Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The subtle attractions of cross dressing

Banned Read only

The subtle attractions of cross dressing

I woke up this morning with a recollection of a conversation from about six months ago with Rachael Morely of the River City Gems group. I don't know why it popped into my head but as I ruminated on it I thought it worth throwing out here. I was at the Gems holiday party in Sacramento. I wrote about it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...iver+City+Gems

Rachael and I were just getting to know each other and went through the usual why's and when's of cross dressing when she asked something to the affect of 'Don't you like the little differences of movement?" What she mentioned were things like how one has to bend from the knees to pick something up, getting into a car, sitting, holding one's hair back to get a drink from a faucet, using a napkin, and so on. I don't know why but as I was thinking on this this morning, I had to agree. Of course, in guy mode, I don't think about any of this, but when dressed a FEEL all of it. Maybe it's just because the sensation is different, but it is something I kind of like about being dressed.

Are Rachael and I alone in this?

I was just thinking about that too as dressed all up wearing a pencil skirt. There is a female feeling that a male cannot have with physical sensation of stockings rubbing together as you walk under your skirt. It is something that is so amazing. I think that I will go out on a walk latter today.

You are definatey not alone, there is a 'female' feeling that you do not get in guy mode, even things as simple as walking has a certain sensation. It is one of the things that makes dressing so enjoyable.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Yes the clicking of your heels as you walk.

I am with you and enjoy those moments so very much.

Actually many of the things a GG does is good for a guy also. Like bending knees to pick something up. Long hair is the same for men. Now walking tall in heels with a pencil skirt and stockings on. Well, that is something that men never get to feel. It is those little things that are awesome.
    Part Time Girl

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Certainly not! The subtle physical sensations of being in girl mode are awesome. I love the feeling of long hair against the back of my neck, the way that walking in heels changes my gait, the barely detectable scent of fresh makeup, the feeling of a skirt swishing against the back of my knees ... all of it!

I think I enjoy these things the most, when I've been in girl mode for a few hours, and things start to "normalize" ... that is, the primary thing that I'm doing is no longer "getting pretty" ... I'm now absorbed in just going about my life ... at that point, these things become beautiful little reminders, that yes indeed ... I am exactly who I want to be in that moment :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Platinum Member
    I'm not entirely sure....maybe when dressing was an occasional thing. If I affect any different movements or gestures, its second nature...or subconscious. I certainly enjoy wearing nice outfits but as Amy mentioned above my attention is quickly diverted to other things.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The two of you are definitely not alone with those thoughts. The more I practice walking correctly in heels for example, the more I need to remind myself to walk like a guy when I'm not dressed. The more I dress, the more I want to polish my nails, wear jewelry, and adopt other female mannerisms.

Karen

No, the two of you are not alone. These are a few of the "little" things that CDs and T-girls have to learn to do in order to not attract unwanted attention. Since I present as a woman most of the time, these things have become second nature to me and help me to be accepted as the woman that I am presenting to the world.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    All of these sensations are very wonderful, particularly if you are unused to them.

A question I would ask of you is whether or not these feelings feel a little more right for you? I'm not suggesting in an "omg! This is who I am!" kind of a way, I know few of you would feel that, just a little more natural or right feeling? By comparison, does your typical daily male presentation seem a little worse by comparison? (I'm not suggesting way worse, just a subtle thing.)

Not trying to start any controversy, just asking questions.

All second nature when your dressed..................Debra

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Well ... I'll put it this way. There are lots of subtle physical sensations that remind me I'm in dude mode too. The way denim feels against my legs, sitting on a George Costanza sized wallet. The way men's deodorant smells. Etc.

When I notice them, I find these sensations irritating. Then again, if you ask GGs about all the "wonderful" things were waxing on about here, I imagine quite a few would say "I never notice that, but when I do its annoying"

Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt. Especially when you have a hot dog every day, but all you really want is a burger (you know what I mean, lol)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I think most of us slide into the role quite nicely. We must, we keep coming back for more.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Nope, you are not alone.

The "feeling" of being in girl-mode was always a big thing for me. A lot of it comes natural and is just a result of the mechanics of the clothing, hair, shoes etc. Entering or exiting a car seat with a tight skirt on requires a special technique. For one to be able to do it without breaking anything and second, to avoid getting arrested for indecent exposure

Managing long hair when drinking from a faucet as Jennifer mentioned etc etc.

Also the natural sway of the hips that comes from walking in high heels, having wider hips kinda' comes natural.

Then some of it are things you have to think about a little and some of it takes a lot of practice, like how to sit properly when wearing a short dress or skirt, that little movement of your head when you swing your hair back before positioning your sunglasses to hold your hair up, the different posture when you stand with your weight on one foot while pushing the hip out a little. How you hold your hands more open and use them more while talking. It is all a part of the body language and is definitely different between the stereotype male and female presentation.

There are many little things that are distinctive female when you watch others do it and it is all those little things that will make the total picture influence other peoples perception of Male or Female when they interact with you or see you walk by.

I remember many many years ago, someone said that you can always tell a man in womens clothing because when he sits with one leg across the other, in an otherwise feminine position, the angle of the foot is close to 90 degrees!
    A woman in high heels will more naturally point the toes down and the angle of the foot is flat, following the line of the lower leg. Since then, I always made an effort to avoid that little give-away.

Also the way a woman hold her elbows closer to the body when walking, carry things, like books or papers, close to the chest often with both hands. How she places her feet when walking, more in a straight line and closer together, than a man do.

To me, a lot of these little things signal softness, gentleness, awareness of presentation, or on short, in my mind at least, femininity.

- Suzie

Banned Read only
    Paula, for me, the feeling is just different. Not right but simply required given what I am wearing. Maybe because I'm strictly a part timer, I notice it more. While I do forget I am dressed when out, these small movements always bring me back

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    It's something you tend not to think about when you've dressed for a while, I haven't experienced all the things you mention but when wearing a nightie and a long dressing gown you have to think about moving and sitting in a different way . I got caught out today walking across the lawn in heels !
    Most of the differences are normal allowances you have to do when wearing clothes that move and act in different ways to normal drab clothes, they come over as feminine because women have to do them all the time to cope with long hair and skirts that might do things they don't expect.

Amy, very well articulated!!!

Suzie, you are a good student. I remember, as a child, my mother teaching many of those things to my teenage sister. I was and remain today facinated with the grace of it all and I think you are also right in suggesting that these mannerisms reflect a softness, a gentleness and an awareness of presentation.

Sometimes, I like to think of men as diamonds in the rough. Women are also diamonds, but precisely cut and polished into dazzling gems. I am comfortable being a crude rock. But it is a distinct pleasure to be a jewel now and then.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Suzie, interesting about the foot position with legs crossed. I've always, naturally let my toes drop in that position, and I cross my legs that way all the time even in drab.

Jennifer, glad you enjoyed your visit to my home town. Arden Fair was my mall when I first started shopping for women's clothes. The dress in my avatar came from there. Glad you found something that you look great in. I actually preferred you in that red dress. I think it gave you a great figure. As to the intent of your OP, I always appreciated how the clothes just naturally induced feminine motions too. Its definitely one of the perks of going en femme.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Jenn,

A very interesting observation. By no means did I "study" women when I started going out (lived with them all my life, so I am sure some things sunk in), but those subtle differences just happened. It's all part of this CD thing that I find so alluring. Putting an outfit together, selecting the right earrings, bracelets, shoes, purse and then putting it all on and it looks great! Then you get a complement from someone and you feel so special, like you were just invited into a club. I don't think differently when dressed, I am not at peace or feel "right", I just feel good, nice, special. It's a good thing.

Kandi
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I love all those little subtle movements, particularly when I don't anticipate them and they just occur before I realize it. The grosser movements needed to walk in heels, sit in a tight dress, are almost less intriqueing since they are a matter of practice and necessity. ha ha But do make you proud of yourself when you do it right.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Jen,

I was kinda surprised to hear that something little 'ole me said 6 months ago happened to pop up in your mind. That said, from my perspective, and being that I am a "weekend part-timer", I do think that if I were to be able to dress way more often than I do these differences would stop being differences and become normal and I would not give them a second thought.

(Here's a bad analogy) Kinda like trying to improve your golf swing, your coach has you stand in a different position and grip the club differently, and when you first do this and/or don't play that often it always feels "different from the norm" but if you begin to play often enough it becomes automatic and you never think about it anymore and its just part of your game.

Me, being me, I don't dress often enough to not notice these differences, but when I do dress, I can get easily get into the mindset and it all just seems to flow effortlessly to me because a lot of these movements I now carry over in to my boy self. It not hard, in fact it's easy, but I'm still "part-time enough" to notice a difference.

Hugs
    Rachel
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 06-04-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    in guy mode, I don't think about any of this, but when dressed a FEEL all of it. Maybe it's just because the sensation is different,
    When I first started dressing, I was always hyper sensitive to the differences in how the clothing feels to wear, and how all the little movements are subtly different, as well as the female specific things like yes, hair care around food and drink, and sitting down in skirts and dresses, and of course bathroom routines. At this point however, I don't really consciously notice it all as it's become second nature as I dress as a girl most of every day. But of course the feelings are still there, always sending back tactile/visual signals that declare 'female person' instead of male. It's why I'm still sane and calm instead of a irritable wreck of a human being.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.