Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of going out with baby. Weird or okay?

Child Protective Services will not come to your door.
    Ummm, yeah they might. All it takes is some "concerned citizen", AKA local busybody to make a complaint, and they would have to check it out to rule out any abuse or funny business. And CPS is like a pitbull. Once you are in their sights, or system, they just might make further unannounced visits from time to time, on a slow day. Keep your crossdressing separate from your kids!!!!

My 2c: if you think that you will eventually go full time, then you do need to start doing lots of day-to-day things, with your wife, your baby, your friends, your coworkers, etc while dressed.

But if you intend on living primarily as a man (if you do not experience discomfort being a man), then what is the point of involving your baby in an activity that is not fully supported by members of our society? People can get protective when it comes to a child's welfare. If we lived in a society that believed people who cross the gender boundaries are a part of the every-day human fabric, then all would be good. But this is not the case, sadly, even with current public support for Bruce Jenner. People have a funny way of compartmentalizing things: public personalities (except politicians) can get away with doing a lot more than regular people because people subconsciously and loosely classify what they do as showbiz or entertainment. Gosh, even Jenner waited until all her kids were adult before coming out.

Also ... some people mentioned it might be "fun" experiencing being a mom. I just want to point out that being a mom (or a dad), has absolutely nothing to do with how long a person's hair is, whether they wear makeup or not, or what clothes they are wearing. Being a Parent is what it's all about, and that's what you are already, a parent who loves and nurtures his child.
    Reine

As a former firefighter, I listen to a scanner from time to time, and you would be surprised how many "concerned citizens", mostly seniors, snatch up a cellphone and call the police to report "a suspicious person", or "a suspicious situation", and they want it checked out. Just a heads up, to keep in mind during your activities. And some of it is malicious, as they peek out the window, hoping to see someone get busted, or get a ticket.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 06-07-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Banned Read only
    i cant believe the responses saying no..i included my son when he was a baby and had never any probs. busy bodies tend to leave me alone for i know where most of em live..lol my son had a nickname for me" not the momma",my wife never caught on til the third chat we had on my tgism,then it was like a light bulb moment...

Sorry Cheryl. All it takes is someone in authority with an axe to grind to cause trouble.

Careful I bite <3
    I'm a bit late to the game but here it goes.

CPS in most parts of the country won't care too much about cross dressing. Doing it in public with your kid is a caveat to that which hasn't come up much in my experience, but could be viewed as affecting the welfare of the child in the eyes of the person in charge of the case. It is more likely to be a strong argument in their mind, if it can affect your work, but other factors such as safety and mental health could come up.

ReineD's advice on your chosen path really does help guide what your focus should be, since any version of potentially going full time is more like a band-aid. In most cases the choice of ripping it off faster (without opening the wound), will probably be less painful in the long run.

As for real risks some are overblown. In broad daylight with enough people around, most people tend to behave themselves quite well. Especially in situations where drinking/hooking up isn't a social norm. Don't let your kid wander so you avoid any confusion over who's kid it is, and to appear as responsible. Still kids are attention magnets especially where there shouldn't be too many. If you keep moving that can sometimes work in your favor, especially if your overdressed as we normally are, but that isn't something I would bet on. Torrid might fall into this category, but the baby store should be all good.

The less you are "clocked" the less likely you will have any issues at all. I went out most of the day on this past Sunday, I got complimented on my feet, outfit etc, I only had one woman literally turn around and stare for over 30 seconds as I walked past. On another outing I had to recover my wallet from the store manager, he had trouble believing it was me for a bit. Kind of smiled awkwardly while the assistant GM nudged him and said yup that's the right one (they had two and mine was the less girly of the two to boot). This was at an arcade type place with kids all around, where I had no issues of anyone claiming I was there to prey on their children. Hell one of my best friends parents walked past me twice on the same day two weeks ago at a movie theater, and I don't think they even noticed a thing. Given I did put my head down and hurried to the ladies room to avoid looking directly into their face.