Thread: Exercise.

Be yourself.

Exercise.

Hello! It's been quite some time since I last posted anything in here. I finished school ^^

I'm 67kg and 1.85m tall (metric system ladies). I'd like to know if there are any exercises (or tips) that'll make my body look just a tiny bit more feminine and thinner. I've seen tons of exercises but I'm worried they'll make me appear simply more muscular instead of curvy. Take squats as an example: men who do them simply look like they've been holding gas in for weeks (and that's definitely not lady-like )

Also, any tips to reduce muscle mass?

Thank you for your answers, xx
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

I feel compelled to help everyone out with a conversion to Imperial measurement, if I may...

You're a tad over 6' 1/2" and weigh just under 150 lbs... and you want to look thinner...?

I'm 5' 8" and 166 lbs.... now, I really do want (need) to look a bit thinner...

There are 'feminising' exercises you can find on YouTube and they tend to focus on reducing the waist and emphasising legs and butt - swimming is good too - but I have to say, I don't think you should be trying for too much thinner... I think some careful development of lower body will help with curves, and good choice of the right fashions... you have supermodel height, so use it!

And congratz on finishing school!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hell-o Ilianar,
    Try this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8udQ-h4Y4BY.
    It's pretty effective stuff!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Good news, Ilianar!
    Very soon Greece will be in the throes of a massive crisis at which point there will be rationing of everything so there won't be enough food and there certainly won't be any fuel for cars or airplanes or even a lawnmower. The upshot of all this is that you will very rapidly lose a lot of weight and develop nice leg and glute muscles from all the walking that will become necessary.*
    If this somehow does not come to fruition, then indeed squats and lunges and anything that works the hamstrings will be beneficial. Obviously, you don't want to do so many that it looks like you are planning on auditioning for the next Barbarian film. Realistically, you will not magically exercise your way to a rounder, more feminine shape but a trim waistline and shapely legs will certainly help.

* Satire, for all those who are vexed by such things

Congrats on finishing school! Feels great doesn't it? I'm 5'8'' and weigh 210. . . I definitely need to look thinner. . . But i'm on my way. Over the past 7 weeks, I have lost 20 pounds.
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Ilianar17,

I guess I can say I am a gym rat. I enjoy going to the gym, lifting weights, doing cardio and other exercises. Reduction of muscle mass: cardio, and a lot of it. If you're looking to highlight certain parts like legs... Bicycle, swimming, and yes low weight, high repetition squats. For your midsection... Planks, crunches, swimming, and yoga. I won't get into upper body because it will wreck your figure, unless you're going for an athletic femme frame? But a male's upper body will grow faster than the other areas if you begin lifting. Chemically there are medications and supplements that you can get. However I cannot stress the IMPORTANCE of seeing your DOCTOR before using any chemicals. Some chemicals you can take there is no going back. Being in Europe it is very easy for you to get them at the pharmacy.

@--}-----
    Michelle

work in your legs and ass, no more else, no arms no chest, only legs and ass

Be yourself.
    So obviously the main focus is butt and legs and some waist. Thanks you for your tips!

@Katey888 I wouldn't say I have significant body fat by any means I just think my heels are kinda thick.

@AngelaYVR Thanks for the tips! I'm sorry, I don't want to offend you, but being in this current situation I didn't find the comment on the crisis particularly helpful.

@sissy_michelle cardio, low weight, high rep squats and always consult doctor, understood!
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Kettlebell swings work the torso and glutes pretty effectively and have a good reputation for pulling the waist in. For other areas you just want to do lots of reps with low weight to get long, lean muscle as opposed to few reps with high weight which gives you large muscles.

I have started a lower body routine with focus on the glutes, hip flexors, and some thighs. I am going to see how that works for me.

Also like was suggested, I am avoiding upper body (chest and arms).
    Huggs,
    Tabitha Lynn

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I MAY be able to help your how to lose muscle mass question....i have been reducing muscle mass for a year ( i do it it spurts cause its brutal ) it requires 2 things.......lots of running...and very little carbs and protien.. sounds fun right ? ....long distance running & not eating? it works though...but be careful here is an article I wrote on it a while ago

1. Stop Eating

Seriously....go on a diet...you need to stop feeding those muscles. We all know your muscles need protein right? Well stop feeding them protein. Stick to a diet of raw fresh food like vegetables. Cut out meats completely. Occasionally during your week add beans or other sources of protein besides meat to your diet. We all know you can't cut protein out completely but cut back alot. In fact the best way to lose your muscle mass is to stop feeding your muscles. When you do this your body will start to eat away at its own muscle. Healthy?? not at all...does it work...yes it does. You have to put your body in a catabolic state.

2. Cardio

When you combine a low calorie diet with alot of cardio you create an environment for muscle catabolism. Where your body uses your muscles for food & energy to keep you moving. See a pattern here? I am in the process right now of trying to lose some upper body weight and arm muscles myself and these 2 elements combined have the greatest effect. And I am not talking about jumping on a treadmill for 20 minutes and calling it a day. I am saying you need to do some long distance running.
    Look at a Marathon runners body..long lean...yes...you need to run,run,run. For the best results it is better if you also run on an empty stomach. First thing in the morning is best before breakfast when your body is still in fasting mode from the night before. I am currently running for 60 minutes in the morning and I average about 6 miles. It is also recommended that you wait at least an hour after before you eat and not to have any proteins for at least 5 hours after your run. I know all this sounds like fun right? I recommend when you run to listen to music, make yourself a playlist that makes you feel sexy, yet inspires you to continue running. Also BUILD slowly...start with a mile a day before breakfast and increase at your own pace. Rome wasn't built in a day right. Only do this extreme running to lose your arm muscles...once you have achieved your look, if you plan on running, keep it to about 20 minutes. This workout is tough & painful but will start to show results in a few weeks. Be CAREFUL.

3. Stop Using Your Arms
    No weights in the gym. Do your best to stay away from activities that require using your arms. Have you ever noticed how if you put your arms in a cast you will lose muscle ? Same theory. Good Luck Gurls !

I love to Zumba or sometimes will play my PS3, I have a bunch of dance games that I like to dance to, mostly like the Just Dance 4, Just Dance 2014, and have the 2015 version.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Iliana,

Well 1.85m puts you at approximately 6.0 feet and your weight is approximately 147 lbs. Now average weight for a 6 foot woman is between 147 and 165 pounds so you really do not need to loose weight. As far as exercising for more curves, the cold hard reality is that it will never happen as we (men) are built differently. Yes some men can have aspects of their physiology which is more feminine such as a bigger rounder buttocks but is still proportionately guy. If you want to reduce muscle mass, my recommendation is as others have said, cardio and stick to light weights more reps when working out with weights. Stop training like a guy for certain and stick to form and function exercises. Again it really depends on your physiology and genetics as to what results you get. Just be healthy and remember, women come in all shapes and sizes.

Isha