Thread: new boat

new boat

Hello everybody
    I was looking at getting a boat. How awesome would it be to get a boat and take people out into the blue!!!!!! I look forward to goining out and fishing in my skirt!!! Probably paint my nails too!!!!!!!!!! So excited to be me with others!!!!!!!!! Private islands with friends who want to be themselves!!!!!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!!! Hugs and kisses!!!!!!!

Hi Natalie,

Congratulations on the new "addition" to the family.

Might I suggest a USCG Boater Safety Course before venturing out on the briny deep?'

Personally, I get seasick!

Hugs,
    Linda

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life is the day he buys it and the day he sells it. Sooo, you got a lot of ocean nearby there in Oklahoma?
    You can do all that other stuff without the boat and think of the money you can now use to buy shoes!!

Sounds like it would be a blast Natalie, but you do know what boat stands for. Bust Out Another Thousand.☺️

Tina

Aspiring Member
    As a sailboat owner myself (Columbia 8.7), I wish you many happy voyages. My experience is that sailing (if you are serious about it) doesn't support being glammed up. I am always getting boat bites and forget about maintaining anything resembling fashionable nails. Still, I have had many wonderful experiences on the water; I hope you do as well.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Sounds like it would be so much fun.

Sounds wonderful! Have a great time.

Gold Member
    I agree with Kelly:
    Get a sail boat if you want to under stand real boating.
    I have an "Inland Scow C Class" 275 Sq Ft. of canvas is
    some thing you really must hang on to if you want a real ride.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    Maybe you can buy one from one of those people that win a sailboat on The Price Is Right and a week later start wondering "What am I going to do with this thing?"

Silver Member
    I've owned and been on a lot of boats and have yet to see anyone in a skirt especially fishing. With one exception which was an 80' boat rented for a wedding. Somehow boats and skirts don't go together especially for fishing.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    You know what a boat is?

It is a hole in the water you throw money into.

I have one that I used once in the last two years, just too busy to get it wet. Honestly I can think of a thousand better things to spend my money on that would be alot more fun. But if it is your dream, I say follow it.
    Erica

ya know what BOAT stands for??

break out another thousand
    paula

Gold Member
    I have owned my sail boat for over 20 years now, You never have to "Fix the motor.
    No oil or lube to change, just clean it like you would a car.
    Yes over the years, I did buy some new lines for the boat. (What land lubbers
    call rope) but that is about all.
    O yes I did refinish the hull about 3 years ago, since it is a wooden hull, a fresh coat of
    Varnish made it look like new, with a new boat aroma. LOL
    Rader

Congrats. - love sailing and kayaking

I love being on the water regardless of how I dress. After 4 years in the navy I have always wanted to be back on the water!!!!! I have recently moved to the sunshine state, I do love being close to the ocean!!!!!!!! Mini skirts and painted nails!!!!!! Woohoo for Florida!!!!!!!!! I love the ocean and being me!!!!!!!!! Have a fabulous week!!!!!!!!! Fun in the sun!!!!!!! XOXO!!!!!!!

Aspiring Member
    I could have had a boat.A rather nice boat, but I spent all my boat money on dresses and skirts and shoes and tops and lingerie and ....more dresses

I too love to kayak!!!!!!!! Until I get my boat u will find me on my kayak!!!!!! I love to kayak to 3 rooker off the coast near tarpon springs!!!!!! When I go during the week I pretty much got the island to myself!!!!!! It feels good to be myself at the beach!!!!!! It is a beautiful place to be me!!!!!! I do feel pretty when I am there!!!!!!!

Natalie,
    I have dreams like that too.
    Helps make life go round.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Being on the water with my girly clothes would be amazing, an island where I could be me and not worry 💜💚

Ya know sailing is a lot like camping. ITs really about the camping and its really about the sailing, If you go camping to save money on a Hotel room, generally you hate it, But if you go camping because you love the whole process of being outdoors, and the work that goes with it. then its on! Same with sailing. If you love the work and process of sailing, then by all means go sail. But if you just want to cruise around the water, fish, drink and goof off in your sundresses, then buy a stinkpot. You'll be happier with the motor ( especially when the weather gets bad)

I'm a sailboat owner too, and love it.

Not going to try and explain why a sailboat is great. Those who have one, know. Those who wonder why we have one, won't understand

Skirts might not work so well on boats .. but swimsuits and bikinis do!

- Suzie

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I've owned boats, worked on boats and had friends with boats. It is more fun, cheaper
    and less work to have a friend with a boat.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

I have always wanted to get a sailboat and travel. I will likely be taking lessons and learn "the ropes". I also considered doing it down in Florida. I have friends down there who offered a place to stay when I visit, and this winter I may take them up on it. I have only been on a Catamaran once, but there's just something about the ocean that's hard to describe. If not this year, then probably next year. I hope you enjoy your boat, I'm sure it's an experience that you will look back at with fond memories some day. Oh, watch the tan lines in the bikini if you are not out to the public yet.