Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All is lost! (Sarcasm)

All is lost! (Sarcasm)

I went to a wedding this week. It was at a very conservative church. The couple are deeply conservative people of faith. I was underdressing. I think I, and a dozen women (out of over 150) were wearing pantyhose. Even the old ladies were barelegged. This is looking bleak for the hosiery industry! They will stop making them if no one buys them!! What will we crossdressers do?!?

Johanne, all is not lost! My wife wore them to dinner the other night, despite the heat, with no urging from me!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Have to stock up and hoard them I guess. Funny I was on the One Hanes web site and reading the customer comments & ratings several were from admitted CD's.
    We may be the few keeping them in business !!
    Hugs
    Samantha

I promise to uphold my end! I'll definitely keep buying my share (plus 4 or 5 other women's shares!) I love my legs in stocking and hose.

I would think that they will be flying off the shelf come fall. Women and CD's alike have to keep our legs warm some how. "Giggle"
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Banned Read only
    Johanne,
    Sarcasm or not I feel it's already gone that way as far as stockings are concerned ! I can only buy them in one very expensive lingerie shop in my town ! Supermarkets are only selling tights as are most of the high street chemist/makeup shops .
    What will a CDer do then ? Well resort to the war time practice of using an eyeliner pencil to draw a seam up the back of your legs, you will definitely need shaved legs for that to work !

I work in the city and I see women wearing stockings/pantyhose every day. I think it just depends on your location.

Aspiring Member
    Hoard! I have 2 drawers full of lasting buys! I love them also.
    Fortuneta

Teresa

There is an idea. The seam up the back of those is cool. Why buy when you can draw.
    Last edited by Sandra; 07-04-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: No need to quote the whole post for a on line reply, please read the rules about quoting posts.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I will hold up my end also, I love the look. I am disappointed when I see barelegged women or CDs. Of course, this is also the lack of skirts and dresses that I see. I can't imagine wearing less just because of a little heat, they do make them sheer after all. LOL I know, wear a short dress or skirt to compensate!!!

Hi! Well speaking from a GG's point of view, So many of us don't like them anymore. Bare, tan legged look is def in. Its liberating, free feeling not to have to wear them anymore, even fashionable. I personally only wear them if an evening event such as a wedding, New Years etc..Some GG's I know in Executive/ Higher positions do wear them with heels occasionally here in the Big City to the office. Today heading to Macys's w Kimmi to buy Hosiery, She as so many CD's loves them. So yes you all will keep them in business lol, not the GG's.
    Stacie

Banned Read only
    I have not worn pantyhose nor stockings for a very long time. It is bare legs for me. Of course, one has to learn how to take care of their legs for this to be possible. I wear dresses and skirts on a daily basis and do not miss them one little bit. So if you want them you CDers are going to have to keep the industry in business.

Gold Member
    My wife would often borrow mine, she always forgot to get them when we
    where going some place special.
    I would love the way she asked; "Honey, Do you have some Pantie-Hose i could Have"
    Now how could I ever turn her down.
    I miss her.
    Rader

I'm doing my part to keep them in business!!

I do my part to keep them going trust me, since I wear for leg support 365 days a year and sometimes for fashion I am always in leg wear of some type. My legs luv me for taking such good care of them.

Platinum Member

They Can Have My Pantyhose !

Hi Johanna, They can have my pantyhose when they cut them off my cold lifeless dead body.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    I shouldn't worry. I ladder enough stockings and tights in any given week, that my average repurchases month on month should keep the entire industry solvent for years to come. lol

Some of us who have spent most of a lifetime in technical work have developed the bad habit of looking at things as they are, not as we wish them to be. If we, as crossdressers, want to wear women's clothes we actually have to look at what women are wearing instead of what they wore in the movies of the '40s and '50s. Just as men no longer have to wear suits and ties, women no longer have to wear dresses/skirts, hose and heels (except in the workplace for some). Times have changed. Anyone wearing a skirt or dress, or a jacket and tie, is pretty much an anomaly. Sorry to take the romance out of it.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    If GG's keep dressing more & more drab and frumpy it might be up to CD's to keep the glamour in women's clothing ??
    I've said it before if I'm going to do all the work to look like a girl I'm gonna try and look as best I can.
    I'm not really interested in CDing in sweatpants & a hoodie.
    Last edited by Samantha2015; 07-05-2015 at 09:35 AM.
    Hugs
    Samantha

It could be that more females are going bare legged, especially in warmer weather, because pantyhose holds body heat and cooler legs mean more comfort.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Teresa, don't forget to stain your legs using old teabags before you draw on the seam.

I'm in the bare legs camp, at least for the summer. Nothing feels better than smooth shaved, moisturized bare legs, sandals, a thong and a short sun dress.

Banned Read only
    As long as women and cross dressing men get varicose veins hosiery will be alive and well. I think in extremely warm weather women toss all conventions out the window and dress for comfort. Way back in the olden days of the 1950's and 1960's rarely did you see a woman without a hat on at church. And, even in summer bare shoulders were a no-no.

Joanne, how many women at that conservative church were showing bare shoulders? At my daughter's wedding which was held in a February all the women, and, I do mean all, were wearing dresses and hosiery. I think it depends on time of year and who the women may intend to impress.

I do my share of keeping the hosiery manufacturers cranking out the goodies. And, yes, I;ve seen reviews of hosiery where the person is a declared cross dresser.

I'll do my part to keep them in business. Gets cold on the Praries in the winter.

I'm guessing go bare legged?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning