Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth sharing?

Is it worth sharing?

Sometimes something amazing happens and of corse you can't wait to tell someone the amazing news, most of the time that's your best friend. Yesterday I came home from an amazing day out and couldn't wait to start writing here, to what I consider my best friends, and then I started reading other post about others out shopping with friends or a Vegas story and then I wonder if I should even write about my day, it's nothing compared to what others are doing, and maybe think that others are saying "what's so amazing about that". I know everybody here has there own level and are all taking little steps and every little step is big. A few weeks back I wrote a post about a drive I took with my wife for the first time fully dressed, make-up wig and all. Well she had to go back there and asked me if I would go with her again and in return for the favour I could dress for the ride. Usally if I do any kind of driving and dressing I take the car because it has tinted windows and even if someone does see they can't really get a clear description, for some reason without thinking we took the SUV and when I started getting ready while driving I turned to my wife and told her the mastake we made. She told me not to worry the whole worlds not looking at me but it was a situation I was not used to. Once all dressed and the traffic started getting heavy and we were stop and go for a while cars and trucks on both sides and I was sitting there almost feeling like I was naked in front of the whole world. I told my wife I wasn't comfortable that maybe we might see someone we know and there sure to know our car and know it's me and maybe I should get changed. My wife told me to relax and not make any eye contact with anyone and just to enjoy myself. My wife tried to get me to relax, at one point a truck was beside us and my wife told me that the driver was checking out my legs and then my wife reached over and lifted my skirt higher and she told me I think he's enjoying the view, for the rest of the ride she was preoccupiing me with getting next to trucks and seeing if they check me out. When we got there I didn't get changed she had to make an exchange and I waited in the car for her. I was almost thinking of getting undressed for the ride home but my wife insisted that I should treasure the time I have and not to worry. After getting home as much as I was nervous, it was very exciting and I couldn't wait to write about it and then started wondering what was so amazing, I never got out of the car, I didn't meet anyone for a drink or do any shopping dressed maybe it's not worth sharing compared to others here, but to me it was an amazing day. Thanks for listening and what do you think was it worth sharing?

Maria I understand how you feel but the point to learn here is that it's not a competition, we all have different personalities, some more courageous than others, some have different goals, not everyone wants to be out to the world.

The important part is for sharing your stories and helping others to share experiences, what may have been a small step for one may have been a big step for you! Please continue to post all that you get up to, thanks for sharing

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for sharing! I would definitely keep sharing things that are important to you - even the "small things". You never know what will build up and encourage another person. We are a very diverse community and this group is the most positive thing in a lot of people's lives on here. It's the seemingly everyday and mundane things that make a difference over time. I know this encouraged me this morning. I'm leaving the house for the first time and am trying to do it without having a drink or taking a tranquilizer! Keep sharing

Chris

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes I feel like posting a photo or something
    that was that was really fun or exciting and then I read what others are doing
    and my excitement seems so bland
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

While you may feel that your experiences don't compare to others I say...don't compare yourself to others, just live YOUR life.

Your wife sounds so wonderful. She's helping you experience these things and while some of it may make you "feel naked" in front of the world, we all felt that way when we took that first walk, made that first drive, and especially when we got out of the car and entered that first store no longer shielded by the safety of the escape vehicle.
    Let the truckers enjoy the show if they will. Don't be afraid to look at others and make eye contact. The whole world doesn't get an email that tells them "Maria 60 is out of the house". They are going about their business and not paying that much attention to you.
    My first time out shopping I swore all eyes were on me. Then I sat on the side and surreptitiously watched THEM. They were ignoring me ! I began to see that they were so wrapped up in their business they hardly noticed I was there. After that it became so much easier.

Venture out and enjoy the freedom that your lovely wife has offered. Relax ... look around ... you'll see it's not all about you and that will set you free !
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thank you for sharing, you have an amazing wife. We have all been there, that is scared to death, the whole world is watching. I use to stop short so I would not be alongside the car next to me. You’re not going to get from where you are to feeling at ease in a crowd overnight. We are here to share your journey. I should feel free to post your thoughts here as that is what this site is all about.
    Love Jean

I enjoy reading your posts - thanks for sharing them with us

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I never got out of the car, I didn't meet anyone for a drink or do any shopping dressed maybe it's not worth sharing compared to others here, but to me it was an amazing day. Thanks for listening and what do you think was it worth sharing?
    Of course it was an amazing day! The excitement of skating on the thin ice alone was worth the price of admission. And, you reminded me of a devilish activity I haven't done in a while. Messing with truckers. You should see them try to catch up when I'm sportin' 38L's in a tight top and a miniskirt. And, I rarely read a bad story here. I noticed that you've contributed over 1200 posts. That's what this place is all about. And as far as the Vegas stories go, I live in Las Vegas. And the thought of going out to socialize fully dressed kinda' freaks me out a little. And my wife would have none of that. I'm so glad you posted this thread. The part about your Wife hiking your skirt up for the trucker, priceless!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Yesterday I came home from an amazing day out and couldn't wait to start writing here, to what I consider my best friends, and then I started reading other post about others out shopping with friends or a Vegas story and then I wonder if I should even write about my day, it's nothing compared to what others are doing, and maybe think that others are saying "what's so amazing about that".
    It doesn't matter if others think it's big or not. Each of us walk our own path and when we take a bigger step on that path, whether others think it is a big deal or not, or worth sharing or not, shouldn't keep you from sharing your new experience. remember, there are sisters that are coming up the path behind you, if your little step leads them to that little step because they say "hey, I could do that" then it's worth posting about. even if not, if it's a big step for you, why not share it?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I have felt like you do at times. Does anyone much read or care about what we write here when it just doesn't seem as exciting as what others have done. Yet I too have gone ahead and written out what was going on with me because it feels good to just put it out there. While I don't get very many replies it doesn't matter all that much because I got it out there and that's what mattered to me.

