Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super stealth , easy access hiding places

Super stealth , easy access hiding places

My last tread has me wondering , what great hiding places other girls may have come up with for our "stuff". To be honest I could use a little advice about where I could keep a small amount of stuff out side of my home that I could gain easy access to when I travel.
    The best spot I have had in the past was I owned a large SUV and was able to pop off the interior panels and hide enough stuff in there to get the job done. In fact back in the day when I was able to go out dress quite often , that hiding spot is what made it possible I always had enough stuff with me to put together a couple of outfits , a. Couple choices of shoes. And a pocket book to hold all the make up , jewelry and press on nails I needed to complete the look. Sadly I don't own that vehicle any longer and that plan doesn't work with my current ride.
    What kind of creative hiding place advice to you girls have for me ? I need some real super 007 ideas.
    Thanks girls
    Lexi

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    xoxo ....has it been 3 months already?? This comes up from time to time....some pretty genius places occasionally....then the occasional " I dont have to hide my clothes cause I'm awesome" replies as well

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...highlight=hide

Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 06-20-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Luggage locker in a Greyhound/train station? Open 24/7 and cheap. Some risk of theft I guess, but I haven't researched it.

More Jason Bourne than 007, but then 007 wasn't a fugitive...
    I used to have a short attention spa

Best way is to be lucky and have an accepting wife although she worries that if we die at the same time the kids will wonder who wore the forms and the 13 n 14 size heels.

Laptop case.

Well I can tell you a hiding place that I wouldn't recommend. An attic over a garage in Florida during the summer. Unfortunately,that's where my stuff is,and it's been way too hot to get up there. I'm thinking maybe a small climate controlled storage unit would work if you had a place to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    Best way is to be lucky and have an accepting wife although she worries that if we die at the same time the kids will wonder who wore the forms and the 13 n 14 size heels.
    Don't worry, they won't wonder for long.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    I really cannot give you a recommendation other than to get a different more accommodating car. I had to chuckle about hiding your femme stuff in the SUV. I had visions of the customs officers doing a search for drugs in your SUV.....checking all the places you hid clothes, someone else will hide drugs. In Seattle there is a service for cross dressers for renting a locker for storage and an area for dressing. Maybe you should get together outfits and conceal them in a USPS Priority Mail box and throw it in the truck of the car.

Sometimes I think the best way to approach all this turmoil is to let a wife know and let the chips fall where they may. She may not like it. She may divorce you. She may just let you do your thing without letting people close to you know. My original stash was in the bottom draw of my amoire. Now it occupies eighteen Xerox boxes sitting in the storage area of our home. My wife is not supportive but never says a word. Perfect DADT. When I worked out of town for up to a week I got my ensembles together in one or two boxes. I cannot image going though hiding everything all the time. Sorry for you.

Aspiring Member
    I don't have to hide my stuff - just keep them in a special six foot storage cabinet in the back of the apartment. Maybe something like that with a false back on each shelf like magicians use?

Oh, and if you keep your things in a car in a climate like where I live, in the summer don't store your cosmetics there... they'll be soup on one of our 104 degree days.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You girls are crafty but why not hide them in plain sight?
    The large locked compartment in a Snap On tool chest? If you kept the boxes off a set of custom wheels there would be a good place.
    Any auto parts related boxes or any boxes tool related there is a good chance your wife isn't going to look there.
    I live alone so my girl stuff is in closets/ drawers and all my make up is in my pink caboodle in the bathroom closet with my rollers,make up mirror and hair dryer.
    On a funny note a friend asked to use my bathroom and my hot rollers were out on the counter.
    He did his business and came out and said hey I didn't know you had a girlfriend living with you.
    I said I don't the hot rollers are mine. He said oh OK.

I suppose I am fortunate, I don't have to hide anything.

My wife has seen it all or most all of it, so its just more clothes, makeup and heels in the house.

She will sometimes ask me if I am ever going to ever buy any more men's clothes................I just look at her but never give a direct answer

Like Traci G, I am sure our guests have went into the bathroom and wondered "what the hell is all this stuff" on both vanities.

Oh well, this what happens when you are out to your SO........

Eventually hiding will only lead to getting caught, I understand the necessity to "hide" but it is only a temporary solution

A huge weight will leave your shoulders when you are out and open to your SO

Aspiring Member
    As of now, three cardboard boxes from buying paper in bulk, 3 pairs of heels in their respective worn out boxes, and make-up hidden in an unused cash box - all of which are under my bed in a storage space.

I have a large box that my CRT display came in that I use as a side table in my office. I hide some clothes in there.

