Thread: Changing times

Changing times

so i read a lot of our experiences in this wonderful world, and i notice the diferences between one decade to another.
    So share us about in which decade you start crossdressing, and how you deal with the world, family, friends. Etc.

in my case i started at the 90' and even the world all ready knows about the crossdressers i didnt find confortable being a cd, my father allways said "crossdress is not a natural thing" so i never try to let my fathers i like to dress up.

Its a little hard time to me because i always need to be hide, and nobody knows about fany.

But when the next decade come everything change with the internet and a lot of information, and i finally know that i was not alone, later everything change again because a lot of friends even my wife knows i crossdress

Also location helps,
    I wouldn't recommend CDing in ISIS held areas, or in the bible belt.
    Maybe one day these areas may be safe, but not in my life time.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I started in he early 1950's. A totally different time. crossdressing was illegal and was labeled a mental illness. Outing oneself could get you beaten up my your parents, siblings or your peers. It would lead to being bullied in school or labeled a deviant person. It could also lead to being locked up in a mental hospital.

Did I ever think of coming out to anyone? Hell no!!! Very deeply closeted and believing I was a freak.

Fany, It is a very different time today.

Jodi

I guess I started in 1949..... Mom had me in a dress and didn't cut my hair. In the early fifties she painted my finger nails till dad cut my hair and put a stop to the dresses. I started back as a teenager in hose and girdles, bras n slips that mom discarded and I always carried out the trash.... They were my first stash in an out building we used for hay. The hose usually had runners but they still served me well. I quit for a while in my teen years till about my twenties I started back. After I got married I told my wife she dressed me a few times and it's been a part of me till now at 65. I've kept it a secret but knew something about it had a lure for me. Yes this Internet has changed every thing I ever thought about me just being a deranged old fart. Now I know there is a reason I enjoy my dressing.

I started at my begin teens in the begin of the 20ths. I have quit for 5 years because my mom busted me and now I started again in my early twenties. I have to hide it from everyone and my girlfriends I told, one liked it and was very supportive and the otherone broke up with me for it. I notice that there is still a spook on it and people find it wierd and strange. But that isn't stopping me from letting Anne-Sofie out and have fun when i'm home alone.

Anne-Sofie

I would certainly say so yes, either by the time I'm middle aged or at the latest if I have kids I would say a lot of people would be as knowledgeable on our situation.
    I think the biggest drawback is religion, and that's not to hate on anyone with faith here but the things I've seen said about LGB people after same sex marriage has been legalised in various countries is shocking. The U.S and the East of Europe, both parts of the western world, contain some of the most extreme Christians who spout hatred "in the name of God"

I'd like to think that if there was a god he'd be commending the world for supporting LGBT communities and other groups, simple acts of humanity. These days it seems more people are moving away from large organised religion and becoming more compassionate towards each other.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I started dressing in my early teens. Mostly my older sisters clothes. I barely ever got to dress in college, but as soon as I graduated college, I got my own studio apartment in the gay friendly area of Chicago known as Boystown. That was 1997 and this is when I first started going out dressed to the gay bars in the area. Almost 20 years later, I now have an accepting wife and I still live in the same area of the city so I can go out dressed and not have to worry too much about acceptance.

I started dressing in my mom's clothes (especially her shoes) at 9 or 10 years old. A couple of years later, puberty hit me, testosterone flooded through my veins, and dressing was all but forgotten. I even remember hating the fact that all freshmen basketball players had to dress as cheerleaders for the annual student/faculty basketball game! (How differently I might treat that opportunity today!!!)

Anyway, the desires to crossdress returned sometime after I was married, probably around age 30. Whenever my wife discarded a bra or pantyhose, I'd retrieve them and (attempt to) wear them. Quite often they were too small or too badly damaged, but the desire was there!

When the internet first became popular, I purposely did not get internet service for 2-3 years because I knew I would use it to learn more about crossdressing! Consciously, I wanted to deny what my deepest desire was craving!!! Eventually, we had to get internet (everyone was going online) and I did use the net to learn about crossdressing, crossdressers, and how I fit into it all.

