Thread: I am "new", how has your croddressing developed

I am "new", how has your croddressing developed

Hi there everyone

This is my first post to the forum, but I have followed you all for several years. I especially want to thank Kimberly for all her stories from traveling and flying pretty, and encouraged me and others to do it ourself. Karen for all her funny comments, and because I am originally a hockey player myself and think skirts and dresses are the most important in crossdressing. I also want to thank Jjjjohanne because you are the one I identify the most with in how you are expressing crossdressing, and I have enjoyed your stories about going out in a skirt. I don’t know why I haven’t posted anything yet, but hope that I can contribute something here. I have a question to you, but first I will tell a bit about myself.

I am from Norway, so please excuse my English. My crossdressing has developed over the years and life situation, and varied a lot in how I have expressed it, and today I am 40 years old. In the beginning I knew everything that was in my sister and mother closet, but eventually started buying things for myself. I have never felt like I am a woman, but has always felt that I am a man that loves to wear women clothing. It always has to be skirts or dresses. Going out has always been important for me, and it doesn’t give me anything to sit by myself just wearing a dress. If I go out in a dress I am in heaven. I started without make up or a wig, but when I started to go out in public I needed to not be recognized so I started to wear makeup and a wig so no one would recognize me. I did this for several years, but I always knew this wasn’t who I wanted to be. The last five years I have always gone out in public as a man in a skirt or dress with high heels. The feeling is great just going outside just being yourself. I very seldom experience anything negative, but very often I get positive feedback from the public. I have been on a plane, shopping in the mall many times, gone to the movies, been out clubbing and much more as a man in a dress. Many of my friends know about this part of me, but not everyone. My SO knows about this, but she doesn’t want to see it, talk about it or know anything about this. I am not out to everyone or to most of the people at my work. I know there is only a question of time before someone that doesn’t know will see me in public and spread the word. I have made it through so far, and think I will be able to cope if that day comes.

My question to you all are. I have developed from going out in a wig and makup and than now only going out as a man in a dress and heels just being me and always feeling like a man inside. Has anyone else had this development in your crossdressing career or how has your situation changed during the years with crossdressing?

Thank you all for reading, and I’m looking forward to have a more active part in this wonderful forum.

Robert

Has anyone else had this development in your crossdressing career or how has your situation changed during the years with crossdressing?

Hi Robin, welcome to the forum officially

My dressing is just the opposite of what you described, mine went from a man in a dress to a more feminine look with the wig, makeup and nails and such. There surly is nothing wrong with how it had progressed with you , me, or anyone else. As long as your being yourself, that is all that matters
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Robin,
    At the moment I'm opposite, I totally underdress when walking the dog and remove my drab layer when I think it's safe to do so, but I have been caught out , nothing drastic has happened ! I do want to be out more but would prefer not to be a guy in a dress, like you I only want to wear skirts or dresses but the majority of GGs wear jeans or leggings or the odd combination of tunic dresses which I can't quite get my head round .

Banned Read only
    Robin/Robert, I'm all or nothing cross dresser. When I go out, I want to present and look like a woman. More to be comfortable and blend than anything else.

I might be most similar I am defiantly a man, play softball, basketball, hang at the bar watch sports etc but once at home or in the bedroom with the wife, I am a guy. I tried the full time dressing, going out etc, but not for me. We each have our own way and we need to be comfortable with ourselves...good luck.

Platinum Member
    hilsener og jeg er så glad for å møte deg

Excuse the Google translation. I'm a transplanted transgendered person of Norwegian descent, from Minnesota. (Try to sing that to the melody from Rocky Horror Show!)

Like Jennifer above, I'm pretty much all or nothing, and leaning decidedly towards all, all the time. But this is a big world with room for all.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome Robin. Like many others, I prefer to fully dress and be out in public. Very thrilling. Often though, I don't have the time and so go out in androgynous clothing dressed like a woman. Most people don't notice, but I have had some stares. I like it when they notice my nail polish too. I think it's important to normalize what we do and I guess that's my contribution.

Hi Robin, I've started to slide down the "don't care" ramp.
    I used to be OCD about my looks, but now heading to a stage where make up & wigs are no longer a priority depending on my activity.
    I don't really want to end up as a man in a dress, but that is where I seem to be heading
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Thank you everyone for the response.

