Thread: My first time out

My first time out

This was the first time out of the closet and girl friends what a great time. Went to a fundraiser in North Carolina. All the people there were very friendly and I had a great time talking to people young and old cd or not. I was treated like the girl I wanted to be that day. I know that this is not the real world where people take you as you are. But it was a great place to start. Special thanks to Candi for showing me the ropes and Kim for going with me and helping me out of the closet. The question of the hour is do lots of you girls have places to go where you are not looked at different because of the way you dress and act, and just want to be your self.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Hey Carrie, Glad you got out there, I went out for the first time too this weekend past. Normally I just hang out with some friends at home while dressed who treat me as I want to be for the time im dressed but I wouldnt be against venturing out again in the future since I had a good time.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Congrats on your first time out !! Other than a 3day conference I have yet to find a local CD/trans club meeting or group.
    Still not sure if I even want to do that. Still in the closet here.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by carrie2014 View Post
    The question of the hour is do lots of you girls have places to go where you are not looked at different because of the way you dress and act, and just want to be your self.
    That's a very odd question. We are different. I think what I want to find, and what you may be expressing, are places where I'm acknowledged as different but treated as if the difference is OK. (Which it is.)

Glad you had a good time. I'm sure your next outing will be soon.

Well done you!!!

This was the first time out of the closet and girl friends what a great time...
    Well done Carrie! Glad it all went well for you. And you did something that helped a charity. I think that's great.
    I'm new around here but not to CD.Com and the internet. Wanted to jump in and show a sister some support.

~Char
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

Congrats Carrie. It is a great feeling to be out as yourself isn't it?

Jenn

Platinum Member
    Congratulations. The real world, perhaps even in parts of NC is awaiting you!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

First off, congratulations on a successful venture out of your comfort zone. For people looking for like minded individuals to get out with, I highly recommend a search on MEETUP.COM for a group of your liking. Here in the Washington DC area, we have a few different groups, including one that is 500+ strong. In a major liberal metropolitan area like this, there are many many places where I can go without any problem or comment whatsoever, from hardware store to car wash, to restaurants, shopping malls, etc. many night spots are the same, unless you go to a place frequented by jocks or military guys just back from deployment.

I exercise situational awareness and don't let myself get cut from the herd and into trouble spots. Isha's experience taught a lesson.

YMMD.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Reality Check
    Personally, I don't know of a local crossdresser group and if I found one, I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it. I like to go out alone, attempting to pass as a genuine female. I would rather my wife join my but that may or may not happen. I don't want to be seen in a group of crossdressers.

...... and Kim for going with me and helping me out of the closet......
    And I had a great time. Thanks for going with me.

and to answer your question, I go out to a lot of places and am treated just like any other person.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

first of all thanks for the great replies to my post. Jenn fundraiser rite in your back yard in Matthews. Ronda thank you for the .com address always learning something new as I read posts and replies from all you girls. Charlene welcone to our forum. Kim you can go out anywhere because you own it and it also helps to be young and pretty and pass so well. If you are in the closet than is your choice. enjoy what you do! Thanks again girls
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Congrats! Bet that felt good.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats on your first time out.
    There are a few restaurants where the staff have only seen me in full on girl mode so it seems normal to them and they always treat me as female.
    Maybe they aren't totally sure what I am but they take my money gladly and treat me respectfully.

The thing about going out is you make it as hard as you want it to be by worrying about what people think.
    Get your girl on and own the situation 90% of the people won't notice you anyway.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-30-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Congrats! I can't wait to go out in girl mode. I have to really make sure that i'm not recognized by any of my wife's friends.
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Congratulations Carrie, I know you can't see through the computer screen, but I'm giving you a standing ovation.
    Now go nail that closet door shut as you're a day walker now.....:-)
    Way to go girl.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Congrats Carrie sounds like you and Kim had a great time! I know my first time was exhilarating!

Kimmi

Congratulations, Carrie!

I mostly just go out shopping and such in my general area, and have been treated fine. I have also been to Esprit (week long CD/TG event in Washington state in May), which is not local for me, but is the main venue where I've had a chance to meet and get to know other people (CD, TG, GG, etc.) whilst en femme myself. That's a great experience, too. I don't know of any local CD groups or venues, but that's OK.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Carrie . . . YAY and CONGRATS! Getting out in the world is always exciting irrespective where you go . . . out is out. I am glad you enjoyed your day.

Isha