Thread: Everyone at work knows now....anyone else?

Everyone at work knows now....anyone else?

I was getting my nails done (1/2 inch arcrylic tips with french manicure) at a salon. The salon was quite a ways from my home town and someone from work saw me and she told everyone at work about me getting my nails done. I'm was getting a lot remarks so I just started wearimg my nails to work. Most of the women are cool with it but I still get comments from the guys but I just don't care anymore. One girl even bought me a pack of Virginia Slims 120's (as a joke) but I love going on smoke breaks with the girls at work with my french manicure and smoking 120's....so girly and fun....Has any one else been outed at work?

Sounds like you're in a good position to just go on owning it. I've worn long French acrylics 24/7 for many years now and it's not even a subject of conversation anymore. VS120s are my brand as well. Once they get used to it, you might even consider adding colored polish. I don't wear it at work, but my nails are usually red on the weekends.

- Diane

I am not directly out at work other than a couple of noted exceptions who know the actual truth behind the answer to what I'm doing for the weekend. "I'm going to dress in drag and bother thespians!"

I figure that when they eventually work out that I'm neither flamboyant nor quality enough for actual drag and just who I am in a dress or skirt I will remind them I've been telling them for years the truth of the matter they just overlooked it as jokes!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Banned Read only
    I was self employed photographer so my boss was also a CDer, and the guy who ran the darkroom, and the one who made the picture frames ! Would you believe I've always had an identity problem ! I nearly forgot the attractive lady who use to take over in the darkroom, boy did she turn up in some outfits !!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I accidentally outed myself to a work colleague by sending an SMS picture to her instead of my wife... That's the risk you take trying to conduct two text concersations at once. Was the catalyst for formally advising my employer
    Call me Donna, please

Hi Sally,

I think this is really cool. I'm out to several GG's at work (I don't dress at work) and they have been OK with it. From the smiles I sometimes get from others I think the word is out .. but I've had no negative reactions. This week I was talking to one of them in the hall and she asked me what size I was, as she had some old tops she wanted to get rid of.

So enjoy your smoke breaks! (altho I don't approve, the last pack of cigs I bought -- over 30 years ago .. were Virginia Slims... )

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Not quite in that manner. It seems you have overcome the problem and now enjoy new freedom.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Red nail polish in male-mode is such a blast! I've had several women tell me how much they like that color on me. I agree. It makes my hands look great, regardless of mode.

Banned Read only
    The person who saw you having your nails done, the woman who told everyone at work, have you managed to talk to her yet?

Personally, I'd be really annoyed at her, for gossiping about me to everyone I worked with behind my back. I'd want to ask her one question - why couldn't she come and have a chat with me.

Has she? Had a chat with you that is? Have you had a chat with her?

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sally,

It sounds like your co-workers are relatively cool with your nails and I am guessing that the "cat is out of the bag" . Although my work colleagues all know about me, it was of my own choosing not accidently.

Hugs

Isha