I wonder if I'm outing myself on my 'male' FB page. My older brother is understanding to the plight of our trans youth and young adult trans men, but not for Jenner, and refuses to call her Caitlyn.

I asked him, if he was able to talk to John Wayne, would he call him Marion. No response.

Now he's cited the a--hole Dr. Paul McHugh and his 2004 anti-trans article “Surgical Sex”. He said he wanted to illustrate a different point of view.

So, I had to respond with a long post to explain why McHugh's point of view is erroneous.

I followed up with my being an electrical engineer and was familiar with Lynn Conway, etc. etc. hoping to throw him off the scent. My mom is the only one in that part of the family that knows.

As the conversation continues, what I've gathered is that his issue is mainly with Jenner, citing Jenner's move through life living a full as a male (marriage, fatherhood,athletics).

I pointed out that just because Jenner took a different path, that does not make it any less real than Lynn's or thousands of others. Many try to "man-up", like former Navy SEAL Kristin Beck. This is likely one reason Jenner did so well at the Olympics, trying to man-up.

Many eventually realize that transition is the right path. He believes that children who have this dysphoria should be nurtured and be permitted the identity to which they relate. So I pointed out that Jenner was once a child, and as a child had this dysphoria. It doesn't go away.

Additionally, I pointed out that at least Jenner's children are supportive, apparently, since they have yet to voice any displeasure at Caitlyn's transition.

My wife didn't want me to continue further with the discussion.