Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found a gender therapist

Your healthiest option is to consult with an endocrinologist. They will perform baseline bloodwork. After the results they will prescribe a regimen for you. Dosages will vary depending on the doctors thought process. They will most likely prescribe low levels to allow your body to acclimate and see how you respond. They may then increase or even lower your dose.

Hormones are powerful chemical agents that perform their work on the cellular level. Frequent testing is required to ensure deadly medical conditions are detected early.

Your sexual performance and libido will also diminish to s point you can't perform. Hormones will usually be the point at which the spouse will want out of the relationship. You are moving light speed. Transition is not a race, but a marathon that takes years. You may want to start exploring going out as a woman. Interact with the world. Transition is serious work. The pitfalls are many and if you lack the mental strength to endure them. Booom. Huge explosion.

The questions you ask are absolutely better asked in the TS sub forum. Just don't expect a chorus of "You go Girl" answers.

I just read your last 2 previous posts. I don't believe you do understand the consequences of HRT nor what dosages would be appropriate. If going out as female could get your wife fired. Where do you think you might transition? You do need to understand this. Transition is a very public process. Events tend to get real very fast. Nobody transitions in stealth after living decades as a male!!
    Last edited by stefan37; 07-01-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added response
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Mackenzie you now have me extremely worried. I am wondering what kind of doctor would suddenly tell you they are happy to prescribe HRT.

I would suggest that most would say if its right for you, (which would mean some sort of assessment), then they have to consider your medical history before proceeding.

This seems too much of a leap to say yes I will just give you HRT.

They either have not explained this correctly or they don't understand. This would make me even more worried for your safety
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Silver Member
    I'm not one of those who transitioned relying much on therapists or doctors. Once I knew what I needed to do I did it.

If you really feel the need for hrt and there is a doctor willing to prescribe you'll know soon enough if it is right for you or not. But the the train your on is going to speed up so hold on. There is a lot of risk in transition . Understand there can be some really hard times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by MackenzieNicole View Post
    Jackie, i'm unable to go out in femme, due to my wife's job. She knows a lot of people around here (she's a band/choir director) and if i am caught by someone she knows, she could lose her job.
    Once you start hrt your needs will probably increase and your going to face the reality sooner or later.

Are you sure it is what you want? Why?
    Last edited by arbon; 07-01-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Silver Member
    This is not going to go well! MTF transition has protocols in place for the SAFETY of the Transitioner developed over decades of research and circumventing them by a licensed MD is unlawful and dangerous. This is the same as the doc who will give multiple pain killer scripts out for no good cause.
    How can you make a 3 hour trip to get the drugs but not willing to do so to do it the prescribed way? What do you do when the estrogen causes you an issue and the doc is 3 hours away. Any thought of your trip the the pharmacist and you bump into one of your wife's co-workers and they ask if you are sick? What work do you do? Will a lose of strength, softer skin, wider hips, a bustline
    Please realize that none of the posts have encouraged your chosen method, None!