Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kind of an awkward question

I don't have a problem sharing.
    Matter of fact the last thing she borrowed was a slip, and I still haven't gotten it back so I just went out and bought a new one.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Years ago, I went out shopping one night and came home after my wife and gone to bed. I bought an outfit and just left if in the bag, in the family room. When I got up the next morning, I couldn't find my new outfit and called my wife to see if she might have place it somewhere else. She told me that she looked at it and decided to wear it to work that morning. When she came home that night, she told me some of her co-workers commented on what a cute outfit it was and where did she get it. She told them that it was something that her husband picked up.

Anyway she always borrows my stuff, earrings, other jewelry and clothes; which is fine with me. She has told me that its okay to borrow her stuff too.
    Dana Ryan

My wife is always welcome to borrow my stuff. All I ask is, with clothes, just wash them and hang them back up, anything else, just put it back when your done. She like knowing she always has a backup wardrobe.

I love it when my wife wants to borrow any of my female stuff, and she has always been quick to offer me any of her stuff as long as it fits and I don't stretch it out of shape.
    It has doubled the jewelry we both have to choose from, and when our sizes where closer to the same, we use to share blouses, I always loved it when she got complements while wearing my clothes!
    She has always said she loves my clothing style and tells me I have good taste, I've also had SA's tell me she is a very lucky lady to have a husband that has such good taste in gift giving, little did she know, I was shopping for myself. But I also shop for the wife, and she also loves what I get her. So yes I recommend sharing, as long as it is done with permission, both ways.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Dominique,
    As others have said, it's 'borrowing' without asking (especially if it involves stretching) that is frowned upon. If your wife wants to borrow your blouse, smile sweetly and let her (and pocket the brownie points). And if the 'borrowing' should become permanent then consider it as an investment! After all, if she's 'borrowing' your clothes she can hardly object to you going out and buying more, can she?
    The only clothes of mine that my wife wants to borrow are boy clothes

Be nice, share!

I would be thrilled to death if my wife wanted to wear my clothes. It would make them seem even more feminine. Lucky you!

To the OP, yes, let her borrow it. Even if for what ever reason she does not (normally/currently) reciprocate.

This goes out to all that is applies to as I did not want to go multi-quote crazy.
    I am at a bit of a loss here and excuse my rudeness here, but is this a "guy thing"?
    There are more then a few replies with the underling sediment of:
    "If SO borrows your clothes = excuse to go buy more clothes (for yourself)"

I'm sorry, but like I said, I just don't get it??
    In my past having family/friends borrow my clothes did not make me think "Ya! Time to go shopping"

In the present I still do not equate loaning out my clothes with an excuse to go shopping.
    I (and most women I know) do not think "Oh my friend liked/borrowed a skirt, time to go buy more of them"
    Maybe because borrowing clothes is generally more openly done by women then men so we do not see it as anything special?
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD