Thread: Won First Prize

Won First Prize

My SO is away for two weeks so I have been able to come out of the closet and play. I took the opportunity to attend a pleasant support group some 65 miles away that I have visited whenever the opportunity arose. They have a dress theme for each meeting and to my surprise I was awarded First Prize. Having read recently a long thread on question of Age, with 86 years under my belt I felt it quite an achievement in being the best dressed "gurl" there. Unfortunately a photo opportunity did not occur so I have no record of the event

That is wonderful! Good for you

Platinum Member
    Hi Ronah, That's just so wonderful, I'm just a youngster of 72, But I plan on dressing as long as I can.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congratulations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U know what they say, Ronah, "If u don't have a photo it didnt------ Oh what the heck! Congrats!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wow congratulations, 86 years that gives me lots of hope I'm 65 and thought I was have aches n pains especially after I do something when I'm still thinking I'm 25 again. This gives me hope.

Wow congratulations

That is so wonderful. Congratulations. What was the dress theme?

Congratz Ronah!

Well done you - that showed all us youngsters, eh...?

Curious as to where the support group was - wondering if it was in Surrey as there's been one nearby I've been pondering on attending... no need to reveal if you don't wish... but I know they have themes...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Proving yet again that age is just a number...congratulations and well done, Ronah! - you are an inspiration to the rest of us Boomers here who sometimes feel that it is time to pack up this whole "crossdressing foolishness" thing, "man up", and (un)gracefully(?) slip into a curmudgeonly old age where our main preoccupation becomes chasing the young 'uns off the lawn...

Three cheers, Ronah, from a 74 year old, just keep on having fun!

Hugs, Bria

Ronah - doing the happy dance for you!! Its refreshing and inspiring for many of us 'mature' CDs here!!

Wishing you a hearty round of applause!
    ~Char
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronah View Post
    My SO is away for two weeks so I have been able to come out of the closet and play. I took the opportunity to attend a pleasant support group some 65 miles away that I have visited whenever the opportunity arose. They have a dress theme for each meeting and to my surprise I was awarded First Prize. Having read recently a long thread on question of Age, with 86 years under my belt I felt it quite an achievement in being the best dressed "gurl" there. Unfortunately a photo opportunity did not occur so I have no record of the event
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

Well Done! I have not yet had the chance and support or guts to go out in my CD clothes - Tia x

Katey888 - Your area - "old" Hampshire, has a great proliferation of very friendly support and meet groups, even a disco evening (not my scene). Unfortunately quite a distance for me, and insufficient opportunities. If you need more info just PM me.

Ronah