Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know another crossdresser?

Do you know another crossdresser?

anyone knows another crossdresser? Only in your family, closed friends, at the work or in your neighborhood?

It will be great, i suspect about 2 guys i know but theres missing a clear signal to know if they are really crossdressers

I will love if i knew someone in my closed circle but i dont have so much luck

I don't but it would be nice to hava a CD friend ot two.
    Huggs,
    Tabitha Lynn

I do not know anyone from my original existing pool of friends, acquaintances, neighbors or past work mates that are CD/Trans. However, by networking, here (very successful for me), on other sites (way in the past) and by finding support groups to attend I have now a very nice group of CD/Trans friends and acquaintances with whom I can meet up, go out and have fun. It takes work and time, and more importantly, extra effort on your part to put yourself out there asking almost strangers (like us members here) if they would like to meet up. I have met many in male mode first with no issues. Good luck and I know that you can do it too.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I don't know of any in my group of acquaintances either. But , like a lot of worthwhile things, sometimes you're one of the few with the ambition + courage to do it and reap the rewards/consequences.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I do not but I would love to have a CD friend to talk to.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am with AllieSF......none of my vanilla friends ( who i stopped talking to over 2 years ago because they now bore me) are CD's...however, I have met a whole new set of friends that are much more exciting and fun AND who are ALL cd'sor full on TG. Some I have met here, others through meetup.com crossdresser groups, others out & about in public, or going to cd/tg events or support groups, social media, etc we can hang in boy mode..or girl mode...room together, go on trips, split hotels, carpool to events, get ready together, etc........Allie is right it takes work and time, but you can wind up with a whole new set of friends. But you have to put in the effort to find the gals close to you...a good way to start doing that here is adding where you are from in your profile, so others in the area can connect with YOU too. Even if you make a few pen pals here, at least it is a start. But the girls are out there.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 06-29-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Mostly in my head Hilde_Morales's Avatar
    Not too long back, a fairly self-destructive friend, revealed to FB that the reason he was so self-destructive was that he was denying the fact that he is in every way that matters, a she.
    We had a message chat, she reintroduced herself to me, and I introduced (this side of) myself to her.
    It was massively liberating.

There is a guy I know who (as a result of another chat with some chums of mine) I know is a crossdresser, but weirdly, I'm not sure I trust him enough with (what is currently) my secret.
    Then came a curious hesitation. Was my appearance really credible?
    I was grotesque to the theatrical pitch, a stage miser, but I was certainly not a physical impossibility.
    I spent some minutes screwing up the courage and then unlocked the shop door and marched out into the street.
    The Invisible Man - H.G. Wells

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I think it would be nice to have a local cd friend but I don't.
    I'm only out to you fine gals here.
    Hugs
    Samantha

For some one who is VERY in the closet it would be good to have a local CD friend, if not to go out dressed could meet for a social and at least chat about 'CD'ing.
    Even with a forum it can be quite 'lonely'

I have to echo what Adriana said about finding someone close, but being happy when you find someone who is not. I fortunately live in the San Francisco area, a great tourist and business trip destination. My first friend to go out with, WindyCissy, still an active member here and still a close friend of mine, would only travel to the area occasionally. That occasional trip was enough at the time to make me very happy for the chance to get out of the house into the real world, my ultimate goal from starting to dress over 8 years ago. I have met many girls/ladies from this site over those few years on there visit to the area. From there I met new local friends. Pen Pals are great because maybe one day they will be close enough to visit you or you will be close enough to visit them. I even met up with a couple from the Detroit, Michigan area a few times when I was back there on my own visits. Travelers can become good friends. Good luck.

I do. Since my own emerging into CD I have discovered that two working colleagues are partial to it / interested. I also have F2M daughter and her friend, and since this forum I've met local CD'ers, and even the wonderful Nikkilovesdresses. The groups can be a mixed bag, I need to get to Salisbury soon to check it out. But, I have my own special wife-friend-SO with whom I can gurl all day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Years ago I knew a male that worked for the same company I did, in a similar capacity but in a different department, and he came out as transgender and eventually went the whole way and got his legal identity changed to female. I think he got SRS, but I'm not certain. I didn't know him that well as a male, but I accepted her transition and I continued on 'casual friend terms' with her after she transitioned. The company I worked for had HR policies that protected LGBT rights, so she was able to transition and remain in her current job, with no work worries - though there were certainly a few raised eyebrows from some who had known her as a male. All I knew of her personal life was that she had a wife and children prior to transition, and I never heard how her wife or their kids took her decision to become a woman. My GG wife knew of that person's transition, and always questioned how it must have adversely impacted her family. (A good indicator of how my own wife would have reacted to my own CD inclinations, which I was repressing. It kept me out of skirts while she remained alive.)

