Thread: Off night or genuine unhappiness?

Off night or genuine unhappiness?

Hey girls,
    It's been a while since I've been on here, jobs working me hard. Tonight I finally got the chance to dress up a bit, new heels, skirt, corset, etc. I feel great and look in the mirror and my heart plummets. All I see is a guy in girls clothes, not Charlotte, now all I'm feeling is disgust towards myself, this body is not the one I want, its not who I am inside and I hate it. I'm not sure if I'm just having an off night or if this is the awakening of something else. I hate whining about small stuff so I'm sorry if that's what this comes off as :c
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!

Charlotte.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just an off night don't read too much into it.
    We all have days like that.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Yeah I think we all have off days. I'm sure not going to post any pics where my makeup looked like
    it was applied by a blind hooker having a seizure !!
    Hugs
    Samantha

An off day I am sure

No way to know right now; you'll have to try again several more times and see if your feelings are consistent over time. I will add to the bucket and say that it definitely could be just an off night; many of us go through phases of disgust or indifference.

Been there done that, don't worry about it. Sometimes all we see is our flaws, I'm sure you'll feel better next time.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Charlette,

Don't sweat it . . . I think we all have those days. Remember you are used to looking at your guy self in the mirror (been doing it all your life) so it is hard to be objective. I am sure you will have some great Charlotte days ahead of you.

Hugs

Isha

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maybe you'll get used to seeing a man in a dress in your mirror. Most here do. I couldn't.

I began dressing 17 years ago. And, after a year of hating my mirror image I did what I had to do. I began wearing a mask. Later, I lost weight to improve my corseted figure. Then, adding butt/hip pads. Finally, wearing a silicone female suit. Now, I quite enjg my mirror and zillion pics I take of the young women I resemble.

I'm not suggesting u do what I have. My point is, if u really want to look good, u can and will do whatever is necssary to improve them!!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would have to agree it's just an off day we all all have them.I think for most of us those off days are far and few between. Keep smiling

Kimmi

We are in the same boat. Not to think too much or worry.
    Just enjoy your life

Be patient Charlotte - yes, we do all have those days...

Just take this one step at a time... I find if lots of things are niggling me it sometimes helps to break the big probs down into smaller 'projects'... soooo... try shaping eyebrows... make a small purchase of makeup or jewellery...? or a bit of a manicure, perhaps...?

Possibly making small steps towards your ultimate goal will give you little boosts of confidence to see the beauty behind the 'beast' (metaphorically speaking... ) One step at a time...

Keep Calm & Carry On!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    that happens, and it could be alot of little details that made you feel that way without you knowing, it could be the window of time was there but you werent truly in the mood and forced it, it could be you were rushed...could be alot of little things, all of which happened to me, and probably everybody else here. Sometimes when I look in the mirror i can feel that way too, if you kinda let the girl " settle in" a little bit and relax, that goes away ( in my past experience )...treat every chance you dress as a learning experience,...good luck xoxo

Charlette, don't forget that dressing is simply outwardly projecting who we feel we are on the inside. Perhaps splurge on some really pretty intimates, or something else to make you feel pampered. Or just don't dress until that lovely lady insists on being out of the bottle. Sadly I go for many months without wanting to feel pretty, but know I am a more whole person when my female side has her time.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    You don't say if you did makeup and wig or not otherwise a guy in a dress to me is usually OK . Sometimes you just don't want to see the man at all and that's when it gets to you , best not to look in the mirror just enjoy how the dressing feels !

Charlotte, it certainly is not small stuff, but one time is not a trend. Give it another go and if that feeling persists, then it may be something. However, you may indeed find it was an off day. Don't jump to any conclusions yet, let it breathe a little.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just like a bicycle you fall off get back on and try it again.
    Practice makes perfect.

There are good days and bad days im sure we have all had them .The next time you dress hopfully will be better take your time and be patient it will work out
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I know how you were feeling I recently had the same reactions you had. For me it was the anticipation of dressing and just didn't feel right. But I had other days when I was just a little more relaxed it was amazing when I dressed in the same clothes and looked in a mirror it was a woman not the man I had seen earlier. So it just depends on your mental state when you dress.