Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: reality...check

Yes with out a doubt and I am for the most part in the closet but I do go out pretty much where ever I want. I hope it happens What fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    Everyone needs to understand how reality shows (or any type of show) works. If you are the focus of an interview or scene and you sign a waiver, you usually give away all rights to your image. The producers can use and edit your scene in any way they see fit for any use in the future - even if such an edit or usage portrays you in a way you would find embarrassing or demeaning. And the use of your image can migrate to other media as well. For instance, maybe you agreed to appear on a TV reality show that seriously deals with crossdressing, but a year later you see yourself on an internet broadcast about sexual fetishes.

If you are star struck and want to be on TV or the movies, read your contract and be aware of what you are giving up. You might regret it at some point.

Careful I bite <3
    I probably wouldn't do it, but mostly because I don't get that excited about being on "stage".

Because of that I wouldn't really do it often in male mode either.

If I looked as gorgeous as some of you girls, there would be no stopping me. But the fact of the matter is, in my present state, I would definitely not.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    L:

Before I saw your description above, I would have envisioned something like the late night cable program, Real Sex. They ask sex-related questions of people who happen to pass by. It could be couples or groups of friends...

DeeAnn
    OK, that could be one possibility...

Back in 2000, the center where my clinic was had a tragedy following Columbine. I had news people in and out all day asking what I knew about a double homicide that happened at 2 AM. I got tired after a few of those and told a reporter to leave and that it had nothing to do with me and probably some other things. He then stopped and asked if he could come back later and interview me about my job. Turned into the best advertizing and it was free. So anyway, being interviewed can lead to good things.

Isha mentioned getting paid to travel....I had that thought last year, Trans-across America or such. It sounded fun right up the point where a producer friend said "What if you go to Wyoming and they don't like you?" But still I think a travelogue on Transfriendly places would be fun.

To answer my own question, yes to everything NOT RuPaul. I think most people here are cognizant that scenes are not impromptu and restaged on reality shows. But say for fun that 20/20 was following up the Jenner story and so many here have such strong opinions in either direction, I think it would be interesting to see how diverse our community is. I also think it could be a great way to show "we" are really just people. On the other hand, I am trying to get started as an entertainer (not drag) and something like that could be a boon to my career like the newspaper interview
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I have a hard time saying no to people. I give money to panhandlers, offer directions to folks who seem lost and even help people I know move. If I felt good about how I was presenting that moment and they said 'pretty please', I'd probably say yes and then really regret it all later.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    L:

If you remember, one of the most useful things that happened within the gay movement (putting my bisexual Tam on for a moment) was putting a face on it. The theory was that once people knew a gay person, they were much more likely to be, at least, tolerant. It reduces the possibility of untoward gestures as people would no longer be nameless and faceless.

So yes, the transgender community would certainly benefit from such exposure. The problem is that we tend to stand out, one way or the other. People tend to know before we say anything. It's one of the things that keeps people in the closet. Caitlyn Jenner's arrival brings a reason to have the conversation without necessarily outing yourself (for those who consider that to be significant). If done right, a walk-up program might do the same thing.

DeeAnn

I am comfortable enough now with who I am and where I am in life now to say, absolutely yes.

Now that I'm out to God and Country, yes, I would.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.