Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your CD situation?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar

What is your CD situation?

I'm almost 60. But due to great fortune, I have a body of a healthy 39 yo. 5'10" @ 143 lbs. I continuously crave being dressed as a woman. If I weren't married, I would be femme whenever I wasn't at work. It's all I really think about. I'm probably at 50/50 on the transition decision. I would love to do some body mods, ears pierced, breast implants, facial surgery, etc... but, in reality, I'm working 'til 70. It's financially prudent. At that age, I don't want to put my body or my wife through the trauma/drama. So for now, I'm totally femmed at home from 7-8pm till 6-7am everyday. But I gotta do the acceptable guy thing the rest of the time to keep the money flow going. I'm fortunate that I have the space and time to entertain my proclivity and don't do the hiding game any more.

So, what's your situation?

Shameless picture from this morning.
    6-20-15-02 post.JPG
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 06-20-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My CD situation? I have around 150, but I rarely by them anymore. I used to spend so much time in the record stores when I was younger!

Oh wait...not THAT kind of CD. My CD situation is completely confusing to me and frustrating. I think about being female basically every day and I want to take it as far as possible. I just started going to gender therapy as well with a therapist that deals almost exclusively with trans people.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

My situation is the same as yours, Carla. Change to femme clothes right after work/ church. Femme all day Saturdays and holidays. Pretty much at the TS end of the scale, but no body mods. Yet.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 06-20-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Accursed spell checker.

dang Carla, you look GOOD! I am somewhere between you and Cynthia. I retired 3 years ago and although i dont dress all the time when home, i dress a lot when ever the wife is at her volunteer job. (8-15 hrs week). I too would like to step up things with ear piercings. I don't go out, but that is part of the arrangement with the wife. She gives me the time, i don't go out. i can live with that.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am a rare bird around these parts....I decided to not get involved with a woman, unless I meet someone while I am en femme ...so I am free to come and go as I please, single and happy...and I mostly date other cd's and men at this time...( I have yet to meet Ms Right) My only problem is sometimes finding other gals to do things with, since I am one of the few single gals out there with no strings attached, who can bounce at the drop of a hat,and dont need anyones permission, its sometimes hard to find a partner in crime to go out with, the stars have to align for some gals, and some need the perfect storm in order to escape into girl world...so I have to plan in advance, thats really my only CD gripe with my situation....I also dont dress at work, but I am trying to make my part-time gig for a local transformation company full time...and then it's game over ! xoxo

Guess I'm also a rare bird of a different feather...

Currently having long droughts between the desire and need to dress (14 days since the last time - 125 days to the time before that! )

Like Adriana - but because of my closeted status - I have to plan outings way in advance which is good in some ways, but lacks spontaneity... However, I've come to the conclusion my need to express this side of me can be largely satisfied by a small amount of full-on transformation time. Even if I had the opportunity, I probably wouldn't spend more time doing this.... ..... OK... maybe just a bit more... and some International events too... perhaps a week or four in NY, Detroit and SF... and another four in Vegas... maybe Oz too...

Nice pic Carla - but I'd have a word with your builders if you're having to hold door frames in during the holidays...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    First, you look fabulous. Nice legs.

I've been retired for eight years. My wife still works as a teacher. She is not accepting. We have not had a discussion for decades. It's strictly DADT. I know she has no idea as to the extent of my wardrobe. I have the opportunity for Stephanie to come out and assert herself when school is on from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Mondays through Fridays. That does not mean I dress all the available time. I really miss the opportunity to dress during the summers. I would love to be able to wear a sundress in our backyard. I get teased in June and September by old sol. My wife says she intends to work until age 70, so I have about five to six years before.....???? I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. If she were to work part-time that means a full day but not everyday.

If I were no longer married, I hang my dresses in the closet. I'd take over the triple dresser and put my panties, bras, slips and hosiery in the drawers. I like being a guy also, so I would not go 24/7. I tried that when my wife went to the mid west to visit our daughter before she moved back. I enjoyed it for awhile, but, found it stifled my guy mode. Life can be very complicated.