But, my best hiding place is a storage locker. Mine is indoors, so it never gets really hot or cold. For a few more bucks, I could have gotten a climate controlled one.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Not 007 esque, though I feel my spots have been pretty useful.
    1st spot that worked really well was having a bag with my female clothes under the male clothes in my hamper(Decoy clothes! I did laundry don't worry!)
    2nd spot for a bit was the trunk of my car. 1994 Honda, so the trunk only opens with my key. My only worry was the clothes would fall out if the bag when I was driving like the 19 y/o I am in a Honda :P
    Now my current spot is literally in plain site. It hides behind my desk and bookshelf. Its out of sight when you walk into my room, but any farther and you can see the bag. No one has asked anything about it, so that's good. (Plus, I've come to the conclusion, if someone goes in to my room with suspicions about the bag and they find it, congrats they have found what they were looking for.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    On a funny note a friend asked to use my bathroom and my hot rollers were out on the counter.
    He did his business and came out and said hey I didn't know you had a girlfriend living with you.
    I said I don't the hot rollers are mine. He said oh OK.
    This absolutely rocks!!!

As for the hiding thing, sorry...I just cannot fathom having to go there. Perhaps easier said than done but just open up to the SO's already and the problem is solved.

Now if it isn't about a SO but instead, about the parental units...I can empathize. Remember the old Atari 5200? That box was my hiding place. One dress, bra, hosiery, heels...pathetic, huh???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Boy am I glad I don't have that problem. My beautiful wife said to me that she totally supports my dressing, the only restriction is that I cannnot "come out like Caitlyn Jenner."

That said, keeping women's clothing, especially sexy women's clothing, hidden in your car is risky. If a cop ever sees that stuff then you have a choice of either admitting you are a closeted crossdresser or being suspected of pimping. If you have to have the clothes in your car, the best place is a duffel bag in the trunk labeled "emergency supplies" and put the first aid kit, solar blanket, road flares and bottled water on top of them, and the jumper cables way on top, and pray that your car does not break down when your wife is driving it, and she asks another guy for help.

Better to keep them in the bottom of a large toolbox in the garage. Or, buy an old tower case computer, clean the guts out, connect it to your current home office setup via a dummy ethernet cable and plug it in with a fake power cord. If your wife asks, it is a secure personal storage device .

But I really think you should just come out to your wife, like I did.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I were to get into another relationship I wouldn't hide any of my girl stuff I would just say hey thats the way I am take me or leave me.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCarly View Post
    That said, keeping women's clothing, especially sexy women's clothing, hidden in your car is risky. If a cop ever sees that stuff then you have a choice of either admitting you are a closeted crossdresser or being suspected of pimping.
    Yeah, the last time a cop searched my car I had this problem...

Or not.

I seriously doubt that police officers would equate such clothing to something like pimping and even so, where is the proof? Admitting one is a CD/TG? Who cares? The world wouldn't explode in such circumstances but regardless, this entire notion fosters unnecessary paranoia.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Used to keep a bra and slip, plus a few other bits and bobs, in my spare tool bag, back when I was in the navy. No one ever found them.
    Last edited by Jane G; 06-21-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Like others have suggested I kept my stuff in a large toolbox with a lock on it. And now my stuff is every where. Clothes do need to get cleaned, make got mixed up so it was better to just keep it all together. And now the toolbox only holds forms.
    do not label me for i am unique

My wife take care of my feminine cloths and I do not wear wig since she is the only one person to see my beauty when we are alone.
    I can not imagine wearing such cloths and going out.

When I was about 8-9 years old I found a bra in the street (must have had quite a backstory but I never found it out). The band fit me perfectly! I figured it was a gift from God. But where to hide it?

Nowhere in the house was safe so I climbed my favorite tree and fastened it around one of the larger branches. It was totally hidden by leaves and whenever I wanted it I could climb my tree and retrieve it.

But, like you, Lexi, at the time we were living in New England, and as Fall arrived and the leaves fell my poor bra became a lonely, and very visible, flag on the tree.

Later I hid my meagre stuff inside the speaker cabinet of my stereo. Kept a screwdriver handly in my room and I would disassemble the back of the speaker cabinet to retrieve my stash.

But you want to keep it outside of the house (without climbing trees or worrying about leaves falling). So a self-storage locker, a friend's house, a crossdresser "safe space" locker, some already recommended, are good places.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If you have to hide your stuff for whatever reason you may have, the plain sight thing is good advice. Before my "reveal," I hid my stuff in my bowling bag, a briefcase that sat next to my desk that I just never used (for some reason!) and a small carry on suitcase that was sitting on the top of my wardrobe. Aside from my wife finding the stuff in my bowling bag, after she went looking for something unrelated, the briefcase and suitcase never failed. Now everything is just in my wardrobe with everything else.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    The best hiding place that I ever had was a locked metal filing cabinet. If you have a study or home office, a filing cabinet fits right in. You can keep documents in the suspension folders, but there will still be plenty of room at the bottom of each draw and behind the folders, to keep shoes, dresses and accessories in. You can even open the draws halfway and all you can see is the suspension folders on the rails, not what's behind and below them. And it's got a valid reason to be locked and off bounds, if you keep your business documents or financials in there, that's no one else's business.

I haven't hidden my clothes ever. I just hang them in the closet and put small items in drawers. I'm glad I don't have to worry about this issue. Good luck to those of you who do.