Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you accepted the fact you are a transvestite?

We are who we are. It often takes us time for us to accept who we are. Me? It only took 53 years, but yes, I do accept that I am a crossdresser.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

in the bar last night I noticed that I was the only person that was not in some form of transition. Not ts, not homosexual, not transsexual, not on HRT and Not awaiting any surgeries. So although the label 'transvestite' is one that makes the hair stand up on the back
    of my lace front wig, perhaps that's exactly what I am. A "tranny" in every sense of the word. I'm older now so the word doesn't hurt as much and whatever stigma society puts on it's connotation, it most definitely applies to me.
    I have accepted this fact so I may as well live in the skin that God has gave me.

dana

I can and now be very comfortable in saying i am somewhere in the TG/CD/TS umbrella I proud of you all in assisting me in this and another site, but it was good to accept who i am and i am happy knowing after 50ish years of not really living.
    Now lets go shopping !

Erika

Aspiring Member
    OK, I get it that there is a split and some of us love the word "transvestite" to define us. But I still can't get something out of my mind when I hear the word. Now, don't get me wrong - I love this song. But, as fun as it would be, I really don't think it's me (LOL).

https://youtu.be/lwUjJXxoGy4

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis08 View Post
    ...As a fellow member (NicoleScott?) said in another thread, the word "transvestite" sounds professional while crossdresser sounds amateurish.
    If we look t it like that, then Transgender is a) More inclusive as it brings all the names or labels under one umbrella term, and b) it sounds far more "professional," albeit a little more clinical. But that too gives credence to what it means, and it lacks that schlock so often associated with transvestite.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I think and feel much better today about it. I always thought something was wrong with me (maybe there is) but, i had heart to heart with me over the last few weeks. Talked to my wife today, and finding this sight, i have finally decided yes i am at peace with who iam. Thank the Great Spirit. In other words if you dont like me, look away or leave. I am me, kinky, crazy fem guy and all.
    My regret, i didnt decide to say f... off before now.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Yes i have accepted my cross dressing It took along while but im there and so much more at peace with myself now

I never became accustomed to the term "transvestite". If I label myself at all I say I'm a crossdresser, however I have come up with a term that fits be better than any that the medical profession has come up with. I call myself "bi gender" because I'm comfortable with my true gender, and the feminine one I portray.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I ma surprised in 20 years I can not remember having someone refer to me as a transvestite or even thinking of myself as a transvestite. I will admit that it does fit with who I am better then transgender or transsexual but I do agree that I know a lot of people get the wrong images with that word. I am to the point i really do not care as much about that what people think or call me as long as I can be happy with who I am.

Lexi I have been a long time member here and I believe I am who I am a Crossdresser or the political name Transvestite, I have been like this since I was a Child and Now at my age of 66 it is part of my being and living as one and other members have stated its my means of expressing who I really am and don't care what anyone thinks. To express myself as one in public I am not trying to deceive anyone just me being me. This is a Very good blog Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by drushin703 View Post
    in the bar last night I noticed that I was the only person that was not in some form of transition. Not ts, not homosexual, not transsexual, not on HRT and Not awaiting any surgeries. So although the label 'transvestite' is one that makes the hair stand up on the back
    of my lace front wig, perhaps that's exactly what I am. A "tranny" in every sense of the word. I'm older now so the word doesn't hurt as much and whatever stigma society puts on it's connotation, it most definitely applies to me.
    I have accepted this fact so I may as well live in the skin that God has gave me.

dana
    this is how I feel.

I got to also add, in a similar vein, that I look around my small town at my peers and people I've known for years, and my family, and a lot of my inlaws, and most of my friends on the internet, and I am apparently the only one who is not drinking alcohol, doing drugs, or taking prescription meds for mental and emotional problems. I think being happy in my own skin, and having to learn the hard way how to be happy in my own skin, plays a huge part on that.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Banned Read only
    It took a long time to come to terms that I enjoy wearing women's clothing and emulating a woman. It's more than just wearing a woman's garment. It also trying to appear as a woman with makeup and a wig. Yes, a wig. If I was still in my 20's or 30's when I had thick wavy blond hair I would be able to create a youthful short and sassy look. I saw some nice short hair on the American women's soccer game today. As a child of the 1960's I thought wearing women's clothing on occasion had some deep meaning as to my sexuality. Much confusion. Back in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's I'd say almost everyone would say any man wearing women's clothing was gay, although THAT term was not yet co-opted by the homosexual community.

It took awhile, but, I finally was able to put together who and what I was and who and what I was not.

Yes I've accepted that I'm a crossdresser and prefer that term. I will never pass and just enjoy wearing clothing made for women.

Not only have I accepted that fact (being a TV) but I embrace it!!!!!! I feel better about myself when I am dressed or even partially dressed. I feel I'm me when my female persona comes out and my male persona goes somewhere very far away(hoping to never return).

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I've been a TV for many many years. Only within the last 20 or so have I become a CD. Times change I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member

It's Just Who I Am & It's Just What I Do !

Hi Lexi, You can hang whatever label you want on me, I'm just a man that enjoys dressing and looking like a lovelylady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm with Lexi and Blue Orchid.

Reality Check
    I really don't like that term but I have accepted the fact that I am a crossdresser.

I use crossdresser to describe me. I guess transvestite is a bigger commitment, and my life does not have the time to dress more. I also still like my male side a lot with many many people who know me in my male side.

When you start accepting, you can stop therapy and spend that money on clothes, shoes........

When I was much younger, trying to come to terms with all this that was the term that was used to describe what I did.
    At that point, Yes, I was a transvestite by strict definition, one who dresses in the clothing of the opposite sex.

Now that I am older and have accepted myself and grown as a person I know that this is much more for me than simply wearing clothes of the opposite sex. I've also seen the term *******ized. Rather than just refer to what someone does it is used to degrade by those who do not understand what we do and what we feel and what we have gone through.
    I am simply ME and much of the time this is who I am, how I dress and most importantly, how I feel. I don't need a description beyond that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Without bothering to quibble over terms, yes I have accepted myself.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm 50 this year and I dress every chance I get .the older I get the more I want to dress .Transvestite does it for me ..I find it quite erotic word in my peverse brain .

The thread's about accepting yourself or not. The transvestite/crossdresser label argument has been beat to death already.

Hell-o Lexi,
    The only problem I have with the term transvestite is it's actual Latin translation.
    If this were just about wearing women's clothing for me, I'd be fine with it.
    But what of everything else? The, wig, breast forms, makeup, perfume, fake nails,
    all the other things. that aren't necessarily items of clothing? And what about all the
    things we do to present as close to passable as possible.
    Transvestite, and crossdresser are both partially correct, but neither of the terms seem to cover it all.
    I know who I am, and what I do. Other people can label me anyway they please.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!