Totally jealous of Adriana(but in a good way Adriana-you are awesome!). I am sadly closeted. Pretty much live day to day. Happily dress for a night out whenever I get the chance. Not nearly enough. Think about all of this way way way too much.

My CD situation is this...I'll be a healthy 68 years old tomorrow. I'm retired, and happily married for over 40 years. About 3 years ago, my wife surprised me by saying she was ok with me dressing as I please. Prior to that, she had been totally against me wearing anything and everything considered "ladies wear." She keeps going back and forth about whether she's ok with me presenting totally as a woman and going out in public. I can wear what I please, whenever I please inside our home, and have worn plain looking women's jeans and shorts, (with panties and bra underneath) outside our home. I have become totally comfortable wearing skirts and dresses around the house, and actually look forward to doing so. Currently I'm letting my hair grow out, and continue to develop some skill with makeup. I have strong male features, so I plan to get professional help very soon to see what my true potential is. I'm happy to do lots of typical male activities, dress like a male, be a caring and supporting husband, and lead a "live and let live" lifestyle. At this point, I find myself wanting to be dressed however I please outside our home, and am working towards reaching that goal.

Karen

Banned Read only
    I would guess I would be about 80/20, male to female. I go out dressed 1 to 3 times a month. I dress neck down at home a couple of times a week and at least one day on weekends. My wife has been out with me a couple of times and is quite supportive. Otherwise, she is a participant in that I could not get fully dressed without her. I have reduced flexibility in my shoulders and elbows that makes putting on a wig exceedingly difficult. Other than that, I underdress essentially all the time when I am not dressed, in a thong or shapewear. I sleep in feminine pajamas and sometimes with forms. I am not looking to transition as I have never (to this point) felt that I have a severe mismatch between my physical and emotional selves.

I am pretty comfortable in my male personna. I'm in a male-dominated profession, I've done home carpentry, plumbing and wiring and I am a BIG motorsports fan. It doesn't feel like I'm rushing to leave my male personna when I prepare to dress. It is a pull, more than a push. Unless something really interesting comes along, I'm thinking of retiring in about 6 months. The plan is to leave here (neither of us is from here) and move to the desert in California. No winters would be VERY helpful for both of us (arthritis for me, SCI for her). I suspect that I might go out dressed more frequently dressed after we leave here and probably be more involved in the LGBT community.

One other detail: I was 66 last December...

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 06-20-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Banned Read only
    my cd situation is this,me and my wife share a home with her brother and his wife and her sister and her hubby,on top of our son still lives at home. my brother n law used to be cool with my cd'n til he found religon,my sis n law and her hubby are cool with it along with our son. i wear nities 2-3 times a wk.,as for dressing i do it when my brother n law and his wife leave for a few hrs.,we are trying to save some money for a day cation so i can at least dress for 2 days and be cheryl the whole time. im going to be 50 in aug. and still look like i did in my 30's,i think of dressing more often these days which is driving my accepting wife crazy,but she knows transitioning is not for me even if we could afford to..

Aspiring Member
    My situation? I guess it would be called "solitary." I only dress a few times a week at home, even though I could do it every day. The problem is that I have no where to go and considering the hours it takes for me to get ready, it's not something to do to go to the store for milk and bread. And then there's my neighbors. Normally I wouldn't care if people see me, but I don't need everyone in my apartment complex gossiping about me. If I came and went all the time "en femme," it would be awkward for me.

And I would love to have some other CDers to hang out with locally, but I don't know any. I do know some of the drag queens who appear at a local club, but they really aren't interested in having me around... they live in their own little world.

So, as I said... solitary.

Sandie, Solitary here, too. Not a safe town for me going out in, especially with difficult family around.

