Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any over 5'11", plus size curvy girls (Lane Bryant, Catharines)? I am :)

Any over 5'11", plus size curvy girls (Lane Bryant, Catharines)? I am :)

Do we have any/many over 5'11" or plus size girls here?
    These days we try to embrace all body types as CDs. (right?)

My journey has been in this space all my life and being a Lane Bryant-ish type CD
    has been a joy personally.

As i matured, it was simpler for me to 'pass' and even not stick out in a crowd from a distance.

So thats' my question: Are there more curvy/plus/over 5'11" girls about?

I have raised my hand to begin the conversation. My size is 18w/20w (was 24w), 6' tall and many of my outfits are ebay/LB/Catharines finds. Suits, dresses and LB jeans are the best! Shoes range from flats to 3" heels.

Your turn.

~Char
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

hi char, here's a reply from a 6' Bree CD gone onto TS, heels fine in tall company or for fun girly company, I just don't need them for usual day to day get the shopping in stuff. Usual style is leggings, and layers under warm top - it's winter in NZ

6'0" and curvy. I have no problem finding panties that fit nicely, but I've pretty much given up on clothes because I wasted too much money on items that didn't fit. I have one dress that fits okay; decided to stick more with panties and stretchier things like yoga pants that are more forgiving, size-wise.

I think I can identify with you. I'm 5-9 and 250#. I pretty well fit a size 18 or 20, and 10 or 11 shoe and 40 C bra size. I have a large round torso...beer gut, but I don't let it stop me. I've found a lot of dresses and skits at Cato's, Dress Barn, Ross and Dillard's. I've been going out in public for many years and feel I can go almost anywhere and be treated like a real lady. It's great and I just really love being out in normal life a my feminine self.

I'm 6'4" which makes some clothing too short to wear, I'm a size 10.5uk in male shoes so getting suitable sizes is a real challenge and heels certainly rule out blending as I tower over people as it is.
    I'm a size 14uk in the legs although I can get into a 12. I really just have a gut that I want to lose and I'd be fairly satisfied with myself over all

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I'm 6' around 230 so yes I think there are lot of us out there who fit that description. My wife shops Lane Bryant and Catherine's I haven't gotten anything for me there, I have several things from ebay, a bunch of stuff from Woman Within. You should check out the web site full beauty they have plus size things there. I also haunt the thrift shops when I get a chance I got two pair of really nice jeans last summer at a thrift shop for I think $4.oo.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

6'1", 210 lbs, size 14-16 legs, size 22 shoulders/top ... was 30 lbs more and size 20 hips, working on more reduction, still quite a belly to lose
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    I'm 6'4" which makes some clothing too short to wear, I'm a size 10.5uk in male shoes so getting suitable sizes is a real challenge and heels certainly rule out blending as I tower over people as it is.
    I'm a size 14uk in the legs although I can get into a 12. I really just have a gut that I want to lose and I'd be fairly satisfied with myself over all

Sarah x
    Hey Sarah! Nice to meet you ! I'm lucky to have a women's size 12 foot and enjoy a large array of style.
    Closeted Shoe hound here! My shoulders can be an issue but a separates help with a suit for example. I can upsize the jacket to 22w say and get a skirt 18-20w. No padded shoulders needed. We have different challenges and compromises like are demure and petite counterparts. It is all good fun.

Thankfully I am in fairly good shape and can blend in with a bevy of plus beauties. Sass and confidence go a long way.
    Even our walk in heels is unique. Thanks for sharing and stay in touch.

Hugs,
    ~Char

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    6'1", 210 lbs, size 14-16 legs, size 22 shoulders/top ... was 30 lbs more and size 20 hips, working on more reduction, still quite a belly to lose
    Pamela GF you got this- really! Thanks for reaching out. I'm in the 200plus club also but active and weigh-reducing as we speak.
    Let's chat sometime if only to encourage one another - i am interested in seeing you progress and support you as i can, OK? There is too much out here to enjoy and we all need to dive into the diva pool together!!

Hugs,
    Charlene
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-01-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I'm a tall girl at 6"2 and stay with shorter heels. No more the 3 inches usually. I've got the 50s pooch in my gut and hard to get rid of. I can wear a womens 18 in dresses but a 16w or 18w works good too.
    14 in jeans though love that.

