Thread: It's Not Just the Clothes

Reality Check

It's Not Just the Clothes

Yesterday, my wife and I did some clothes shopping. We also had some clothes that we had bought while we were away and I hadn't had a chance to try them on yet.

So, once we got home I suggested that we try on our new clothes. For my wife, that was just a matter of taking off what she was wearing and putting on each new item to see if it fit. For me, I had to put on my bra and forms and my Veronica 5 (padded panty). I didn't put on my wig because it would be in the way of changing blouses.

She had several blouses to try on and I had skirts and blouses. After the "fashion show", she changed into her house dress and I changed into mine but left the boobs and butt on.

After dinner, I was sitting in the recliner with my legs spread apart when she came in from the kitchen, gave me a look and said "That's not very ladylike!" She was right.

The point of my story is, strapping on a pair of boobs and an artificial butt does not make one a woman. There's a lot of stuff to be unlearned and relearned. Ladies do not expose their crotch.

Got a giggle out of your story. You are right though we slip on a dress and wig do our makeup and get into our panties and heels and pretend. That's about as far as I take it at least. I'll never get the grace and charm of the woman I'd love to be. Could be I love the man I am but just love the thought of being a gal to see what it really feels like. At my old age I gave up on sitting prim and proper and just relax in the feelings of the dress and all the extras pretending.

I don't use padded bra. I wear other bra inside and pull it apart and fix a paper clips on either ends.
    Then slowly push both boobs inside, away from clips and develop breast to maximum possible extent. It looks real boobs.
    I wear other bra on top of it and give the shape making it little wet with fresh water.
    When this get settled I partially expose one of the boobs and apply body cream,
    then repeat the same process for other boob and leave the cream on boobs overnight inside top bra.
    This has resulted in substancial growth of my boobs.
    At the same time I do tucking for my bottom part using masking tape and wear semitransparent panty and my wife is supporting this kind of dressing.
    UAE being hot most of the time, this is my night dress for >5 years.
    I do not feel like taking out this clothing when I get up in the morning.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Hehe, you got that right!! I'm consciously always trying to keep my knees together when I kneel to pick something up. It does take some effort to escape the cro - magnon impulses lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Yes, you're right. In addition to the clothes, there's a bunch of behavioral changes to appear ladylike. GGs get constant reinforcement about this while they're growing up, from their mothers, sisters, friends, and other females. We don't get that, and have to learn "all at once" to be ladylike. Good thing it's so much fun.

Reality Check
    There ought to be a course we can take. All the information in one place on a DVD or such.

Platinum Member
    You'd never catch me sitting like that. I don't even when I must present as male.

You're right that it's not the clothes. I have learned over the years that the clothes help bring my insides and outsides into congruity.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Ladies do not expose their crotch.
    Well, not ladylike ladies, anyway. ****s on the other hand, well, you know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've been finding that carrying myself like a lady makes me feel almost as good as dressing like one

My wife is always correcting about everything I do not ladylike when I'm dressed as one.

Yep, it doesn't matter how well the clothes hang on you, or how curvy a shape you create, if you walk like a dude then that's what folks will see. The mannerisms, the gestures are as important if not more so than what you're wearing if you're looking to blend.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In real life I fail badly at acting like a woman. However, in photos it IS all about the clothes and a pose! No one can see your camel,s gate as u walk like a linebacker in heels before the camera focuses!

U and I try on new clothes VERY differently. I always try them on first wearing nothing except a tuck. Then, the second time I put it on I have some idea of what girdle(s), size forms, and size hip/butt pads to wear under it.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Yes, very differently. When I am Krisi, I am always the same Krisi, just like any genetic woman. My breasts are always the same size and my waist and hips are always the same size. And I have the same color and length hair.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Having a GG willing to assist in developing proper female posture and mannerisms is such a wonderful thing. I was out at a gay club and another Tranny asked if she could join me at a table, I of course said yes. After a few minutes I got up and went to the bar to freshen my drink. Upon my return I was taken aback by the sight of this girl sitting with each knee in a separate zip code. When I got close enough I whispered that she had her knees spread and she said that it was more comfortable. I shortly saw a friend and relocated away from her.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

i like having my clothes remind me move right, there is nothing like a straight skirt to remind you to keep the legs together, or a little shareware slip under your house dress. Shoes and a nice firm tuck help keep me honest too.

Banned Read only
    Yes, I had to chuckle also at the sight of your legs spread apart and your wife reminding you to sit ladylike. Yes, it is a lot more than the clothing. The clothing is essential-obviously. However, the entire presentation can be ruined by not adapting the female actions. I will say I have been dressing for so long that these feminine nuances do come naturally. Don't spread your knees; Keep them together. Don't splay your legs out and cross at the ankles; Cross the legs at the knees. Smooth the skirt of your dress when you sit down so the material does not bunch up. Sit with your hands folded on your lap. Hold your handbag in the crook of your elbow, and don't carry it like a lunch pail. Don't take long strides when walking. Gently move that stray hair from your face.

Any others to add to the list?

Careful I bite <3
    I couldn't imagine keeping my legs apart in a skirt or dress. It just doesn't come naturally to me to not feel weird in that position. Might be partially because I've been dressing since relatively early compared to some members.

My posture and a few other tells aren't great, but then again there are GG's that have the same problems so so far it hasn't bitten me too badly.

Careful I bite <3
    I did think of an issue that runs in this same line though, I have trouble not ruining my makeup even if it's just a bit. Takes me A LOT of willpower to make sure I keep it straight when I go out.

I'm trying to be/ act more femine when I'm fully dressed. Knees together when you bend, when you sit down crossing you legs or putting legs together. Trying to do things with grace and not easy like a woman would do.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Very good topic here. I really try to walk the walk. I can't talk the talk though. Girls are brought up (usually) to be that way. We are throwing ourselves into the deep end of
    the feminine pool and trying to pass as swimmers. Not always easy to learn. I wish the female mannerisms could just kick in like the tingle I get up my spine when I'm finally fully dressed. Up until the point I put the wig on (last) I just see a dude in a dress in the mirror. Get the wig on and adjusted and ..wow...there SHE is !!! I think of it like Frosty the Snowman cartoon. When they put the magic top hat on him and he came to life. Same with me & the wig. It would be nice if all the the other feminine actions would wash over me like that. That's my excuse for not always smiling in my pictures. I'm trying too hard to think and act like a lady??
    Hugs
    Samantha

When im dressed i try to act lady like. To me it just adds to the illusion of dressing and the enjoyment of it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

You are right, it's not just the clothes. It's a mindset. It's an attitude. It's how you present yourself. For me, it's how I feel when dressed and mannerism and presentation seem to just happen. I have lived my entire life around women (3 sisters, a mother, a wife and 2 daughters, no brothers, no sons, a father). I think being a CD from a early age, much of how I present myself as Kandi is by osmosis. You will never see a picture of me when I am not grinning ear to ear, very happy to be in that moment. It's not just the clothes, but that is certainly a start.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

No, it is far from just the clothes. It is the whole picture that you present, body language, gestures, the way you sit and stand, the way you walk, the way you hold your glass, the way you look over your shoulder. It is Everything.

The trouble is, if you have to think about it, you dont have it and anybody who is just a little observant will spot it!

Only way to get it, is to keep doing it until it comes natural. Work on a few things at a time, until you dont think about it anymore.
    Sometimes, the less you try, the easker it is