Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth sharing?

All stories are worth something, and if it meant something to you, then it is worth sharing. Your story actually reminded me of a recent outing, I was driving a few hours from home so I took the opportunity to wear a nice summer skirt as the weather permitted. Certainly I passed trucks a bit quicker then normal, (within safe reason!) to draw less attention, then got stuck in a major traffic jam! Forget about truckers... A full bus got stuck next to me for quite a few minutes! Not much to be done about that... Oh well, gave someone something to talk about.

Is it worth sharing? Depends. Some people feel the need to tell others about their lives, a need to be accepted for who they are. I don't have that need any longer. It was destroyed after I let my wife, then my mom, then my sister in on the fact that I was a crossdresser. The horrific responses I got told me all I needed to know about how much of the world will see me should I continue to do so. But if you need to unburden yourself about what you're feeling, an anonymous forum is the best place to do it. And heeeeeerrrrrre, we are.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'll join the crowd here and say "Please share your stories." The forum gives us an opportunity that is like opening a window and letting some fresh air in to a room that's been closed up for too long. When we talk about our little victories or setbacks, we put those things in a larger context and we can try to understand and accept what has happened. We get feedback in the form of support or advice or even a challenge that just might make our experiences a little more meaningful.

And no, it's not a competition. Really, who could beat my story of wearing a wedding dress when I arrived in a horse-drawn carriage to a White House ceremony after getting back from 3 months en femme on the International Space Station testing the effects of zero G on makeup, body shapers and wigs?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Maria, I loved your story, as a closet dresser I felt you nervousness, I always feel so exposed when I have gone out for that drive, in a dress.
    But even as my wife supports my dressing, I just could not imagine her going for a drive with me, and if she did, she would be pulling that skirt down, not up,lol. It sounds like a fun day, with a very lovely and loving woman, I hope you get to do t again and again.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi Maria,
    I think that what makes a story sharing is the effect that it has on you! You may think that 'objectively' your adventure was small compared to some of the other adventures that folks on here have shared. But, for you, it was a 'big thing' and THAT makes it worth sharing. And we can all relate to your story because we all have similar stories. So keep sharing!

Banned Read only
    I thank you for sharing. Your story has elements that concern many of us. You had second thoughts of appearing in public with the possibility of consequences many of us would also dread. But, nothing happened. The best part of the story was the playfulness of your wife. I loved it. Seeking out truckers and hiking your dress up, so a trucker could see some leg. Of course, she knew a trucker looking down from his perch would only see leg and not head. It sure sounded as if your wife shows a little leg too. I am envious. I sure the heck wish I had a wife who appears to be so playful.

Again, thanks. Reading your post was a lot better than reading the morning paper while sipping my hot cup of coffee.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Of course your story is worth sharing.
    Your wife has a great sense of humor sounds like. Lifting your skirt up for the truck driver thats pretty awesome.
    You should try to go with the flow more often and not be so scared it makes life more interesting and fun.
    You mentioned your fear of what if someone I know sees me dressed?
    Think of it this way how often when you are out in male mode do you actually see someone you know that you wouldn't want to see you dressed?
    Chances are none or very few at best.

Maria60, I am a truck driver and we can't normally see much above the neck if you are driving and you are on the trucks left side. If you are on the right of the truck we really can't see anything in the car. If you are in the passenger seat of the car and on my left I can see the top half, but not leg.
    I under dress but no one can tell even if they are in a truck beside me. A lot of GG and Girls have given show of legs and unless you have very dark, thick hair we can't tell the difference. Most vehicles are going by to fast for us to tell.
    So, enjoy knowing we enjoy watching 😄 you would probably laugh at what you would find dome truck drivers are wearing.

If it's a big deal for you then you should sharing with us Maria. Your stories are no less important then others hun.post-on girl.
    Angie

OMG!Are you kidding me? Your story is like a movie of the week! Loving spouse... tense situations... ogling truck drivers... how can that story not be worth sharing?

Everyone's story is worth telling; worth hearing -- each step that each of us takes advances us all. Keep sharing.

Careful I bite <3
    Maria, we're all here to read about these "little adventures" and to share them so that we all get stronger. Some will resonate more with some people and others with other people, but that doesn't mean because other people have more "adventurous stories" that your's are worthless. Please keep them coming!

I normally prefer to share the ones that mean more to me than to focus on how it compares even in the slightest. I'm a very private person though so my threshold for how excited I feel to share it is pretty big, and even then mine are bland compared to many of the stories that come up here. My most adventurous one was a period of time where I was unemployed etc and essentially spent a month wearing no male clothes. I posted it somewhere on here but I can't seem to find it anymore. That was one that actually compares, the rest I have don't, and even that one I didn't get around to posting the whole story since I got VERY busy soon after that period.