I'm 6'2 265 lbs. I love Torrid. I also shop online at eshakti a lot. I can customize length and other things. Problem is, a lot of my full length dresses are measured with 3" heels. Oops. So I have a few that are too long to wear with flats.

Gwendolyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    I'm 6' around 230 so yes I think there are lot of us out there who fit that description. My wife shops Lane Bryant and Catherine's I haven't gotten anything for me there, I have several things from ebay, a bunch of stuff from Woman Within. You should check out the web site full beauty they have plus size things there. I also haunt the thrift shops when I get a chance I got two pair of really nice jeans last summer at a thrift shop for I think $4.oo.
    Oh my goodness Sarah Beth my Full Beauty card is nearly full!! They are another place to purchase nice things when you know your size well. Besides ebay, Catharines and LB are my favorite place to shop.
    Order online and sent to a store for pickup. Even have an LB card and the girls know me by real name and identity there.
    Very comfortable ppl there. Other GGs look at me funny as the staff wait on me. I'm a good customer

The shorts im wearing in my avatar are LB double weave knit suit shorts 18w. Need the matching blazer next
    I take it your SO supports your lifestyle so lucky you! My SO is not supportive but has now for years.

Thanks for sharing !
    Hugs,
    ~Char

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    I think I can identify with you. I'm 5-9 and 250#. I pretty well fit a size 18 or 20, and 10 or 11 shoe and 40 C bra size. I have a large round torso...beer gut, but I don't let it stop me. I've found a lot of dresses and skits at Cato's, Dress Barn, Ross and Dillard's. I've been going out in public for many years and feel I can go almost anywhere and be treated like a real lady. It's great and I just really love being out in normal life a my feminine self.

You look great Paula and i love your confidence. My feeling is we all need to try harder and cover more so being bold (not brash) make us unique!

Like you i have moved well past caring what others out there think and am very comfortable in who am i.
    On the other hand I step back and care for those who still need a word or more support.

Glad to meet you!
    ~Char

Hello and thanks for checking in from Kiwi land
    Glad i miss the cold winter here in the states in FL !
    Thansk for sharing Bree! All the best!

~Char
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-01-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I've shopped LB and Catherine's back when I was much much bigger and was always satisfied with my look.
    No where near as tall as you girls but being short and fat had its issues too.
    Both are great stores if you are plus sized.

Gwinnie! Torrid is right next store to my LB! Yeah i am particular about the hemline too.
    Especially with say a skirt and flats. Most of my flats are worn with jeans, shorts and a top.

My 'legshow' with a business suit or fancy dress is with heels from 2 to 3 inches.
    Knee length is comfortable for me. I dont full dress all the time but half dress (bottom dress) most of my time.

Thanks for sharing !
    ~Char

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I've shopped LB and Catherine's back when I was much much bigger and was always satisfied with my look.
    No where near as tall as you girls but being short and fat had its issues too.
    Both are great stores if you are plus sized.
    Hi Traci- in my world (imperfect one) no one is that 3-letter 'f' word! We all have issues and challenges.
    I think you height is an advantage I know for me if i could 'loose' about 3-5 inches of height i'd be closer to the average GG. So not happening for me.
    Its nice to meet you and for as long as my journey has come everyone wins here.
    We support each other.

Nice sharing with you !
    Hugs,
    ~Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    6'0" and curvy. I have no problem finding panties that fit nicely, but I've pretty much given up on clothes because I wasted too much money on items that didn't fit. I have one dress that fits okay; decided to stick more with panties and stretchier things like yoga pants that are more forgiving, size-wise.
    Hi Brandy - welcome!
    Panties can be hard since places like Full Beauty use a number like "7" for an 16/18w panty.
    I share your frustration here.

Thrift stores and ebay are your friend until you can comfortably get your size online.

Been down the road and have no better thing to say about it.

Stretchy always works right?

Hey thanks for checking in today.

All the best -
    ~Char
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-01-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

i'm 5'8'', 210
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

I'm 6' 2" and 235 lbs with size 15 (women's) feet. So I understand the challenge, I've got the fat pad in front that I can't seem to get rid of. 2" heels are about all I want, I'm already the tallest at GNO.