After being caught a few times in bed with pantyhose on, my wife discovered me pleasuring myself while dressed in panties, a bra, and pantyhose. The cat was out of the bag for good, and I had to confess my desires to her.

That was about 10 years ago. For us, it has been a difficult issue to discuss. An uneasy truce exists, but it is far from an open, accepting environment. Still, our marriage has survived.

I started dressing in the late '60s when ever I could sneak my mothers things. When I was in 7th grade (early '70s) I was caught shoplifting my first bra. That night my father found out I was wearing panties when he went to give me a spanking and sent me to my room. The next day, my mother called me out from school (a Friday) and she made me clean out my room. I thought it was to see what else I may have stolen, but she had me get rid of all my clothes. All I had was what I was wearing, we took everything to goodwill and then went shopping. She bought me all girls clothes, jeans, slacks, blouses, t-shirts, panties, socks & shoes, everything. From that day on I wore only girls clothes. Some passes easily as boys, others were obviously girls. Monday morning she took me to school late, and we had a meeting with the principal. She had me removed from gym class and enrolled into home ec. I had a lot of teasing from the boys, the girls actually took me under their wing and kind of protected me. I always had a lot of girl friends prior as a young boy, with this, we had more in common and they didn't seem to mind. I wont say it was always easy, but it did mold me into who I am today.

early 50's for me, 6 years old and it didn't take long to learn boys don't wear dresses! Back then there was a real fear of being found out, and sent for the CURE. Electroshock was in vogue, as a cure for Trans/homosexual mental disorders. As a teen, they didn't talk about mental illness so much, but it was still a crime, to be gay or a deviant (most still didn't even know about us, or the words to describe us.) No internet, nothing available in the library, not even a definition in the dictionary. I felt like I was the only misfit in the whole world. Of course growing up in that world, I went deep into the closet 66 years latter, I'm still in that closet, and have never really felt comfortable outside of it.
    I have gone out to check out a support group a time or two, but always in drab. I go to the pride parade every year, again in drab. I've gone out for a drive a few times dressed, never stopping anywhere, I was not even comfortable in the safety of my own car at 65 miles an hour. So I have grown my closet to include plenty of space, including outdoors. But if I can go to the grave with no one knowing besides my wife, that will be OK with me.
    I'm not willing to risk my relations with family to dress publicly and I don't feel a need to anyone's approval for my actions, so I'm happy with it. But had I been born 30 or 40 years latter, I might have gone over to the other side, and stayed there.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

1945 or 1946. Both ways up hill in the snow when it was so hot you could fry eggs on the sidewalk, you bunch of whipper snappers!

Started in the 70's loved and hated up until a few years ago when i came to acceptance to let it be as it is
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Platinum Member
    I am a bit hesitant to acknowledge that my first CDing experience...or memories..go back to the '50s! So much has changed, I can't begin to list all the ways life has improved !
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I started in August 2005 (coming up on 10 years!) and found out about Tina with my wife (at age 55) so all I'be ever known is acceptance, maturity, and a wealth of Internet information. For me, being transgendered has been fantastic from the start!

I started in the early 1950s just wearing mums knickers, after a while I managed to build up quite a stash which I destroyed when I was 16 years old.

I started again but destroyed everything just before I got married for the first time, I remember I managed to go for about 18 months before I started again.

Divorced after 10 years, stopped and started a few times then got married in 1976 and managed to stop for about 2 years started again but got rid of everything in 1986. Started again in mid 86 and have continued to dress unbroken up to today.

Only been out about 3 times in the dark walking my dog.

I don't think anyone knows that I am a cd.

Jennifer. xxx
    LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS
    IT'S ABOUT DANCING IN THE RAIN.

Silver Member
    Put in panties in mid 50s at 5 or so. Liked them but didn't know what CDing was. Older sisters knew and cooperated. Became active late 50s. Had cool job and built large wardrobe working in the fashion industry. While it was illegal to go out CDing I easily passed and even went out as a girl to movies and cruising drive-ins. Was never interested in guys but covered for a gay friend. Mother finally accepted that I was not going to change. Wife has always know since we met. Now many friends know, but I almost never wear dresses today.