Just a quick history of my current family.
Met my wife 14 years ago and married 12 years ago. We both had kids from previous relationships and some point all of our kids have lived with us.

Had to take my daughter to an appointment out of town the other day and figured that was a good time to tell her. Started by saying that I had to tell her something and it was personal and awkward for me. I told her that she needed to know this just in case if she had to clean out our house if for some reason my wife and I died.

She asked did I have a bunch of dead bodies in the basement? Was I the leader of a cult? She put me at ease with her jokes, and I am thankful for that.

When I told her that I enjoyed wearing women's clothing she was not shocked at all. She told me that her step-sibling had told her that several years ago. My wife's child had over heard a conversation between my wife and my mother-in-law about me crossdressing, it was shortly after I had told my wife and she was having some trouble coping with it so she talked to her mom about my crossdressing. My daughter wasn't sure if it was true, because when her step-sibling told my daughter, my wife and her child were fighting. My daughter thought maybe that her step-sibling was making up a story just to get back with me and my wife.

We talked about my crossdressing for maybe 1/2 hour at the most, but it felt great to get it off my chest and talk openly with my daughter about it.