Thread: Historic Night

Historic Night

Last night was one of the best experiences of my life. I marched in the Trans March in San Francisco. I was with 3 of my girlfriends and a couple that met us through this site. Tristetta and her wife Olivia were so sweet! Of course Allie SF was with us, the grande dame of the march! It was simply overwhelming to march down Market street with thousands of trans people and supporters.

After the march we heard about an impromptu block party on Castro Street. How could we miss the celebration for marriage equality? We couldn't! The jubilation was so powerful! People were dancing and singing while waving equality flags. It was a historic moment and I was there, Suzanne born a boy from Kentucky.

Then we met up with my friend Theresa Sparks, who is a powerful trans woman who heads the Human Rights Commission for the city of San Francisco. What a lovely dinner with great friends. Again I couldn't really believe we were there.

Finally, we just couldn't end the evening without a night club. We headed to the End Up for dancing and celebrating. Us four girls out on the dance floor dancing, being us. I had to tear myself away and drive home late in the morning. I kissed my beautiful sleeping wife and the night was over.

Tomorrow my wife and I are heading to the Pride Parade. It will be our first time! What a beautiful, messy and exciting life.

Suzanne
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yesterday was amazing! So good to be out amongst so many wonderful ladies. Thank you for everything, Suzanne!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne;

Wonderful event and so great that you participated. I had considered attending here in Toronto but the date creeped up on packing for summer relocation so unfortunately missing local festivities (which is likely turning out to be a bit of a wet tee shirt contest given the weather).

It's important for us to participate and support. I'm getting fairly active inside work and have applied for a mentorship program to help others navigate along... Not saying I'm an expert as I think I'll learn as much in the process as I have to share with others.

Cheers... Enjoy the festivities. Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Woman first, Trans second
    I marched, but my crew jumped out of the crowd a bit early. Marching for equality builds a powerful hunger, and there were asian style crawfish places that needed to be overrun.

Well, that's not the ONLY reason, I guess. I also really had to pee, owing to some very poor decision making on my part vis a vis a pre-march latte.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.