Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of going out with baby. Weird or okay?

Thinking of going out with baby. Weird or okay?

I'm thinking of going out Saturday for a bit while my wife is at work. She knows and actually is encouraging it. Problem is, we have a baby. If I take him with me (which I would have to) is that weird and setting me up for CPS to be knocking at my door? I'm only planning on going to Torrid and a baby store.

Gwendolyn

Platinum Member
    my thoughts are no leave your baby out of your outings ......

I don't see a problem with it except for one things.

Babies are people magnets and you can expect a large amount of attention due to just having the infant.

Do you want that much attention?

Leave your baby out of it.

Banned Read only
    Child Protective Services will not come to your door. Cross dressing is not abuse or neglect. That aside, you will get extra stares and you will stick out far more than without a baby. Linda is correct.

The only places I'm going are torrid and to a baby store. Neither are in a mall so it will just be from my car to the store. Hopefully that would be short enough to not get stopped.

gwinnie, Naw it isn't weird, take the cute little thing with you and enjoy being a momma for a bit. That would be kinda awesome.
    Part Time Girl

Ask your wife about taking the baby with you. That would be the first thing I would consider and don't allow the pink fog over take you.

I think it depends on how soon you and your wife want to share your fem self with your baby (there are people on the forum whose children have always known, some wait till their kids are grown, some never tell)

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I doubt you'd have a problem with CPS ... but you know, stranger things have happened ... think that depends a lot on the kind of community you live in -- for instance, in San Fran -- unthinkable ... in alabama? -- yeah, I could see that happening (though still unlikely).

My bigger concern would be the safety of your baby. Not safety from you, but safety from the kind jackasses that might confront you in the parking lot, outside the restroom after a diaper change, etc. That could turn into a serious situation.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

yeah that's what I'm worried about too. My wife is okay with me taking the baby. She kind of suggested that this would be the time to go. I have a few options on where to go. The one place is farther away, but safer from people I know. The other place would be as accepting and closer, but more chance of seeing someone I know. At his age I doubt he will notice much. But I do worry about when he's older. My wife wants him to learn that what I do is okay and nothing unusual. I'm more worried about what other kids will think and say or do to him.

If you have to think about it twice - don't do it............Debra

I don't think there is anything weird about it. Just be sure you don't run into anyone who knows you or your baby.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    my son has always known and i very excepting.

Reality Check
    If someone sees you and takes offence, they may call the authorities on you. This may or may not get you into serious trouble but do you really want to deal with the police or child services? While dressed?

I would not do this if I were in your position. No good can come of it.

This is not weird, but you will attrack attention as babies are a draw. I have children and I believe that crossdressing makes you a better parent.
    Love, Sabrina

First it is your child, you are allowed to go places with it. It was in the contract. Second, it is your child and you are not in any way abusing it to be out while dressed (contract line 7 paragraph 4). Third, if you want to be a parent, then you have every right to be one. What you are doing is not illegal and if we are going to the "morals" route, there are a lot of parents who have done things far far worse and haven't had any repercussions.

Go for a walk, enjoy the sun, enjoy the child at this age because it will never happen again. Get a thick skin if anyone says anything. You aren't harming the child and you aren't breaking any laws. You are setting a GOOD example for other parents
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Reality Check
    One of the problems with asking for advice from strangers on the Internet is that you get advice from people who don't have to face the consequences of that advice. You also have people promoting a cause or agenda.

Remember, not everyone is OK with crossdressers, legal or not. And if someone want's to cause problems for you, they can.

You will get attention, or at least your baby probably will.

A long time ago when I was still "just" a crossdresser [sic], I went out with my then-wife and 1-year-old daughter to a restaurant. It was uneventful. But I'd use some judgment and consider the community and neighborhood before doing something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinnie View Post
    The only places I'm going are torrid and to a baby store. Neither are in a mall so it will just be from my car to the store. Hopefully that would be short enough to not get stopped.
    You're bordering on the wishful thinking area here. You want it to all go fine, and everyone will be accepting or at least tolerate you. Now, consider for a moment the worst possible scenario; someone says to the store management that it looks like you've disguised yourself to steal someone else's baby. Interaction with store security and police called. Picture in the newspaper of 'suspected kidnapper' (ok that probably won't happen, but somebody in the crowd just might take a pic of you in the situation and you're go viral on youtube). Are you really OK with all that happening? Because it's the exact opposite of how your wishful thinking scenario would go. Sure, sure you can always try to sue them for false arrest, using your image on youtube without your permission, etc., but by then the damage will already have been done.

So if you can deal with the worst possible outcome and be ok with that, go ahead. Just don't be surprised if it actually does down that way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

you haven't said (or I missed it) how old your "baby" is. If we're talking infant, then go and enjoy being a Mother for a bit. If the "baby" is more like a toddler, wear comfy shoes for chasing...

I have to say, when our oldest was a baby I was still living full time fem. When my wife was busy (or asleep), to keep the baby quiet I would let her suckle my breast. That folks, is the most bonding and fulfilling moment you could ever experience with a child.

It's not weird Gwinnie but, depending on what the community you live in is like, it may not be the wisest course of action. However, don't let your imagination run away with you either. Think, how accepting or otherwise IS your community really? If you got into a sticky situation were it might be necessary for you to (literally or metaphorically) rip off your wig and declare "it's me, Bob, this child's father" (potentially in front of friends/neighbours) can you REALLY live with the consequences? I suspect that the answer to that question is also the answer to "Should I go ahead?".

Baby just turned 4 months old yesterday. The place I'm thinking of going I've been there before dressed with no problem. But that was before baby.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I'd say you've about 18 years to LEAVE THE KID OUT OF IT.

I'd say do as you think best and enjoy it. Your child and your responsibility. Start them young and they quickly learn that what is abnormal for one may be very normal and good for another. 18 years is a long time to wait to educate your child and also a long time to wait to be who you are.