Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well I'm about as nervous as a leaf in a hurrican.

well I'm about as nervous as a leaf in a hurrican.

This is a big step for me .I'm so nervous or maybe the better term to use is scared half to death. A friend of mine who knows I dress up has convinced me to go out with her tonight .Dressed up as Mikayla .She wants to go to a bar that has a drag show and is cd friendly ..But still very scared I have never been out dressed as Mikayla..

Let us know how it comes out. . .

I'm envious. Have fun!

And why are you here talking to us when you need to be getting ready!!!!!!!
    You are going out with a friend and that is so much better, you'll be fine and I'm sure you'll have SOoooooo much fun. Be careful though it like eating a potato chip, after this you just wont want to stay in the house.
    You have fun and take some pictures for us
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

It Will BE OK!!!! My SO , a CD, Kimmi felt the exact same way as you, once there (in KC) at the same kind of place your going. They were all very welcoming, and we had fun, she even danced with me and other Gurls. She had never been out dressed as Kimmi. Have Fun, cant wait to hear how it went!! Huggs
    Stacie

Once you get outside the door you will be fine! It will be the moxt liberating feeling EVER!!! ENJOY!!!!

You'll be fine!

Accepting places are cool with us... You'll have a great time and learn a lot too...

Deep breaths - and just remember to enjoy it...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Have fun Mikayla!

Like they all said it will be ok. That a deep breath and enjoy every moment as it will go by to quickly . I you don't have to be perfect just be your self. Love jean

I will try but you know how the nerves are. I don't believe I'm as passable as most of you are. And once I get out of my town I might feel a little better. I have to go get some shoes I don't have anything that isn't a heel. I'm afraid I won't be able to dance in heels.

I think you'll be fine and have confidence everything will be ok. Remember this is coming from me who has never been out. Unless you count the farm where no one is there. Lol as said earlier take a deep breath and go for it.

I know how you feel! I want to go out in public too, but my wife has told me not to, due to her being a public school teacher, she said if i run into someone she knows, she would be afraid she would lose her job. So, i'm "Mackenzie" at home only. . lol

Careful I bite <3
    You'll be fine! Those types of places tend to have CD's show up ALL the time. If your really paranoid figure out if you can get ready somewhere other than your house. Everything else is safe as a first outing goes. At some I even know people that say that the hottest girls at those places tend to be one of us.

Relax, follow the lead of your friend! Do your best to present a feminine image that will not attract unwanted attention. Remember that you are presenting as a woman and act accordingly. Have fun!
    Hugs, Carole

Go and have fun Mikayla ! your friend will be with you for support,so you won't be alone.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Post tomorrow and let us know how it turns out......I hope you make it out xoxo

Aspiring Member
    You will have a GREAT time and be sure to tell us about it! You are one lucky lady to have a friend that cares about you!
    Fortuneta

Gold Member
    First thing is to welcome you to the forum; Glad you found us.
    You are going out with someone, that is a big help. She will
    help you "Pass" as it where, so go and have some fun.
    Then come back and tell us all about it.
    Rader

I went out in public yesterday for the first time, I was crazy nervous, but that all melted away quickly and I was able to relax and have a good time in girl mode. Today I feel much more emboldened, went out in mixed presentation without as much as a flutter in my stomach, and came out to a neighbor so I can be more free with my gender expression around the house. Liberating indeed!

Well here goes nothing. I'm all dressed up and on the road to the club. . Lord help me. ..Lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've seen leaves in hurricanes. They were flying about seeming to have the times of their lives. Hopefully, u will too, Mikayla?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    OK, I'm jealous! You're going out with a GG friend, it can't get any better than than...you have a wing chic...a chicken wing! (Sorry, shamelessly stole that from a radio ad) but I've always wanted to go out with a GG that has my 6 so to speak. This will be a real confidence booster for you I'm so sure!

This might be after the fact but ya got do it like you own it and hopefully everthing turned out great .Hoping all the best for you Mikayla
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

well it all went good. The show was pretty good . I was so nervous . but now I can cross that off the bucket list..lol.. ty you all for the support . no one said anything to me.. I think iwould have felt better if the place would have been crowded.. but maybe next time..

"As leaves that before the wild hurricane fly
    When they meet with an obstacle mount to the sky...
    "

Sounds like all was coolness. Note that in your OP you were concerned about going out but by your last summary you were sad there weren't more people there. Yeah, it's like that. Glad you had a good time. Next time and next time and next time will be better.