Hugs, Bria

Banned Read only
    im 6' ,245lbs,size 18 in plus sizes,wear a men and womens size 13 shoe,i dont do heels,bad legs..i shop at wal mart or thrift stores.

Banned Read only
    I'm six foot even and 195-198 pounds morning weight. I'm 42 inches in the chest and 38 in the waist. Am I able to find clothing that fits me other than bras and panties? You bet, but, it is not easy. Last count I have 118 dresses. Most of my dresses are bought on eBay. The biggest problem is finding a dress with a natural waist that corresponds to my waist. It's impossible. The dresses with a defined waist calling for a belt look similar to a guy pulling his pants up to his nipples. The solution for me is dresses that have an empire waist which gathers at the breasts/bra or sheaths of wraps. At my senior age dresses that are way above the knee really do not fit my style. Since most dresses are made for misses sizes (5'7") I carefully read any measurements, especially the side seam. The same for buying full slips. Knowing the length of the side seams will tell me where the dress or slip will hit at the knee. Over the last 2-3 years I have been able to find maxi summer dresses at Sears with an empire waist that hit at the top of my feet. I thought I'd never find any dresses. If an average height woman were to wear one of them, she'd be dragging the hem of the dress all over the place. Shoes are a big problem, although foot size does not necessarily correlate to just larger women.

Being larger and taller than the average women's size is a challenge, but, it is not without hope. When I was a young guy my weight was a plus with the young women. Now? Well, as a mature woman I'd really prefer being five foot seven.

Mostly in my head Hilde_Morales's Avatar
    You're my kind of girls!

I am 6'5" (1.95m) in my bare feet and size 16.
    UK11 in male shoes.

If I want to pass I'm probably going to have to use some of that forced perspective they used in Lord of the Rings.
    I kinda want to be glam and stand out, but I would've liked the standing out to have been my choice.

People seem to be generally getting taller, so by the time I'm a shrunken, decrepit old man 6'5" will probably be average for GGs.
    Then came a curious hesitation. Was my appearance really credible?
    I was grotesque to the theatrical pitch, a stage miser, but I was certainly not a physical impossibility.
    I spent some minutes screwing up the courage and then unlocked the shop door and marched out into the street.
    The Invisible Man - H.G. Wells

I am 6'2, size 18-20 in tops (due to broad shoulders and 42D w/forms), ,14 in skirts, and 13/14 in heels. Nancy

Hard to pass, isn't it? But, I keep trying as I just want to be another woman on the street. 6'1", 220lbs. Broad shoulders with a flat butt.

It's good to hear from others with similar problems. I like to see women that are tall and compare. The other day I stood behind a 6 foot flight attendant, broad shoulders, hairy arms, flat butt and manly nose, although she was very cute. Was she TG or just built that way? Either way, she was not stared at. Recently, I spied a mother and daughter just about the same as the FA. So, there are women who are actually built like us, or us like them. Gives me encouragement that sometimes we can pass good enough.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    About 5'11" to 6'0", around 270. size 11 womens shoe, size 3x 22-24. 42C/D bra size. JC Penney, Sears are two popular places i get clothes. sometimes choice can be limited. Also try Burlington. Usually wear heels around 4" most of the time, but have a pair of flats when the need arises and some wedges.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

A big Thank you to all of you that have replied to the thread.
    great showing don't you think?

It is clear that we have simliar challenges with our special requirements as plus or tall girls.

My point of this was by way of introduction there many girls like me here.

A youtube search finds very few to none and i just think the reason maybe they feel it not worth the effort.

When things calm down in my world i have some ideas that i will try there.

Girls need to represent!

<big round of applause for all the girls in this thread> woo hoo !!!!!

Hugs!
    ~Charlene

Hi from a 6'6'' Amazon. Penney's Ultra Tall collection for this girl. Sometimes I'll luck out at Catherine's or LB, but not usually.
    Joni

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm 6-2, 300#-plus, size 24 dress, size 14 or 15 shoes. Love heels and enjoy using shapewear to mold my lumpy male body into a feminine silhouette

I'm with you, charlene, at 5-11 and somewhere north of 250. I don't like Catherine's or LB so much, but I've gotten some nice things from Roaman's. They're all the same company btw.

As for shoes, I take a size 12 men's, so it's awfully hard to find anything in a women's size, but the search is never-ending LOL. Nothing higher than 3 inches for me.