Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ER visit today a non-event, despite shaved body and wearing panties

ER visit today a non-event, despite shaved body and wearing panties

I'm at an age where if I have symptoms that might be an early warning indicator for a heart attack, it's better to be safe than sorry. Though my heart has been healthy so far, and I have never had high blood pressure, being prone to heart problems does run in my family. So when I had a tight feeling in my chest all night that wouldn't go away, had trouble getting to sleep, and awoke still feeling tightness in the chest plus nausea and anxiety, I woke up my daughter and trundled myself with her off to the emergency room, just to be safe.

Now I've been under dressing with panties full-time for well over two years, and I'd be hard pressed to even find a pair of male underpants. I threw most of them out, long ago, and may well have already packed the few I kept. And I've been shaving all over for a few months, and just a couple days earlier I had done a pretty thorough full-body shave - arms, legs and torso. I just shrugged, put on a non-lacy pair of gray bikini panties under my jeans and short sleeved dress shirt, and went anyway. I needed to get checked out, and if someone noticed or commented, I wasn't going to let it bother me.

They had me strip to my shorts and socks and put on a gown, but I had some privacy for that. So as it happened, no one saw the panties anyway.

But they also did an EKG on me, which meant they attached leads to my lower legs and all over my chest, so they got a very good look at how clean shaven my body, arms and legs were. The male nurse that hooked me up and did my blood work; the female doctor that attended me; the two male x-ray techs that took care of me; and the lady that dealt with my admissions paperwork and payment for services never said a word about me having no body hair.

As it happened, it was a false alarm for the heart attack. Probably a combination of acid reflux (which I do have on occasion) and muscle strain from packing some heavy stuff the prior day into a cargo pod for our upcoming cross-country move. The stress of preparing for that move likely also contributed to it. But the blood tests, EKG and chest x-ray all gave me a clean bill of health, and I was feeling fine by the time I left.

We worry a lot about what people will say when they notice the things we do to look more like our preferred gender presentation. But most people really don't notice as much as we fear they might.

All medical workers have a professional code of conduct which must be followed. It doesn't stop anyone from thinking something, just saying it. Seeing shaved legs is pretty low on the interest scale for most. Glad it was a false alarm for you, always best to have it checked if unsure.

Glad to hear everything checked out alright.
    If there is any place that I could be where I was caught with my "pants down", it would be at a hospital. There probably isn't much that medical professionals haven't seen.

My daughter spent some time as an e/r nurse in an area with a fair amount of gay population , she told me of some of the "extractions" and I thought omg how embarrassing that must have been so panties would be a bit of a walk in the park I imagine , glad to hear you are ok as we get older the health worries increase
    hugs phylis anne

I recently had a heart bypass operation, (doing great thanks), and was told to have some loose fitting bedwear. None of the male PJs we saw seemed to fit the bill so my wife bought me a couple of button through nighties, and I wore them. Nobody at the hospital seemed to take any notice or be at all bothered. And the biggest plus, I now have around 7 nighties to choose from, all bought with my wife, and have sent all the male PJs to the charity shop.

Ceera, I think you might be right. I find that a lot of the fear is really only in a CD's mind. When my SO and i are out, i try and observe everyone's reactions to her and i mostly see guys just checking her out. I might be wrong, but i think all it needs is to it just be comfortable with who you are.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ceera,

I am glad everything is okay. I think most people don't really care or if they do they have the good graces to keep their comments to themselves and most medical professionals will act accordingly and just get on with business.

Cheers

Isha

I am glad that it was a false alarm on your heart. Knowing the doctors and nurses as we have both in our family, they never would say anything in front of anyone but later at coffee break time you might have been discussed... I wouldn't worry about it though as they are suppose to keep anything they may see to themselves at least medical wise.

I'm not gonna lie, so many times I've wondered what would my doctor do if I showed up wearing panties.
    Because I'm closeted other than to my counselor, I sometimes feel like I want someone else to know. Don't know if she would say something or just proceed or what.

Reality Check
    We have a female friend who is an ER nurse. The medical people aren't going to say anything bad to you but they may talk about you to their friends and co-workers. Our friend does. No names of course.

I went to the ER a few months ago wearing black panties. I changed out of the yellow ones I had been wearing. Of course my panties aren't frilly so the black ones could just as well be male except for the Ronda Shear label.

Aspiring Member
    I keep two pairs of briefs, just for medical visits. Just in case. As far as body, arms and legs shaved, not a peep from any health care provider. Neither do I expect any. Before I shaved arms a nurse removed a sticky bandage a few times. OUCH! No longer.

