Thread: Unsolicited Compliment

Unsolicited Compliment

I was walking into a large department store yesterday and a woman complimented me as she was coming out. I was dressed in a red top, black and white striped maxi skirt, nude hose, black strappy flats. I was presenting male otherwise. I am quite tall and V shaped and not very feminine outside of my clothing. Two older women (50s) were coming out of the store as I was approaching the door. Both of them looked at me. I cannot remember if I said, "hello" or not, but one lady said gently as though it was to herself or her companion, "I like that." That was it. I walked on into the store.

How very nice of her.

I hope she was talking about me and not something behind me!

Banned Read only
    Wow! Now that's a confidence booster if I've ever heard one! I hang out in parks in broad daylight to build confidence myself and on two occasions I've had women say hi in passing. I like to think it's because I'm PASSING (I think I am) I've only smiled politely though since my voice ain't quite there yet ☺

Banned Read only
    I think many women are more accepting of alternate lifestyles than men. I've found a lot of women, including my wife, want to make sure their ensemble is well coordinated. I'm sure she was making a comment as to your style. If you want to emulate a tastefully attired woman, it does take some effort. I think she may have approved and you were not making a mockery of women. I've found, when there has been some conversation with women on the subject, they really object to ill dressed men in dresses. They really do see it as den1grating their sex.

Wow! That must have made you feel incredible! I know it would have me

I interpreted it as a comment on my outfit.

It is great to be recognized. When I am out in a skirt or a dress I often wonders what people say after I am out of sight. The only people that approach me are the ones that have something positive to say to me. That is always a great feeling to be accepted an appreciated.

I have always wanted to go with another crossdresser to a store where one of us is in drab and stays behind to see what happens when the other person leaves the room. I fear that the result might make me uncomfortable going out in public ever again...

Thats really cool. I'm sure that made you hold your head high. I do love posts like this one. They are always helpful.

Seriously fabulous story. Thanks for sharing.
    Was someone singing in a dream? I could not understand the voices.
    There's nothing out there... Am I the last girl on earth?

Aspiring Member
    It sounds like you have accomplished something that is my ultimate goal... to have a wardrobe that is stylish and reflective of the best in fashion. I believe a choice of good clothes will get me closer to "passing" and being accepted as much as anything else.