Thread: Just fixing ordinary things while dressed

Just fixing ordinary things while dressed

Today I went out dressing in situations I have never been in before. I am constantly pushing the limits to move on. I was alone today, it was sunny outside, but I had several thing to fix regarding my car.

Yesterday I was thinking out what to wear while lying in bed. So this morning I put on a flower dress, kind of a swing dress in 50 style. I wore black high heeled pumps, a cardigan and a purse. I did not use any makeup or wig. Because I haven’t shaved my leg yet, I had to put on some nude pantyhose.

My first mission was to discuss what to do with my car because I had a yellow alarm yesterday while driving home from work. Usually I sit in the car and build up confidence to go in. This morning I just walked out of the car and entered the car shop. I was greeted by to women at the desk. They just smiled and said good morning. I was sent to the car mechanics. This guy said I had to come back next week, and not to worry about the alarm. It was so great just walk in to them in dress and heels. Nothing was said about how I was dressed, and they treated me like any customer. The ladies at the desk said goodbye as I was leaving.

A while ago someone backed into my car and I have to fix the bumper. I then drove to another mechanic and had him watch what needed to be done. Usually I love to communicate with women when I’m dressed, and I’m being more insecure when I have to talk to a male. Before I went in I drove my car past the place and looked in. It was a lot of people inside. I drove back and thinked what the hell, and just walked right in with my head held high. Some of the guys there looked several times in my direction, but nothing was said. We went outside to look at the car. There I stood outside and a lot of people passing by, I felt great.

I was so happy about what I had done so far, so I drove to a mall. It is the last day at school today, so there was a lot of youths also in the mall. Even this time I didn’t hesitate before leaving my car, I just wanted to do some shopping. Nothing really happened at the mall, I just looked around in the shops. I didn’t see many heads turning as I passed them. I didn’t buy anything.

This evening I had to change tiers to summer gear. I drove to the garage and sat down as I watched the tiers getting changed. I sat there with my legs crossed, and was amused on how my dress looked while sitting down.

On my way home I stopped at the gas station. I have shopped there several times and the girl behind the desk has seen me many times, but never said anything. Today she told me I always wore so beautiful dresses. She said I made her happy when I entered because I dared to be myself. We talked for a while and we wished each other a great weekend.

Sorry for the long post. It was just a fantastic day. I love to be able to just do ordinary things while wearing a dress.

And that is how life happens, well done for having the courage
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gone to live my life
    Hi Robin,

I applaud your courage and your conviction to be yourself. I think people are getting less concerned with what other people are doing/wearing and that is probably what you are experiencing. Will everyone agree? Not likely but then again they are probably more likely to disagree in silence and just let you go on with your life. CONGRATS on such a great day.

Hugs

Isha

Congrats on getting the courage and will to have a day like that, enjoy your time in the sun!

From the thread title I thought you were fixing your car yourself while dressed and was chuckling to myself of the thought of you doing it in a dress and heels, that's the best example of dressing appropriately, sweats and a spaghetti top would be the better look.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Very nice accounting of your day Robin! Amusing, enlightening, and encouraging to those that do not usually venture out of the home. Thanks for sharing your fabulous day. Carry on sister!
    Krissy

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Sounds like a fabulous day, for of ordinary things robin. being yourself sounds so simple. We all know it isn't. Thanks for a great post.

tb1706.jpgThank you all for the great response. I really had a good time, and it is so nice to shear it here. I did take a picture when out shopping at the mall. I will try to attach it. Hmmm, I still think about that great day.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow, that's a super cute outfit! You have way more courage than me to wear it out without makeup and a wig! Congrats.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Love the outfit. It's exactly how I dress but stopped going out in public several yrs ago. Still dress at home and don't worry about being outside dressed. If the neighbors haven't seen me by now they must be blind. However no one has ever said anything good or bad.

Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that you show the diversity of the member types here. I (for whatever reason) feel somewhere on the gender fluid scale and while I present tastefully, as you are here, I also don't typically go with a wig or too much to hide my gender male appearance in my face. I find that instead of shock and anger, people are usually slightly amused or I make them a little happy somehow.
    I have not tried a whole day out fully dressed like you did, which is certainly a big step, just short errends in a skirt and full days are more angrogenous for me as of yet. But I am also in Scandinavia, which is as good a place as any to not raise too much concern
    Also, gotta love the 50's style... I might actually have access to some of the stores you shop in!

Reality Check
    Reading your post, it appears you didn't actually fix anything, you paid others to do the repairs while you watched or waited. That's fine if you have the money and don't want to or can't do these things yourself.

Me, I once removed the trap from under the bathroom sink to retrieve an earring while wearing only a bra and panties. To me that's fixing ordinary things while dressed. Actually, semi-dressed.