Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just being somebody else for awhile?

Platinum Member
    Hi Carla, I spend a lot of drab time thinking about what combination of an outfit I'm going to wear the next session.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

One person with a very broad gender continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Fiona View Post
    For me it's getting to pretend to be someone else for an evening or a day. I enjoy the idea of not having to be myself for a little while.
    I second that.

How I look at it is I deal with being a man 7 days per so many weeks in a year. I have 6 days to earn that 1 day (saturday) when I can escape my man self for a few hours, go out as one of the towns hottest girls, and have a good time for my soul before I have to tear it down and go back to man mode. Its something real women take for granted: being a woman is escapism. At least for me. Its my weekly therapy, my soul needs it, its all I have.

Thank you

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    It's probably more correct that you're this thing-we-have-no-name-for between male and female all the time but for practical reasons and for reasons of upbringing we favor expressing male.

(...)

The fact is, at least for me, when I present male it's just as much of a fiction as when I present female, I'm just better at pretending to be male. I'm reasonably sure the "stress relief "many of us say we feel when we crossdress is a function of being able to stop lying about being male for a little while.
    I feel this way, adopting a female name in English purely for shorthand and since a female with my male (English) name would be a little absurd (In Chinese, my male and female names have the exact same pronunciation but are written differently). Perhaps on my part it's less 'better at pretending to be male' than simply being more used to presenting as such. I still consider myself one intact being, the 'female mode' is there but definitely did not come optional, detachable or anything to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Are you two (or more) people?
    I tend to believe that most of us aren't 'two or more people'. Multiple personality disorder is very, very rare. That said, I'm always 'me'. I have learned to act the part of a standard issue guy; to the outside world, I show zero feminine traits as best as I can. It's an act just like any other actor puts on to do a play or a movie. I just look at it as a job, and my male clothing as my work uniform, no different from when a fireman, astronaut or deep sea diver puts on his uniform. And when I step inside my home, I stop 'working', take off my 'uniform', and wear what I feel normal wearing: Clothing made for a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Are you two (or more) people?
    No ... but my other personality is !

For me it's just the opportunity to express another aspect of myself.

I did think it was two people for a long time, but now they are merging into one. Today, I am comfortable with both.

The "Him" and the "Her" sort of killed each other a while back. There's just me now.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Further to my post, I think there is also a little hiding in dressing for me. Complete ability to allow myself to be free, express myself and also explore in the bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I tend to believe that most of us aren't 'two or more people'. Multiple personality disorder is very, very rare. That said, I'm always 'me'. I have learned to act the part of a standard issue guy; to the outside world, I show zero feminine traits as best as I can. It's an act just like any other actor puts on to do a play or a movie. I just look at it as a job, and my male clothing as my work uniform, no different from when a fireman, astronaut or deep sea diver puts on his uniform. And when I step inside my home, I stop 'working', take off my 'uniform', and wear what I feel normal wearing: Clothing made for a girl.
    Very well said, I agree 100%, I used to say I CD for fun as an escape but as I grew it became a second identity and since moving into my own place I'm learning I'm just one person just a little more complex.

Only one person but with two sets of clothes. No matter what clothes I wear I am the same person.

Carla, I see your point. Yet we are the same. For me, I may wake up, look in the mirror and say to myself, "yep your a girl today." But in reality I must wear men's clothes. But i'm still a girl at hart. I see the men who are comfortable in their skins. I have never felt that way. It was for me an issue, why am I like this. One thing can be clear though. I felt it was a gift and accomplished many things in my life. I am the same person in male or female attire. Yet I might be male or female on any given day. What a life... think i will paint my nails now...
    Part Time Girl

Carla, Yes, it seems to be that with me. An escape from the lonely,unwanted, solitary, world of being an old bachelor. In my area, no one cares a rat's snotball about the plight of a hurting, loner man. They all have their mates, kids, grandkids, have their houses. My dressing is truly and escape from the prison of being an unwanted, loner, tortured male.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-06-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Banned Read only
    My wife thinks there may be a "past life experience" influencing me. Hey, if she believes it, that's OK with me! I haven't figured it out yet.

I have fought and thought on this for years. The end result, I am one person. I am a feminine male. Least wise my internal fights say so. So the fight stopped. But now when can Christyna go play and meet some friends. More than at home in a bra panties and shorts and shirt. But this has helped the constricted feeling I have had.

Hi Carla!
    For me, the whole reason I began crossdressing was because it was a form of escapism. I am a budding actor so when I am on stage, the confidence I find with being different characters is enormous and I enjoy being these different people. But having two severely mentally ill parents is tough and I tried to find comfort by the only way I know how: being another person. So I thought, well obviously the opposite of me would be a girl! And honestly, even though I am not terribly comfortable after being Emily, the feeling of being a teenage girl with such modest confidence and self respect felt great! I would however say we're not two different people but she is an aspect of me which has not been seen in public

Emily