I know there isn’t any right or wrong way to crossdress, and I also have the impression on how I am expressing myself and how I’m developing isn’t the most usual pathway. That is why I’m curios to hear from your own experiences.

Kimdl93; google translate isn’t perfect in translation, but thank you for trying

ChristinaK; I totally agree with you. We have a mission to normalize this, and than we have to show the world who we are. Yes, we do get a stare once in a while, but who care. I only wish I could be totally open so I didn’t need to care who sees me and not. As so many of you I do also have to take care of my family wishes because I am not the only one affected by this.

Hi Robin and welcome,

I really admire your courage to go out as a guy in a dress or skirt and heels. I've never been out while dressed, but if I would I'd make sure to wear a wig and loads of makeup so nobody would recognise me. But I see you live in the big city, perhaps the level of acceptance and mentality there is so much different from the small town which I live in. If people here would know I'm a CDer they would disapprove and accuse me for the rest of my life for sure!

One question though...you mentioned going out in a dress or skirt but don't you wear hose or stockings? I always wear them when dressed, in fact I feel so incomplete without them. That's why I don't like the summer for instance when sometimes its just too hot to be wearing them.

Enjoy your time here at this forum, look forward to read more from you.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette

Thank you for the kind words.

So sorry to hear that you can’t go outside with your dressing. My hometown is kind of a big city, but not large enough to be sure that I don’t meet someone that know me. Usually I travel to a nearby town. Sometimes I also go out in my own town and just take the risk (I did today). I guess one day I will meet someone that shouldn’t know. To be honest I’m sure someone must have seen me sometime. Probably more people know of my activities, but I have never heard anything. Anyway many of my friends know about it.

I always wear pantyhose. I like them a lot and they complete the outfit. Anyway, the best most be in summer to go with bear legs. I did shave earlier, but after I met my SO I have kept them hairy. That means pantyhose also in the summer. I have plans to shave them in a couple of weeks.

Hi and welcome. I think my situation is similar to yours. I just like to wear womens clothing. Dresses, skirts, heels, nylons, etc. I have never gone out in public dressed. I give you a lot of credit for having the courage to do that without a wig and makeup. The only reason I would wear a wig and makeup is so as not to be recognized. Someday I hope all clothes will not be gender specific. I would just like to go out in a dress and heels and be a normal guy.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Robin. When I first started really getting into crossdressing I found myself initially overwhelmed with the details... makeup, bras, forms, shaving, wigs, etc. It took a long time before I ventured out for the first time and that was to a local gay, drag club where I knew I would be accepted - not completely en femme, but with makeup, hair styled a bit, mens clothes worn in a feminine fashion and some pretty rhinestone sandals. Not very impressive, but it was a big step for me.

Now, I'm so much into it, I am finally shopping in public and have built my wardrobe up substantially. Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that crossdressing for me is like getting on a train... it was slow getting out of the station, but now it's picking up speed and the ride is thrilling.

As to how you feel when you go out? You may find yourself changing slowly - at first feeling only like a man in female clothes. But as you progress and get more and more into your female personae, there is great satisfaction to giving yourself over to that part of you. When that happens, you will experience your feminine side in a wonderful and exciting way - actually feeling like a woman for a short, but exhilarating time. And don't worry if this doesn't happen right away. You are on a long and wonderful journey - not a short trip.

Of course, this will not change who you are, but rather, only add an extra dimension to your life that can only make you a fuller and more exciting person... or should I say, woman.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Robin and WELCOME! For me I started out dressing at home in women's clothing, experimenting with make-up and an wig to finally going out. I consider myself gender fluid in that at times I identify as a woman and dress and present accordingly and sometimes as a man in which I dress and present accordingly. I do not mix the two genders and am either one or the other. Glad you found your way here so don't be shy and BTW your English is very good.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    hilsener og jeg er så glad for å møte deg

Excuse the Google translation. I'm a transplanted transgendered person of Norwegian descent, from Minnesota. (Try to sing that to the melody from Rocky Horror Show!)

Like Jennifer above, I'm pretty much all or nothing, and leaning decidedly towards all, all the time. But this is a big world with room for all.
    Let me show you around, maybe play you a sound
    You look like you're both pretty groovy