Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Social Media are you all on?

I am on FB as my male self. I have a fetlife profile, and a few pics up on my flickr page. both fem.

For those of you who are on FetLife, do you find it to be a useful way to make local crossdresser acquaintances? I'd like to meet some locals, but I'm not interested in seeking sex/"play" partners (I'm married, so I'm all good on that front). Would a FetLife profile be useful for someone who's interested solely in making friends (and just friends)?

By the way, I mentioned having a Facebook profile; anyone from here, please feel free to add me as a friend there! If you search for me by name, I shouldn't be hard to find.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I'm on Facebook as Lisa and here when my computer works.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine Quinn View Post
    For those of you who are on FetLife, do you find it to be a useful way to make local crossdresser acquaintances? I'd like to meet some locals, but I'm not interested in seeking sex/"play" partner
    Fet life is all sex.....im not on it but a few of my gal pals are......they keep facebook clean and do the dirty deeds on fetlife.......HERE is a great place to meet like minded girls, so is facebook, if you are smart and avoid the kinky corners.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I'm on a few forums like this one but other than that I can't see any reason to be on the so called "social media" what I do as Sarah or in my male life I can communicate to those I want to know without that.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

not on facebook but on some forums. i largely dont have time for social media as i lead a pretty busy life.

As for fetlife, you really have to state who and what you are looking for. I think it is possible to meet local cders, but the site is mainly for kink and you know what!! I sort of think of it as entertainment in a way.

Point taken regarding FetLife. I've seen a few folks in some other forums recommend it as a possible place to make social, friendly connections with local crossdressers, but it certainly was my impression that friendly connections aren't what the site is primarily about! In the same vein, TSMeet got recommended to me; I signed up and, lo and behold, it's just a front site for Adult Friend Finder! I'm not prudish by any means, but what AFF is selling isn't what I'm looking for. Even my state crossdressers group on Facebook tends to have lots of posts from folks (both crossdressers and "admiring" men) seeking hookups.

I sent some Facebook friend requests to those in this thread who welcomed/invited them; my own social networking info is now in my signature!

I loathe 'social' media!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fetlife, Twitter, G+, FB, Pintrest, Instagram.

None!

I ridded myself of such nonsense long ago.
    Just Roll With It

Just here , Google Plus and Pinterest I deleted my facebook account .
    Please Call Me Mandy

I'm on a bunch of sites but none are that great for actually connecting with a like-minded local community. Of course, this site is best for the greater CD community not necessarily the trans community. If you are into going out, meetup.com seems to offer the most possibilities. At least that's the case in the Philly/Mid-atlantic area. I used to be on facebook but it's constantly trying to link your data with other sites which is worrisome. Plus, facebook now has facial recognition - more worrisome.

here, Facebook and Twitter

Here and Experience Project.

I am on a few like Google +, Fetlife, TV Chix, Transtastic, Flickr, Alt.com etc.
    I was also on Facebook but I was blocked as I wasn't "real" enough for them.
    Hey-ho!

My other self has a FB page which I use infrequently and I only allow family and close friends to join. I don't visit it very often as I find it to be a time waster. I am always amazed at those who are always posting trivia about themselves. Where do they find the time?
    I observe lots of people walking on the street and so absorbed in whatever is on their phone, which probably includes checking social media. I wonder if they notice anything around them and if criminals look upon them as good victims for a street robbery. There is a fascinating World beyond that little screen.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007447217861

I'd be happy to friend anyone from this site.

I'm on this site, Men Wear Bras, and Experience Project.
    EP has been my main social site for two years, but I'm becoming more active here and less so on EP, as their new format is a big hassle.

Here now, Google+ (never really use it), and I think I signed up at fetlife and have never been back. I have a hard enough time managing my guy life!

Facebook, Pinterest is great for tips and fashion ideas

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    I do FB as Ana and a separate account for my male self. If anyone wants to be FB friends with Ana, send me a PM. (I'm uncomfortable with posting a link here).

I did send friend requests to Sarah RT and Adrianna Moretti...........

I have been on fetlife for 7 years now as genderfluid. I have femme profiles on pinterest, tumblr, and here.
    Lydia

"Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood."
    -Marie Curie

I don't have any social medias for my crossdressing. This is the only place I share that with hehe!

I'd be scared someone would link them somehow!!!

Banned Read only
    None what so ever. I'm a totally private person. My wife is has a Facebook account. She keeps me up to date with the family...none of which has any significance. Just a lot of idle talk. If someone in the family wants to chat with me take me out for a cup of coffee.