Thread: I feel like I have lost my best friend

I feel like I have lost my best friend

Its official my friend Katy has taken a job at a bar down the street. She had told me about it and forbid me form saying anything. I had wanted to talk to Misty but Katy told me not to. Monday, Misty was talking to a customer and said that one of her bartenders had just quit. I told Misty I knew who it was, Katy, that I was very sad, I feel I have lost my best friend and that I had wanted to do something but Katy told me to stay out of it. I have talked to many people including Katy about this other bar, it would not be safe for me to go there. It is a different crowd it wouldn’t even be much safer for me to go there in guy mode. This all went down on Sunday, Katy quit via text, at this point I was thinking that I should stop going to the bar and give up dressing. At work we are shorthanded as people are out on vacation. I have two birthday parties at the bar, both nights are karaoke nights, I must attend first one Wednesday for JoJo one of my girlfriends there and the other Thursday for Mary our secretary at work who will be seeing me dressed for the first time and is bring her family with her. So I have had no time to think about this. As it turned out it was a good thing. I stayed at a motel next door and commuted to work. Yes I was hung over but it was worth it. Wednesday sitting with JoJo and Nancy both can sing, we had so much fun. I learned they both like to fish, so we are going to go fishing together. Thursday I show up late, for me this is normal, I was trying to get off early but it was one thing after another all day at work. I walk in look around , the bar is pretty full, I see my friend Dave, order a drink, standing next to Dave I turn around and there is Mary and her sister Rose singing. I smile and wave hi to Mary. One of the girls I know is friends with Rose, she found out that they were going to be there and saved two tables. I love this girl, she told me I’m her BFF that night. We song a duet, I think it was a Sonny and Cher song. She said we should get together for coffee. There is so much more that goes on that is too personal to post. I have made real friends and they know and accept me as Jean. In the wake of Katy leaving, I really needed this time with my friends.
    Love Jean

Every body needs a BFF. Sometimes things work for the best if we let it.