Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I got asked on a date!!! OMG!!!

Banned Read only
    I think it's cute, but hey I'm a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    I think it's cute, but hey I'm a girl!
    Thank you!!! Notice that I'm choosing to respond to your thread to indicate that I am still reading the posts and that I'm specifically choosing not to respond to other posts. Been there, done that, still aching from a massive, mean debate I got into on this site probably 5 years ago.

Anyway, about the video, it's all fun. Everything about the video and my exchanges with Jim have been fun! Posting videos is fun, making videos is fun, and letting out my inner narcissist is fun!!! Going on a real date, turning this into real life encounter--well, that will be another massive step in my journey. And a long journey it has been.

I can't wait to make follow-up videos about the date itself....but you'll have to be patient, because there isn't a date set yet. You can guarantee that I'll keep everyone posted!!!! And, yes, I do enjoy getting hits. Inner narcissist at it again!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Yes, I am being very serious. I too laughed with the video and took it for what I believe the OP wanted, to share a fun and unique true moment about being asked out on a date and the joint video they put together. I do not believe that she posted the video here to get more hits, and I do not believe it is a joke.

Danam, is it a joke and an effort to get more hits?

Which question of mine did you answer? You are "not" what? I would also appreciate your answer to my first and second questions. Thanks

The reason I ask is that every once in awhile in a nice thread someone will come along with such a contrary short response that it clearly appears to be that they enjoy pissing on someone else's parade just by being the contrarian. So, instead of accusing you of that, I was wondering if you had valid reasons for your comments. Maybe you know something that the rest of us do not, and, "seriously" speaking, I am truly interested in knowing or seeing what you do and I don't see. I may even change my opinion.

If, however, you posted just to drop a little bird shit on someone else's special moment and to be seen as "that" type of contrarian, then I think that is rude and uncalled for, and maybe it is a way for you to attract whatever type of notice that you may want or need at the expense of someone else. If you question the validity of someone's post, wouldn't it be better to just ask the polite questions to clarify your doubts?
    I'm not pissing on anyone's parade. I found the video really funny. I just cast doubt as to the OP's post. I could be very wrong though, and if I am, then it won't matter a jot to the OP, who is the one who only really knows the truth anyway.

Having said that, I see your point and on reflection, I could have expressed my doubts in a manner not as abruptly as I did. For that I apologise.