Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Identity - How do you feel?

Gender Identity - How do you feel?

Do you feel like you should have been a woman? Are a woman? Do you feel like a man but want to feel like a woman? Somewhere in between? Somewhere else entirely?

I'm interested to see the spectrum we encompass.

For myself, I feel male and don't think I should have been otherwise. I do like dressing in women's clothes and wouldn't mind pulling off a full make over once in awhile.

Reality Check
    I am a straight crossdresser and while it might be interesting to be a female for a while (if it were possible to swap bodies with my wife for a week or two), I am a man and always have been. I don't really know what it would feel like to be a woman.

I'm in the last third of my life and have finally accepted the "real me" so to speak. I have always wanted to be a girl but have stifled that thought(s). I feel soooo much more comfortable when I am partially or fully dressed, in the company of women, thumbing through women's magazines looking at the current fashion trends etc etc. The sad part (for me) is that even if I could drastically change everything about my outward appearance I would still be considered a male(by birth). I have tried to emulate the female persona but can not even comprehend the thought patterns, feelings and overall female conceptions. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT HESITATION DO THESE THINGS. I really want to be a girl!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I'm just myself. I love dancing and performing en femme but also en homme. I guess it's just my nature to have fun being who I am. Recently I decided to take a break from dressing en femme for awhile and enjoying dressing en homme. Of course I always have the freedom to return whenever I wish.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I am female.

Last edited by Katey888; 07-07-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Video link reinstated :)

I was born male, I am male and I most likely always will be but through some process of chemistry my brain has given me a back seat driver that's female. I look at myself as bi gendered, not androgynous but distinctly two separate genders, 1 more dominant than the other

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

Right now it depends on the day/week/month. Sometimes I identify as a woman and present accordingly while other times I identify as a man and present accordingly. In essence, still trying to figure it out.

Cheers

Isha

Just like with Isha, I'm still trying to figure it out. I used to think I was only interested in crossdressing but I've been finding out that I'm probably somewhere else on the transgender spectrum. What that means? I'm not sure. I don't plan on going SRS but I'm interested in hormones as I believe I do have a mild gender dysphoria. For now, I'm just me who doesn't always conform to gender stereotypes.

Female who unfortunately happens to have XY chromosomes, but is working hard to correct the outward expression of the wrong genes.

The trouble with a question like this is that we have to then look at what some of us don't want to look at, and what we don't know the answer to, or don't want to know. If we have not questioned it, it's cos we believe in the physical evidence until we start to look at other evidence, to look at social things. For example, I've always had great intuition, causing surprise in others, but if I'd a female body probably it would be put down to "feminine intuition". I prefer female clothing, have read the odd romantic novel and liked it, I do seem to identify better with female characters and with women, I get on better with women than men. I am indeed finally starting to wonder if perhaps I have a female brain in a male body.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I AM ME! And I like who I am!

I don't really feel as if I want to be a woman. If I did I would have followed the path Caitlyn Jenner is following. I do feel that I want to express myself in a feminine way not only by dressing but in other things. I feel more comfortable in a feminine environment and avoid masculine environments. Another example is that I really enjoy having my bedroom look very feminine.

Well born a male, under duress of synthetic estrogen with a female and male brain. Must say that I have felt female many times and also male many times. Get along better with women. Like the company of men. Body much like a female and it was hard to be comfortable as a male. Yet I think it is better to be male than female. It is easier for a male to get things done. Yet many times when I was most male, the girly part would kick in. Thinking both male and female gives one some strange thoughts and had to really focus to accomplish things. For the strangeness in me, I considered it a gift early on and used my creation and art ability to create. I must say that letting my female side of my brain take over, it is harder for my male side. But some mantras and focus helps me get back to male. I could say that I have never been totally comfortable in my skin. I have always thought that as a female I would have accomplished many things also.
    I could exist in any of the two modes. For now it is male part time. My hair is long and when I look in the mirror, I think I look prettier as a girl than a handsome man.
    Part Time Girl

I am male - always will be but seriously would like to experience being female and always have ........................Debra

Aspiring Member
    I feel as if my personality involves both Yin and Yang.

....yin and yang (also, yin-yang or yin yang) describes how apparently opposite or contrary forces are actually complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. (ref: Wikipedia)

Ineke
    Last edited by Ineke Vashon; 07-07-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I'm a man born male and don't desire to change that, if I could be a women for a time yes it would be interesting but I know this is who I am. A man who enjoys the fun the excitement of dressing up when I can oh and of course shopping

To Many Way to many Different age groups here to answer correctly , Because if you would have ask me this 10 years ago I would have given a different answer than I would today. And I know for a fact that all who answered are dead serious in there answer and they are positive about there answer at this time.

But we all have different reactions to hormones in our bodies and some lose T earlier than others that is why we transition at different times,, To much T will alter our decision to transition or not too. Hormones are a Powerful thing for sure. An we can answer one way today and have a different answer later.

So be careful what you say today for the Crow may be in your own mouth before you know it,,lol,,,,

i would have said i'm 30 or 40% female, then i did an interesting questionnaire, it scored masculinity and femininity, in a way i didn't expect. 100 being average, i scored 94 for mass and 94 for fem. I am a man who loves to feel femme.

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie, I'm just a regular guy that loves dressing like a lovely well dressed lady.

I like having the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I frequent this part of the forum because I'm a crossdresser in the eyes of society in my part of the globe. If non conforming gender expression by males was accepted and heck even encouraged I may not cross dress to pass just cause I want to express femininity through my appearance.

Mostly like you Julie, with a little bit of Pamela, and maybe a bit more of Sara.

I'm a male, don't want to be female. I now wear skirts, pretty much full time, with male tops, even at work where I deal with the retail public. Oddly enough, I think I'm getting more respect as a guy now. Do want to express some parts of me that others would describe as female, or feminine. Disagree that those parts are specific to the female gender. Another way of saying it is that I reject the "Macho male" thing. Like being with females generally, but don't like excessively "girly girls" Dislike women that come over all helpless. Need something from the top shelf and you're 4'11"? Sure! Need another pair of hands, or someone who can lift something heavier than your bodyweight? OK! ( Having said that, I work with more than a few women that have better grip strength, and a couple that can outlift me ) Tell me that you have no clue how to something and you're not capable of learning? Well now....Dislike Macho male types even more. Don't feel totally comfortable with very camp guys, though through exposure it's got a lot better lately.

I get a kick out of some of the clothing, in addition to it being more comfortable. I am becoming interested again in actually trying a full makeover. ( Never have dressed fully as, a female. Curious to see if it has any effect ) Continually thinking about clothing techniques and structure. Want to come up with some new ideas in clothing types, something that is obviously male, but with elements that people will identify as coming from the female side. The effect I'm aiming for is '"Whoah! That's... actually that looks really good! Why has nobody tried that before?"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    Female who unfortunately happens to have XY chromosomes, but is working hard to correct the outward expression of the wrong genes.
    Dianne summed it up perfectly. Female but with an unfortunate Chromosomal mix up. Which I can correct on the outside at least.

For myself, I see myself as a male with some definite female aspects to my personality. I live most of my life as a male, and probably would only rarely tip past the 50% point in terms of time spent as a female in any given week. But I love dressing up and presenting as a female and being acceped as a female by those around me. I suppose the term 'gender fluid' fits me. My mental gender shifts occasionally to the feminine, though it always reverts eventually back to male. When I present as female, I try very hard to pass. I want people to accept me as a female, and often I do get that acceptance, even though they may realize I am genetically a male.

I am agender femme. Underneath any gender expression/role/personality, there is a void where gender would be? Do I want to be called male? Nope! Does being called a woman fit? Nope again! I am neither of these. I don't feel any gender.

My personality? I would say is more 'feminine' than 'masculine'.

My expression? I am getting more comfortable in public with more androgenous clothing, but Id rather be feminine. It takes a lot of mental effoet now to wear a 'male' tshirt. I can barely stomach with guys pants or formal guys tops anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I am a straight crossdresser and while it might be interesting to be a female for a while (if it were possible to swap bodies with my wife for a week or two), I am a man and always have been. I don't really know what it would feel like to be a woman.
    I have to agree. As a matter of fact I thought I was reading my own words when I read this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!