Ineke

Aspiring Member
    As I prepared for a large number of medical procedures recently to prepare for major surgery in a few weeks, I wondered how everyone would react when I stripped down: pierced ears and shaved all over. But not one of dozens of people who saw me naked reacted. Then I noticed that a number of male nurses and technicians had on very large earrings that made my studs look miniscule.

And the plus for being shaved? All those electrodes that I had placed on me (and tape for other procedures) didn't painfully catch all my hairs when pulled off.

But the bottom line was that no one cared. Oh, and my urologist, who recently prescribed a type of ED medicine you have to inject "down there" even told me to shave my privates to make this easier to do. I guess if anyone did question why my I'm so clean, I can truthfully say it's "doctors orders." (lol)

Congratulations on finding out that you still are in good shape. I had reading done of my arteries for basically the same reason, and I am still happy to find out that there is no problems with them. Until the tests I was always worried.

Due a fall injury In June I just spent 16 days in the hospital, all my ID and insurance I am legally Female even thou I look like a linebacker in drag. The ambulance, ER and nursing staff never questioned my gender ID. There were a few time that I needed to tell the nurses before certain procedures were performed that I was Trans so there would be no shocked discoveries. All staff were professional and courteous

I sometimes wonder how far the privacy laws go and what is covered. If it doesn't pertain to your condition or treatment. You underdress and go in for pain in your leg or knee, and takes your blood pressure, holding your elbow/arm up he notices your bra outline or strap. Maybe checking your leg your panty top shows over belt and you've never mentioned or discussed dressing. Is it covered by privacy act?
    Last edited by wilt575; 07-23-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Reality Check
    Covered in what way? Your doctor or nurse probably won't post it on Facebook, but he or she may well mention it to friends and co-workers. Read my post #10 above.

Hi Ceera, love your name.

Several months ago, I was heading home after getting my ears pierced when I started getting heart pain. I was too freaked out to go to the ER mostly en femme, so went home, changed and removed makeup. So, I should have gone, but didn't have the courage. Good for you to put your life before your embarrassment.

For me, it turns out that my wife showed up and forcibly removed my earrings in front of all others in the waiting room. Good thing I had removed everything else! She didn't care about heart pains at that moment!

I went to a physical once in panties, lacy, and the doc wanted to check for a hernia. Oops, didn't think of that. He didn't blink an eye as I dropped my panties down my shaved legs. They see it all.

Glad you're okay. A co-worker once told me that growing old ain't for sissies. Guess I'm in trouble!

I had to go for a physical a couple days ago and pretty much shaved everywhere. I don't worry about it too much.. left the panties at home tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Covered in what way? Your doctor or nurse probably won't post it on Facebook, but he or she may well mention it to friends and co-workers. Read my post #10 above.
    As long as they don't mention the name and don't point when a CD patient walks by, that's ok.
    I understand that they cannot expose someone so even pointing to their spouse that guy walking down the street showed up in panties would be a violation of HIPPA I think.
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

I, too, made a trip to the ER. I had bright red polish on my toes. The paramedics brought their gurney into the bedroom but couldn't get it around the bed so I had to walk to it and climb on. The they said nothing there. In the ER, I was transferred onto the hospital bed and made comfortable. As the ambulance drive last duty of making sure I was comfortable, offering a warm blanket or whatever else I need, her last comment on her way out was "I like your toes".
    My wife told everyone else who came in and saw them that "she had been playing" It seemed that everyone who came into that room wanted to see my feet. None of them said anything one way or the other.

I'm not shaving everywhere, just my legs and pits, but also got rid of my male underwear years ago. I go in to my endocrinologist weekly for a shot in alternating butt cheeks. I don't worry about which pair of underwear, and the only comment I got was how cute the particular lacy pair I had on were.

A medical person is a human mechanic. They won't even blink at things we might think of as odd.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Thinking what others may think if they saw a man wearing panties, I share this true story.....this guy, who was in the construction field had a number of employees. He told me that one day he saw one of his male employees bent over working. To the boss it was clear his employee was wearing panties under his jeans. The boss never though crossdresser, but did say he felt sorry for the guy, because he was so poor he had to wear his wife's underwear and went out and bought the guy male underwear.

Heart Attacks run in my family too, but I have been told my many doctors not to worry, because even at 32, a heart attack can happen, but it's very rare. I have anxiety, so when my chest hurts, I just pop a xanax or Clonazapam, and away I go. . My heart is healthy. I've had many EKGs ran on my run before I was diagnosed with anxiety, and no signs of a heart attack.

Glad it was a false alarm, Ceera. Those are scary
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Banned Spammer
    Been there done that, got the $10,000 butless gown, but it was epilepsy so they strip you down and shower you out. A-w-k-w-a-r-d! lol - wasn't too funny at the time though.