Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you accepted the fact you are a transvestite?

Have you accepted the fact you are a transvestite?

Despite my false bravado I have sometimes posted on this site (that's not me in my sig, and I'm sorry to the other member's for trying to be an "internet someone" I'm not ) it hit me the other day;

With the sig other out of town I noticed the first thing I put on after a shower was my skanky girly sissy clothes.

I like to look at my self in the mirror with no make up and short hair and I look good. I still haven't gone out in public like this in a long time. Don't know if I want to. I'm dressing for me because I like the way it looks and feels.

I'm a transvestite; whether part time or full time I will always be a transvestite. This urge is part of who I am. Still some days hard to accept.

Until there is a DSM approved scary sounding name like it that really means non-passing man in a dress Transvestite is the closest match and will have to do.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    Joining the forum finally brought all the pieces together and a complete acceptance of being a transvestite ( crossdresser, whatever label you choose to use !) losing the shame and guilt, accepting it's for life and adopting a name . After all these years it's not pretense I have a feminine side that has needs and hiding that has looking back done so much harm to me mentally . I can't put all that right now but just being open about it and being accepted would help a great deal at the moment .

Thank you

Im dawning the wig and make up tonight, with my toes painted pink in some nice 3" open toed heels and a little slip dress. It feels weird being raised to 5 9" on these heels. feels like Im going to fall over ! I like the feel of long hair down my back. Im thinking Swiss miss later... as the blond wig matched my normal hair...

Maybe I can be at one with my girly legs/arms and narrow feminine feet...
    Last edited by LexiNexi; 07-05-2015 at 01:27 AM.

I am me i just like girls clothes better than boys

If you mean accept that I dress - I do (labels are not important)

It would be a tough one for anyone here to deny very forcibly, Lexi....

Yes - I think I accepted this at first some decades ago but it has grown to be a more complete acceptance as I have grown in confidence - what we need to do might be 'wrong' in society's view, but that's myopic and restrictive in perspective... we don't practice this as a choice, although we do have a choice of how we do it. And yes, some days self-acceptance still seems to waiver for me - society exerts a strong influence...

I don't object to the expression transvestite - I think it's better accepted here in the UK and Europe than the US - but I prefer trans* as it does seem to gather transvestite, transgender and transsexual in a more inclusive, if still contentious, grouping.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

By the time I joined this site, I've labeled myself with every term in the book.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lexi,

While I have accepted who I am "Transgender" I am not a big label fan as I consider myself a person first and foremost and gender is something we are assigned at birth and/or choose later in life. However, not a big fan of the word "transvestite" for no real particular reason other than it drums up visions of Tim Curry with crazy blue eye shadow, garters, heels and a horrible hairstyle. I know, I know seems a bit shallow but , whenever I talk to people about being transgender, the older ones (my generation) tend to default to their only frame of reference "so you are like Frankenfurter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Cheers

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 07-05-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Banned Read only
    Isha,
    Why don't you give it a go you may enjoy the change of style ! I've never made that connection perhaps my wife has , but then she's probably made several connections she 'd rather not talk about !

seeing as a transvestite is a person who transitions into the vestments of the "other sex", assuming binary gender ... then how can a CD'er not accept it? However, a TS would not be a transvestite, they would be wearing the clothes according to the gender they feel they are.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Next time someone asks:
    "so you are like Frankenfurter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show"?
    Give them:
    No ..... nothing like him ... he's from Transylvania.

===============================

I'm not much of a man by the light of day,/ but by night I'm one hell of a lover!

What's not to love about Rocky Horror.

Frank gave the world permission to be ......................... sensual.

My self acceptance of my crossdressing seems to come and go like my urge to dress does at times.

While I prefer the term crossdresser, yes I accept that I am a transvestite.

I accept that I am transvestite (my preferred term, but I use "crossdresser" in this forum because it seems to be the preferred term here.) But transvestite only describes my behavior -- I'm still trying to figure out who/what I am. I don't believe there's a word for it yet. Whatever it is, I accept it but I'm still questing to find out what it is.

Call it whatever - I like to dress in women's clothing from time to time. Sometimes just the underwear that I can conceal and sometimes in private in full female garb. Transvestite? Crossdresser? Transgender? I don't know but I guess I'm one.

I've accepted that fact 50 some years ago Lexi. And have been happy with it all these years.
    Angie

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Let me be brief: Yes.

Silver Member
    Come on Skipper.
    I'm not gonna dress up like a girl!
    You can't make me,
    You can't make me!

Seriously though, I think it's a prerequisite on some level to actually signing up for an account here. Unless of course one is here to troll.

Of course the trolls didn't realize that getting an account here has exposed them and now they have trans cooties. The never walk past the lingerie section without turning their heads again. Ha ha ha ha!

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Crossdressers, yes. I came to terms with that a long time ago. Transgender, yes, however only more recently as it seemed to be the umbrella which best encompassed my gender issues. Transsexual, not so much... Yet. Perhaps time and therapy will tell.

However I've never associated with the word transvestite. For some reason it conjures up mental images of sleazy parts of town, poorly dressed and made-up men in the prowl for other men. But that may just be a pop-culture artifact.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

In a word, yes. Probably like most of us, i had a hard time at first. As i grew older and began to understand "me" i came to embrace the fact that i am transgendered. I am comfortable with it.

Bree

This is my addiction to wear woman cloths, I can't sleep without it.
    I am proud to be a transgender/cross dresser.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have only seen snippets of Rocky Horror and find it rather disgusting and why its so popular I have no clue.
    Transvestite? I don't care for the term because of the perceived sleaze factor.
    I am transgender and I accept it.

I just tell anyone who asks politely that I am part of the trans community.

The details are my business unless they need to know or it affects them in some way.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yes, most definitely a transvestite, or to use the neologism, cross dresser. Many years ago I accepted that I have been this way since I was around five years old. I am happy to be a transvestite and I regret nothing of my transvestite past.

Remember "Gay Pride", how about "Transvestite Pride"?