Thread: My first question!

My first question!

If you were with someone that accepted most of your crossdressing, lets say they didn't want makeup...could you give up that? what about all the other activity? Just wondering....when do you feel ok?

For me, it is the clothing that is comfortable.

When going out, I do my best to present completely as I dress.

Of course, in my home, my Bride has set some rules that are inviolate. Nothing that I cannot handle, so all is cool.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    We have a pretty simple understanding. We talk to each other about everything before we do it and neither of us dictates how the other should dress. So I probably would not handle it well if I was told what things were okay and what things were not.

I was just told that she doesn't want to see me in the house wearing a wig, and I'm guessing, makeup. I have to find the line for whether I can wear it if I leave the house. She has bent a little bit since finding out that I dress, so I'm not trying to break her either, just trying to find out the limitations.

We are destined to push the boundaries.

When out I prefer to dress nicely, but find my "don't care gene" is kicking in so make up is getting less and less.
    I generally do not wear wig and make up at home, and only put them on 20 minutes before going out.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Thank you Nadine good post

Barbara My wife doesn't like the wig yet either...everything else ok
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-12-2015 at 09:36 PM.

I could not give up a wig, makeup, stockings/pantyhose, or high heels. The rest is negotiable. Fortunately, my wife has no problem with any of it, even my preference to go way over the top everything.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I do the clothing without all the other stuff a lot but sometimes I just enjoy putting it all together so it's a tough one

As much as I love going to the nines and love makeup, I am fortunate enough that I look damn good without makeup :P
    But honestly, CD'ing is a compromise really. I'd rather have to give up makeup rather than it being a DADT.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

So far my fiancé is accepting of it. But, I had a lot of help with the internet and The s.o. acceptance discussion on this forum to help me with that. And, believe me it helped, & I don't think I could give up make up or any item of being fem as it is who I am and have come to be. So giving something like that up is like me giving up a piece of who I am.

For me, it's about trying to be as passable as possible (say that three times fast). So it would be tough to give up makeup, since it helps so much. My girlfriend gets a little hesitant to kiss me when I'm all made up - being a straight gg, she really likes me in beardy mode, but likes to hang out with Stephanie too! So we find our balance that way - sometimes hanging out with Stephanie, often with me in boy mode.

I don't use make up yet but if say I was asked not to wear a wig that'd be tough, I have to be wig/forms or not at all

Sarah x

IF I were with someone that accepted... could I give up makeup???

Not in a gazillion years...

Just boy me in a wig and a dress..???

Missing all that creative, artistic fun of struggling valiantly to extract the proverbial silk purse from a pig's ear..???

Nope - It would be an all or nothing thing for me.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

My wife is accepting of all aspects of my dressing, including make-up. If she was suddenly to say I had to give it up . . . well, that would be a tough call. Would I give it up to save my marriage? Possibly, but I would let her know that this is integral to who I am and while I could give it up, it would have a dramatic effect on my emotional well-being and as such I would most likely become moody, despondent, angry and resentful which would effect our marriage more negatively than me wearing make-up. Rules are about compromise but not at the expense of your or your SO's well being (physically or emotionally). If either is going to suffer immensely then perhaps it is time to call it a day because the damage will occur irrespective of the boundary being broken or not.

Hugs

Isha

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I don't do much with makeup. For me it's just the clothes (unless you consider polished toes makeup!). My wife has asked that I do not wear a dress or skirt in front of her. I am careful not to push her comfort level. In summer I lounge in capris or shorts, winter it's yoga pants. I was not asked to give up al my mini skirts, just not in front of her.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

I hadn't thought of painting my toes as makeup Prettytoes, but I guess you are right. I put on a bright pink coat just the other day and she hasn't said anything about it. Her last comment about my using it was that I do a better job of it than my daughter. LOL I love my pink toes.

easily.. most days I never bother with the makeup anyway.. usually only if I'm planning to go out or having a quiet night in with close friends. so as long as she didn't want me to purge my wardrobe, I could live with only getting dolled up for the odd special occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    I would let her know that this is integral to who I am and while I could give it up, it would have a dramatic effect on my emotional well-being and as such I would most likely become moody, despondent, angry and resentful which would effect our marriage more negatively than me wearing make-up.
    ^this. I can even stop crossdressing, but there will be consequences.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I never had make up on my face, however I will take a chance when I am alone at home.
    I ensure to remove all my body hair using epilator and applying body lotion twice a week.
    Hair density is reduced to a greater extent and I am enjoying hairless woman like body.
    My breast size have considerably increased using BB cream and regular massaging by my wife n wearing Ladies undergarment on daily basis.
    I feel very special finding this community for sharing my experience.
    Thanks to all dear members,

I'm one of the lucky ones, I came out to my wife 39 years ago, and see was O.K. With it. We both by my clothes , the wife has more fun shopping for me than see does for her self. She dresses very simply, camp shirts and pants, while I love skirts and dresses,floral and colorful, and many different styles. So she says I'm just more fun to shop for.
    I'm afraid if she tried to limit what I wear or when I could wear it, we would wind up back where we started, with me suffering from depesstion, I just couldn't go back to that. It's not that I dress a lot, but I dress when the feeling hits me, and I won't apologize for keeping my head on straight. But of course I would never want to hurt my wife, so it's good we are on the same page.

Thanks everyone just talking about it helps. She is getting there and I have to be patient because it has been a whirlwind for her. I do not need to go out dressed etc, but I want to be me in bedroom with her sometimes, full dress , wig and makeup...watch some movies...yes those kinds...and enjoy her being with me...

I hope it all works out.