Thread: How was your Fathers Day?

How was your Fathers Day?

My Fathers Day has been so much fun. I spent the morning touring play grounds at parks with my daughter. She will be 6 next month. Went to Walmart again, and Walgreens. I even walked across the street, and talked to my neighbor who was watering his lawn. Everybody is so nice to me. I had 2 older lady's stop and talk to us about how impressed they were with "the lady in heels", and how graceful I walked. We walked about 3 miles this morning. My first time out of the house in these heels. I had one lady stop and tell me where I might find more shoes in my size.

I found if you relax and just let your body flow when you walk, It looks quite feminine. And with the flow of the skirt on my legs, it is a very lovely feeling. What a great morning.

Coming out has not effected my relationship with my neighbors, or coworkers. We were invited to my next door neighbors wedding yesterday. I went in classy drab. We had a great time. I told her I loved the brides maid dresses, and she told me all about them. How they would fit anybody. (She knew I was thinking about one for me.) Our little inside thing now. My neighbor across the street brought me over a brand new table saw last night. He bought it for me as a way to say "Thank You" for keeping him in firewood all winter. At work I had a large project I was not sure if I could get it done. 4 people from other department showed up to help me, without me even asking for help. They said they knew I was in over my head, and to call them anytime I need help.

Life is good. I hope everybody is having a Great Fathers Day. Here are some pictures from this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Maxi,
    I guess I spent most of fathers day dressed so you could say it was mothers day to me ! Perhaps it was crossdressing day ! I've never seen a card in the shops with Happy Crossdressing Day ! but I did see some online a while ago !

I had a great day did yard work in a pair of Columbia Capri's and a VS tank top got some nice sun.

Erika

Sounds great, Maxi! I'm sure all of those good interactions are due, at least in part, to you as a good person.

Gold Member
    Had to work Bingo at the Legion post. When I got home, I went to open the Saturday Mail;
    I open an envelope and to my surprise a $ 500 check fell out. What is this???
    I read the enclosed letter to find out I won 6 TH prize in the VFW yearly raffle. What do you
    know, 6 TH Prize...i always "Donate" never win anything... But Now.... Life is good.
    Monday I will put it in the bank, and come home and surf the Lane Bryant Catalog site.
    I feel something new coming my way in a few days.....Yes it was a great Fathers Day.
    Rader

It was great! Came off of a week off at the beach and woke up to my little boy giving me a homemade Father's Day card!

Had a quiet day with my son splashing in the pool followed by a great dinner with my family.

After getting my wife's input, I treated myself to a first for me, I ordered a dress for MYSELF, for FATHER'S Day! I would have never in a million years expected to be where I am right now. I'm very lucky to have such an understanding wife. Great day.

Mimi and I had a good time. We went to the Father's Day Concours D'Elegance Car Show on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills with Persephone and her spouse. It was very crowded, but we saw a lot of unique and expensive cars ranging from '20s classics to modern supercars. Here we are with a Packard Dual Cowl owned by a friend:

E&B with Packard.JPG

And Persephone with a Supercharged Studebaker Avanti:

B with Avanti.JPG

Afterward, we had a late lunch at The Stinking Rose, a Beverly Hills restaurant that specializes in dishes made with lots of garlic. I had the 40-clove roasted chicken and Mimi had the lasagna.

http://thestinkingrose.com/about-la.htm

After dinner we wandered through the restaurant which is decorated with reproductions of famous paintings, each rendered with the addition of garlic. One huge painting stretched around an entire dining room was a rendition of the Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting showing a deity giving Man a few cloves of garlic!

We also discovered a small dining room called "Dracula's Grotto," decorated in a Transylvanian theme, with cobwebs, old lab equpment, crucifixes made of garlic, and other interesting props. We paused for a few photos:

E&B Dracula's Grotto.JPG

B&M Dracula's Grotto.JPG

Dracula's Grotto painting.JPG

Afterwards we came home and were greeted by my older daughter. She gave me a very nice Father's Day card where she had written inside:

"Thank you for all the love and support, and shopping trips and car advice and letting me borrow your nail polish and for being a great amazing inspiring Dad."

