Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you accepted the fact you are a transvestite?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have accepted it a long time ago....own it, enjoy it, and make the best of it.

As far as the word transvestite...to me it's old school....not many people use it anymore not to mention i think its nasty..not professional either ( it was though) .....
    i will use the word tranny once in a while to make fun of my friends and say things like omg look at that tranny train wreck or something if they get a little silly & sloppy...but thats about it..more of a joking term......

the more i dive into the cd/tg world though i find i cant even relate to the term crossdresser anymore .....they jokingly say the difference between a tg and a cd is 5 years...and im kinda starting to agree with that....

About 6 months before I realized I was unique, I had determined to no longer label people (racist issues with family). So when my wife helped me figure out that I have both genders within me, I decided I would not label myself, other then I am me. And I don't really care what others want to call me!

I hate that word.

I equate the term transvestite with one who wears women's clothing for sexual gratification. I am so much more than that and truthfully find the term demeaning.

Not sure what 'label' I'd apply to myself. I'm a guy who has a very strong feminine personality and am happiest when dressed as a woman. Is there a term for that?

Jackie

Yes I am a transvestite, I have experienced being with a male as a woman (trans). He sure showed me the other side and how to please him. Now I am in a monogamous relationship. I'm still a transvestite and love it. I really do not like the term cross dress but we use it. We are the T in LBGT.
    Part Time Girl

Yes, absolutely I am comfortable with who I am and I am liking it more all the time. I am really starting to get out a lot more whenever I want to enfemme now that I am retired.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Yeah, transvestite here! Although when I hear the term transvestite I think Rocky Horror Picture Show more than how I like to dress up. I generally try to emulate a female, not be as extravagant as in that movie. In the vanilla world both terms transvestite and crossdresser seem to be interchangeable though, which is too bad

trans·ves·tite
    transˈvesˌtīt,tranzˈvesˌtīt/Submit
    noun

a person, typically a man, who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex.
    synonyms: drag queen, cross-dresser, female impersonator;

seC2Yg3LqwJcZuQqpGVt_mLAZA30EuLM_h0FBKYlmp8.jpeg

Yep...that's me!
    Cara

I do not prefer the word Transvestite.... I prefer MTF Crossdresser or Transgender.

Transvestite is one of those words that kind rolls off the tongue and just sounds cool.

When I was a teenager and found out I was a transvestite, I thought it was kind of a cool label. Unfortunately, not from Transylvania. Am I the only one who found that movie erotic?

Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    Thank you

Im dawning the wig and make up tonight, with my toes painted pink in some nice 3" open toed heels and a little slip dress. It feels weird being raised to 5 9" on these heels. feels like Im going to fall over ! I like the feel of long hair down my back. Im thinking Swiss miss later... as the blond wig matched my normal hair...

Maybe I can be at one with my girly legs/arms and narrow feminine feet...
    Try being almost 6' tall and donning 6" stillettos!!!

I suppose I've accepted that I'm a crossdresser since I bought my very first wig.. before that I tended to view it as "Just liking the clothes" or whatever.. and I tend not to go for labels..

I am me.. and I am happy. that is all that matters to me.. and none of it should matter to anyone else

I equate the term transvestite with one who wears women's clothing for sexual gratification. I am so much more than that and truthfully find the term demeaning.
    Not sure what 'label' I'd apply to myself. I'm a guy who has a very strong feminine personality and am happiest when dressed as a woman. Is there a term for that?

Jackie

My sentiments exactly. But expanding on that; usually I don't get too hung up on words. However they do have meaning. Transvestite, I think, conjures up a rather stereotypical and often times demeaning description of who we are. If you are comfortable in using that term to describe yourself fine. But I struggled long and hard before finally accepting my female side and allowing her to grow. I think transgender is a much more appropriate term for me since it reflects my strong female persona.

I'm a transvestite. I've tried them all, but 'transvestite' is the only label I'm willing to own.

I have no feminine side. I'm a guy who likes to wear a wide range of clothing.
    Last edited by Robert; 07-13-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    I’m not wearing women’s clothes.
    I bought them. I’m wearing my clothes.
    Eddie Izzard

Aspiring Member
    I don't like the term, to put it bluntly; the stereotypical image the word projects doesn't click well. As far as my acceptance of being a transvestite (if I am one at all) goes, I'm nowhere near there even though I consider myself on the way. Not sure if it's a process or an outcome though. But I'm sure it's much more than the clothes.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 07-13-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Banned Read only
    transvestite was the only label i knew til 99,when i came out to my so before we got married it was the only term out there for us other then transsexual. ive always excepted this term even though i like to dress like a girly girl.

Aspiring Member
    I'm a transvestite, and I love it. I'm not bothered about the terminology (transvestite, or cross-dresser - they both mean the same thing)
    I'm in my fifties and I've been a transvestite since I was about 10. I don't think people used the term cross-dresser when I was that age, so I've always thought of myself as a transvestite. (I do hate the word "tranny" though - it just sounds very seedy to me. Plus that's what we used to call transistor radios when I was a kid)

Banned Spammer
    Well, I am quite sure I am very late on this thread, and what I say will have already been repeated or chewed to death, so take this as another supportive voice in the din of the crowd: I accepted myself a long time ago - it's the rest of the world that has proven the hard part. I learned to keep things inside, have very tough skin, never show doubt fear or pain, be a man, and wind up in an agony of self destruction as a result.

If I am being thoughtful, then my best advice would be γνῶθι σεαυτόν - or 'know thyself'. With that, the fear of the judgment of others begins to fall away in favor of your own self reliance, and that is a worthy goal.
    Last edited by Belle Cri; 07-29-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Banned Read only
    I came out to myself as bisexual about 15 years ago. I came out to myself as a crossdresser about 5 years ago. About 12-18 months ago I checked various definitions within our community and determined what fits is the notion of being transgender, but somewhere towards the crossdressing end of the spectrum. I have never felt that I am in the wrong body and have no plans to transition. That said, my personality is maybe somewhere around 80%/20%, male to female; no more than that I would guess. However, that is enough for me to derive pleasure from dressing and presenting as female. As far as I can see, though, doing that 24/7 all that time seems to be far more than what I need.

So yes, I have gotten fairly comfortable with the state of things; even to the point where I'm planning on a big Reveal in mid-October.

DeeAnn

Society still , and may always look on this as deviance. Religion does too. But, we need to accept we have this strong desire, that seldom goes away, without letting it control us, and get us hurt.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I'm a private dresser, so it's easier for me. It was pretty much hmm let me try this. Hey this feels nice. Think I'll keep doing it. Now I have a spare bedroom half devoted to it.

Guilt or shame never came into it. I credit a long life of exploration that did involve other people- BDSM and indulging my bi side that emerged aggressively in my 30s.

Having some feminine me time at home to relax? Pfft.