What you had to say was worth sharing. It is obvious that it meant a lot to you to have that experience and it does bring, at least some of us, joy to hear and share you joy, and passion for your eventful time.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Was your story worth sharing? You don't need to ask that question, because the rest of us can read it or not read it, as we choose.
    But yes, it was worth sharing. And the best part of your story (to this interested reader, anyway) was what your wife said and did. She sounds like a total delight. Maria 60, and whoever is the male side to Maria 60, is lucky to have her. Have fun, and let the truck drivers eat their hearts out!

You Go Gurl! And DITO what Joanne had to Say!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

All I can tell you is that I enjoyed your story Maria, and thank you for sharing it with us. My wife is somewhat supportive, but doesn't want me to go out in public. I would be gobsmacked with both apprehension and delight if she would actually go for a drive with me, let alone play with the hem of my skirt as we were doing so. It's not a competition...share what you wish to share for the enjoyment of both yourself and the rest of us.

Karen

Maria, things like this are always worth sharing. No matter how insignificant it may seem. Someone else out there could use the experience you shared as motivation for if they want to go out as well. Congratulations on on your outing and for having a wonderful and supportive SO. I hope to hear more about your adventures in the future.

Of course it's worth sharing!

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Aspiring Member
    Maria, great story. And it got me to thinking. When you said truck drivers were checking out your legs, it seemed to be an affirmation that when most people see us in public (if we are well dressed) they start off with the assumption that we're regular girls (excuse me... women) and if we don't do something too far afield, they will continue to assume such. I feel that sometimes we project onto others our own insecurities when, in actuality, they are assuming we are feminine in all respects.

In other words, those other drivers probably never gave a thought to anything other than they got to ogle the legs of a good looking woman.

It looks like you had an exciting day (oh, and it sounds like your SO got some sensual kicks out of seeing you admired by other men - so you both had a terrific day - lol)

I agree, of course It's worth sharing.

It may feel like it is nothing compared to some of the Girls on here who go out all the time and do things that a lot of us couldn't dream of getting the chance even to do, but to you it is a big step on your journey of life. Good for you, I liked your story and look forwards to hearing about your next adventure.

Michelle

Gone to live my life
    Hi Maria,

As others have said . . . it is not a competition and we all do what we need to do to feel good. Every step toward understanding and growth is a good day and worthy of reporting. It doesn't matter if it is flying the friendly skies to a distant city for a crazy weekend en femme or merely stepping out the door walking the mail box and going back in side. What you achieved by going out was getting more comfortable with yourself and sharing that with your lovely wife . . . CONGRATS and I for one thoroughly enjoyed reading about it.

Hugs

Isha

I am glad you wrote this Maria, I love that your wife was their to encourage and support you, you lucky gal. Also love that she has fun the little skirt lift is hysterical, What a fun trip!

Maria,
    It was a great post. I documented everything on here as my world got bigger and bigger. Don't worry, we aren't here to judge but share! I can't wait to here about when you get out of that SUV !
    Suzanne

hi maria,
    we all have our wins and loses, if my wife had let me drive around in the car while she did a return....BIG win, its a marathon, some do it in less time....but they cheer you on when you cross the finish line....

thanks for sharing....remember to take cleansing breaths next time.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I agree with the others. It's your story and it is worth sharing. It's always great to hear about supportive wives. Yours sounds very smart and caring. But even if someone's story sounds bland compared to some of the other stories around here, like others said, it's not a competition. The stories about small steps might actually encourage some people more, by showing them that one can take little steps and have a lot of fun.

Silver Member
    Maria

YES! That is a fantastic story. You need to express yourself and work through your concerns. And this is a fine place to do that. Your wife sounds wonderful. You are lucky to have someone that encourages you. I Feely lucky my self even though I would describe my wife's attitude as grudgingly tolerant. I would love to have my wife participate and suggest as yours.

Also it sounds like she has a good confidence in the situation and she is probably right. Enjoy.

I enjoyed your post! I felt like I was riding along with you and your wife. So fun!

Others have aready said it -- this is not a competition, it is a place to learn from others and to celebrate our own lives.

You and your wife had a fun day and I'm very glad you invited us along.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Maria,

Sharing is a way of letting someone else know your little victory means so much to you. Whether it is just wearing panties all day at work. No one would ever know that you were wearing panties unless they looked under the bathroom stall door. But to you that would be a gigantic leap others may just shrug it off as no big deal... I think it is awesome your wife supports you and is willing to encourage you to do more. My wife said the same thing to me. "The whole worlds not looking..." And to relax. Just remember that when your wearing a white bra with a white shirt then being caught in the rain... ��

It is wonderful you have support at home. It is wonderful you have support here. And I for one believe it was worth sharing. I hope to read more.

@--}----
    Michelle