In other words, I had a wonderful Father's Day!
    Last edited by Eryn; 06-21-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    Best ever! I think my kids (adults at home) are thinking I'm becoming their grandmother (my mom), snd i think so too both physically and psychology . I won't go into the details...way to personal and long winded...but not a bad thing on a deep level, she IS a saint...and a woman.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like many of you had a very special day. Ours was pretty quiet, but I spoke with my sons and grand kids. That's all that mattered.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    my son is taking me and mom out tomorrow,he's a trucker and was disappointed he couldnt take me out todsy,besides i was busy today..

It was great, all with family celebrating our day, 2 grandfathers (me and my Ex's husband) and my son for his second time.

That's fantastic. It must be a liberating feeling to coming out to the world like that! You are wonderful and courageous.

Banned Read only
    I didn't see my kids. It's fine - I'm really not what they want or need anyway anymore. That's OK. One of them had called me on mother's day, which I appreciated. I had lunch with him yesterday, although I asked, and he told me he really missed our relationship. We don't have too much in common anymore. My other son, I haven't heard from him in a few months. I'm simply not the person they want. That person is gone. I know they are hurt and grieving over this. It's been a couple of years now, though, and it has actually gotten worse with time, so I'm not looking for these feelings to resolve themselves quickly. It's possible they'll eventually decide "enough" and simply be done with me and move on. Which will hurt, but mainly, as long as they aren't hurting so much anymore, that would be better.

So I spent the day at a volunteer appreciation event where I was nominated for an award. I didn't win (the winner deserved it far more than I did), but it was an honor to be nominated for the award. I did go with my only remaining close friend from my past life. It was nice seeing her.

Neither one of my kids has any use for a trans rights activist trans woman as a parent. I can't say I blame them, really. It's a pretty useless thing to be, unless you happen to be trans yourself. Neither of them are, so, yep, compared to the old me, who talked movies and comics and video games with them, and who'd have grilled steaks on Father's day, I am not of much use. I don't play video games anymore. I never read comics. And I haven't seen a current movie in over a year. They don't really want to hear much about what I'm doing now in my life anyway. It's not very comfortable for them to think about.

I don't like that this day probably didn't feel very good to either of them.

Don't get me wrong - I really did not want to celebrate father's day. It feels pretty unnatural to me that I have been a father. I just wish the relationship with my kids was better than it is. I am losing them. After two years of trying and hoping things get better with them, it's becoming apparent to me that this may well be as good as it's going to get, and in fact, they may simply choose to not have too much to do with me, because it will be easier on them emotionally.

Of course that's the same conclusion I reached with my own father. I hadn't spoken to him for 10 years before he died. So I guess what goes around, comes around.

Banned Read only
    My son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter, daughter and her husband, and, his mother (in town from Chicago), my wife's mother and one of my wife's brothers, my wife and I all engaged in overeating (BBQ). Afterwards my son, granddaughter and I went to see a 40th anniversary showing of Jaws.

Mine was mostly good. Went out with my mother and my kids for lunch and then watched my youngest play drums in her drum recital. (I'll have "Tequila" stuck in my head for the rest of this week, thank you very much...)

It didn't start out very promising... as I pulled out of my garage, my car accidentally caught on an old garage door motor my landlord was supposed to have removed. It dragged it and bent the steel railing the garage door runs on and broke off the electric eye sensor.

So I got out of the car in my pretty sundress and white sandals and proceeded to kick the crap out of the metal railing until it had straightened enough for me to close the door, all the while turning the air blue with some choice words. After about 20 seconds of this, I realized my neighbour was in his car and watching me.

Anyway, I managed to force the door closed and I did manage to fix it properly yesterday evening when I had more time and used proper tools.

Had an awesome Fathers Day! My teenage son mowed the grass for me and then I spent a few hours dressed at a coffee shop and shopping. I came home to a wonderful FD dinner. Overall, a very relaxing day!

Had brunch with my SO and daughter and then my SO took me shoe shopping at DSW and she bought me a new pair of heels

My kids stopped by individually for surprise visits (I was grading and cutting grass). Brunch earlier in the day with my spouse and bargain hunting at Kohls with my spouse to end the day.

Unfortunately I was thinking of the irony that on My holiday, I stayed dressed in drab for my daughters to come over. They both know I dress, but for "Fathers" day, I wanted to present as their father in drab. Ho Hum....