Wife,
    3 daughters still living at home
    Working until I can afford not to
    Dressed whenever possible most afternoons and a few hours most weekends
    Walk the dog, do housework and shopping while in girl mode on most occasions
    Last 2 visits to the local pools/rec centre for a work out also in girl mode
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Mmmm, 4 inches taller, Almost 100 pounds heavier, and more than a few aches and pains in various places. I don't anticipate any major physical changes, primarily because of health considerations. My living situation somewhat resembles yours, with a reasonably supportive wife. I won't work till I'm 70, and hope to live something closer to full time.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sadly for me it's a DADT ,and my opportunities are limited. I guess it could've been worse.

Very closeted here unfortunately. I'm managing to dress perhaps once a week for a couple of hours and that's it.

And my first thought upon reading this tread was, come on, a black bra underneath a transparent red dress? Shame.
    My situation. Live alone, semiretired, stay dressed as a girl whenever I'm going to be staying indoors. I change whenever even answering the door. I'm not out, nor ever intend to be, as I don't need any more complications that might make my life more difficult.
    I have TS desires, but know where it's coming from, and why it's not real (don't bother to ask me about this here, read my bio and you'll then understand. Link in sig).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Carla,
    I have a few more years than you but I don't feel it especially when dressed but the openness to dress isn't happening so I'm fighting not to turn into a bad tempered old man !
    As for where my CDing is going , well I'm still waiting on the dear old NHS to start my gender counseling , I guess by then major changes aren't going to happen but it would be nice to know what label I should be wearing across my T-shirt !
    Like you I'm still not ready to throw away those neat little maid outfits, not until the legs don't look so good in heels and stockings !

Aspiring Member
    you look great. Nice legs I'm femm at home from 8PM to 10AM sometime on weekend all day I don't go out

Aspiring Member
    Oh goodness Carla, your legs are nice!

19, studies beginning next year. 5ft 5 inches / 34-24-28 with breast forms. I am known but almost never seen as a CDer in public and within a few close friends. Parents are very likely aware but still do not discuss said topic. I now have a few articles of clothing that are my own rather than unwanted garments from relatives that were collecting dust. I do not dress at work.

First happy birthday even if it has passed ...or is soon. I am 49 and age is what they say a number. I am a little heavier than I want and I creak more than I did before but who cares. I am healthy and happy to be me.

My situation? I dress maybe once or twice a week mostly in the bedroom and bathroom of my house. We have a big master bath and closet. So far the wife will allow clothes as much as I want but no wigs...we are working on that. She found out three years ago, freaked of course but we have settled in. She loves me...more than I can say for allot of people and we are worked on acceptance. More importantly this year is the first that I truly feel good about me...I have good money, nice house great kids and loving wife but it took a long time to get here...I hope we all get here one day

My CD situation, sold them when i moved MP3 dj'ing lol
    My amazing other half accepts my dressing and likes to see me dressed nicely (her fave is me dressed in a red silk blouse i have and faux leather skirt with stockings)
    Can't dress as much as i like, i know she accepts but i dont want to push it too much, plus family come round a lot unannounced. If they come round on wash day they would think the mrs gets through a lot of undies lol
    Wear nighties and slips a few times a week, looking to buy a wig and look at make up, i wear clear nail varnish on hands due to having to have lots of meetings for work with clients and venues) and like my toe nails bright red.

Single so I get to dress whenever I feel like it. Work takes most of the time so weekends are best for expressing my femme self in one form or another. I still under dress and wear skirts after work and at night and sleep in my nightgowns and panties. I just went out today presenting as my female self but not sure if enough time has passed since my last thread to post any pics.Got my ears pierced and loving it always wear hoops of different sizes and small ball when at work.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Well I've been a CD since before I can remember. Probably TG but I don't think I will ever transmission, I dd take hormones for a few months in my thirties, but stopped. I've been happily married for 30+ years and we are still very in love. My SO has known about my CD for 30+ years. But I still feel guilty about it, to an extent and remain in to closet to the world in general. My kids and I'm sure some close friends know. But I'm not out and other s , that I cherish, clearly do not know. I guess I like many here was brought up in more restricted times and will remain there. Good luck to those who break free, but I suspect I will remain closeted and content with my situation.