Thread: First makeover.

First makeover.

Last night I had my first makeover.

I have a long time friend that knows about me and she is such a supportive doll.

She happens to be a hair stylist. Of course I could have gotten everything done absolutely free, but I believe in paying it forward and helped her out for her services.

All she did was trim and clean up my hair, she put my makeup on for me and she shaped my eyebrows. We went with a subtle look and it felt good to feel more like a person or a human being for once.

While she was putting on my makeup, she was giving me pointers. Some of which I already knew. The funny thing, as we chatted I even taught her a couple of things. The girl talk made me feel relaxed and recharged as though I had been out on a week long camping trip.

After we finished, we sat outside in our yard and we chatted for quite a while. One thing she told me was that this was a first for her and that she was honored to do this.

She told me at one point that she didn't suspect what I was dealing with, but she could tell that I had always been in touch with my feminine side.

When she left, we hugged good bye and I was so happy, I felt like crying. I made her laugh while we were hugging because I started that mantra, Not gonna cry, not gonna cry. because I didn't want to mess up my makeup.

To top it all off, we even took a few pics. As embarrassed and camera shy as I am, I figure that I would share two of the pics we took. I was still in my uniform from work in these two pics, but tell me what y'all think with or without my glasses.

BTW, that is my natural curl.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

You are very lucky to have such friends.
    You look gorgeous.
    Kindly post few more photos in different colour dresses.

Lucky girl to have such beautiful curly hair! Congratulations on your makeover.
    Hugs
    Suzanne

At the moment I don't have any dresses. I was wearing my work tshirt.

I do have some news that I will be sharing in another post that will shed some light on what will be happening with me. Hopefully my finances will allow for me to really increase my wardrobe soon.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.