After my wife's untimely passing, I decided to express my own repressed feminine side, and experiment with cross dressing. For me, transitioning is very unlikely, but I do like dressing once a week or so and going out to dance and socialize as a girl. At the nightclub I like to go to I have met about a dozen or more other crossdressers, though only one of them has talked to me often enough that I recall her name, or that she clearly knows my girl name. There are also maybe a dozen MtF drag queens who perform there, who know me a little as one of the regulars who tips them at their shows. They seem to like interacting with me since I do a fairly decent job of cross dressing, but I doubt any of them even know what I call myself as a girl. But I never see any of the CD's or drag queens anywhere else, and I know nothing of their lives outside the club, nor do they know any real details about me.

More recently I met another person who underwent a MtF transition. She moved away while still in transition, and just recently announced on Facebook that she had gotten her ID officially changed to female gender. But again, I didn't know her very well. She was just someone I would encounter occasionally because we had some similar recreational interests. I never told her I CD myself, though she does know I will dress as female costumed characters when I do fursuiting. (Mascot costume stuff.)

I know lots of people who do cosplay or fursuiting in cross-gender roles, but that's not really the same. It's portraying a character that happens to be the opposite gender, not being yourself as the other gender. I've let a few of those cosplay or furry folk who know me tangentially know that I also CD.

Among those who know my male side, only my 19 year old daughter, who lives with me, knows I CD. She is supportive of my girl time fun.

We're moving to a new state soon, and I'm thinking I'll spend more time as a girl there, and will be out from the beginning with my new friends and neighbors there. Once we get there, I'll see if I can find any CD support groups or new CD friends there.
    Last edited by Ceera; 06-29-2015 at 04:01 PM.

I don't know anyone that cds . tho like the other gurls here it would be nice to have a gurl friend to hang with ..

Reality Check
    No, I don't.

Silver Member
    If you have more than 20 or 30 friends or acquaintances, you probably know someone who crossdresses. You just don't know which ones.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I met my first CD friend at a wig shop in my very early CDing.
    She pretty much helped me come to grips with who I am on the trans spectrum.
    Thru her I started going to my support group where I have made friends with quite a few CD's,TS's and transmen.
    Occasional outings and shopping trips are always fun.

Banned Read only
    Well I have a combination of 20 TS, 10 CD, 4 TM and 2 gays that work for me. Then there are probably 300 - 400 of my close personal friends. So yea, I might know a few.

You can't meet anyone sitting on the couch and wishing. You have to go where they are.
    Last edited by Jorja; 06-29-2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: additional thought

Yes just a handful - one in my place in the southeast and a few in the northeast when i lived there.

Have made it a point to get more social and get out more and meet others.

~Char
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

There's a regular group in DC that I go out with. Last few times there has been 40 to 50 girls. some are regulars, some only come once an a while, some are first timers. There are also a few SOs

At Keystone 2015, I was talking to a random girl, and it turned out that she graduated my school in the same year as me, and we were on the track team together for 2 - 1/2 years. The first thing I asked her was why didn't you tell me in high school, but I already knew the reason. I didn't tell anyone, and I couldn't even accept it myself back then
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-30-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Does this count as close?????????????

My son is a CD. He also knows about me.

My brothers, ex-wife, Father (Diane), is a CD. I have known him for over 20 years, but as Diane for about 4 years.

Marcia
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Only on here. I, too would love to know some of the others in person.
    Maybe at some point...

I know several.

Marcia blue

It counts,
    So your son crossdress too, how you get with him?
    Dress up together?

Aspiring Member
    The closest I have is a GG who cosplays male characters; that probably doesn't count. Either that or every other CD I have encountered in real life has an armoured closet. Now that I'm out but entirely inactive...

Aspiring Member
    Jorja, I would love to go where other CDers are. But where is that? I go to some of the local gay clubs because that's where I can at least hang out and not be judged... but I run into mostly drag queens at these places, not very many serious CDers or transgendered. So, back to my question: Where?

And bear in mind that I'm retired and don't have a job or business to go to where I might meet others.