaps a bit of nudging and pointing. So, if you are good with all that, then I say go forth to your dentist in your best of dresses (or whatever) and enjoy. If not, then perhaps a more safe venue (e.g., a local TG support group) to gain a bit of courage going out beforehand.

I will say though, having watered her for over a year I think yours if the first time I have read "I just came out to my insurance agent"

Hugs

Isha

Hi Sara,

I concur with all of the above. A number of years ago our old dentist retired and sold his business to a female dentist who had a completely female staff ... so I thought "Well, if I have to deal with the dentist's chair, I might as well have some fun ..." and so Claire started with them. (And had such fun chats with hygienists and techs!) Now that group sold out to a male dentist ... and Claire is still welcome.

So if you are comfortable with this, do it! One suggestion ... don't wear lipstick .... you can do the makeup afterward....

Cheers,

Claire
    Last edited by Claire Cook; 05-29-2015 at 07:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Thank you all for advice. I don't tr to pass and I don't wear a wig or makeup. I am trying to have a small circle of safe places I can wear what I want and I try to vet them out through email anonymously first. I know there are risks and I have been in public before so the looks don't bother me.