Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reality...check

reality...check

Hypothetical question. Closet dressers can answer as if they did go out, but replying "I never go out" isn't an answer. the question is based on being out in public...

Let's say that you are somewhere...anywhere...dressed and there is a film crew for some reality show. They ask if you would interview.

They don't know who you are in daily life
    You are dressed already
    There is no money but you will have to sign a waiver...but then...you can use your fake name.
    It will be on a cable channel. not over the air TV

Would you?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I don't go yet other then to the coke machine in my hotel. Lol. I would say no right now but being out and dressed and in the fog I would probably do it then regret it .

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    If I could be in Shadow or face pixeled and have my voice modulated then, yeah sure.

Yes...

I doubt anyone would recognise me...

I am an absolutely starstruck, giggly girl for celebrity...

Nobody I know has cable...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Would you?
    Nope, not me. Life is hard enough without adding any unnecessary complications, thank you.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Lorileah - No. Although it may seem to be exciting to be on TV dressed, there is no reason to subject myself and how I dress to unknown questions and possible ridicule in a reality show? Nothing much good or honest or genuine comes from reality TV. I would be skeptical that the show would treat crossdressing without dignity or understanding.

Depends on whether my voice can pass. I have no idea if I can pull off a feminine-enough voice. If I could, then... I probably would.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Possibly. It would depend on the show and where I am and what's going on right then.

Initially I thought no, and then I realized how much of me is currently available via my website. How would TV be all that different? There really isn't anybody anymore that I really care about knowing about me anyways; I've already told those that matter.

No, I am not into that type of thing, especially for some reality show.. However, I did do an short interview after a ballet last year performed by a small group led by the transitioned FtM dancer and show leader, Sean Dorsey. I saw them again last Friday night for a pre-Pride performance and the person who filmed my interview with Sean said that they have not yet finished their long term project that would include interviews like mine with no guarantee that mine will not end up on the cutting room floor. We shall see. Normally I would just clam up from stage fright, but I didn't for that interview. Maybe my dressing is giving me some extra strength and courage in that department!

Funny enough, I've had this experience.....in male mode. If it came to girl mode I might do it. The chances of someone who knows me and seeing the show is very slim.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    I have given an interview to a major Australian newspaper and had my photo published. So my answer is 'possibly'. My concern is with the sort of reality show it is and my need to speak with a male voice. I wouldn't want to be set up as the fall 'guy' on a Jerry Springer type of show.

I would. Nothing ventured, nothing gained you know.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No, I prefer to keep my crossdressing on the QT, so the answer is no. I would keep on walking.

Banned Read only
    These days I would say Yes. A couple of years ago, more than likely it would have been No. At my age, "I don't give a shit!" gets stronger all the time. This is why I decided to volunteer to be the MC of our Community Event this Fall as DeeAnn. I'm 66 and getting closer to retirement by the minute. Most of the people who knew that I identify as bisexual now know that I identify as transgender also.

In for a Penny; In for a Pound...

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think that I'm really passable (at least not within ~10ft). On the other hand, I don't think I'm scary either.

So yes, I don't think it would be much of a problem.

DeeAnn

I would refuse --- not because I have a problem presenting female; I'm 24x7 --- but because I despise reality shows.

If it were a news reporter interviewing people for a news segment, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Yes of course! Because nothing bad whatsoever could come of that...

Platinum Member

Lesson Learned !

Hi Lorileah, No way , About 58 yrs. ago I ended up on the 5:00PM news clip of a truck accident
    when I was cutting class, Playing hooky from Jr. Hi School.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Yes. I think I would. It would be interesting to learn if any of my acquaintances could recognize me. I kinda doubt it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Nope .... I'm outta there !!!!

Absolutely YES!
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Yes..I have very recently and for MORE than an interview ... ..but you never know with hollywood...I hope it does air though cause reading the haterade here will be awesome....
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 06-22-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Way back many years ago, I can't remember exactly what year it was. I had gone back to California on vacation.
    I was dressed and was hitting all my old thrift stores.
    In one of them they were filming a commercial. I paid them no mind and went on about my business. At one point I was holding up a beautiful red dress, really studying it for flaws and to see if it would fit.
    One of the people from the film crew came over and asked what exactly was I doing, so I told her. She then asked me if I'd care to be in the commercial. Basically just be in the back ground doing what I had done with the dress, and one of the employees would also be in the shot, while a couple actresse played a customer and employee in the foreground.
    So I said yes, why not, and I spent the next few hours being an extra in a commercial.
    I never got to see the commercial on TV, but I do have a vhs copy somewhere around here.
    My sister saw the commercial and said I looked very feminine at the distance it was shot. lol
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I gave it some thought and yes I probably would.

Banned Read only
    sure I would. No one would ever recognize me.

I am trying to get my head around this question/premise...

Why would a reality show film crew want to interview a random passerby such as myself - crossdresser or otherwise - when they are preoccupied with filming the actual subjects of their shows (Pawn Stars, Duck Dynasty, Storage Wars etc.)? And look at the way their involvement with the Duggars, the Honey Boo Boo gang, and Paula Dean came back to bite them in the @ss.

The closest I can think of are the set-ups orchestrated by the "What Would You Do" show, and I would have no problem talking to host John Quiñones - he seems like a pretty decent chap. I fact, a while back they featured a couple of episodes in which different transgender youth were being harassed for trying to be themselves in a public setting - once involving a young person attempting to come "out" in a restaurant to a less-than-supportive parent while being overheard by other nearby patrons, and the other time where a young M-T-F TG was trying to buy a prom dress in a specialty store surrounded by sympathetic GG's while a hostile parent accompanying her was giving her a hard time over this.

In each case, the TG was overwhelmingly supported by all those who were a party to these set-ups, so what's to lose? If we're talking about this show and it's host, both are decidedly TG-friendly...