Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worried about your height?

Well I feel better after reading this thread. 5'9" I guess I might blend in.

Wow! i read that some of you work with, and see many very tall women, some who wear high heels. I wish there were some of them in my town, and single, around 60 to, too! A tall woman is a real rare sight in these parts, and the few i have talke to, are married, of course! I think most of the tall girls in this small town area, go off to college at cities, and marry, and few come back here.

Being 6'2" myself and always wearing heels I too stand above the crowd...but it actually gives me more confidence as my legs are long and lean.I think more were looking at them and not the fact I was a little taller than most.

Kimmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    I'm 6'4" and nearly not 1 day goes by when someone has to say "wow your really tall".
    It certainly does have its advantages, but finding female clothes that fit isn't one of them. Still, it's better than being too short. As a CD'er, average height would have been nice. As a guy, being tall AND big, pretty much all it takes is a mean glare and a sneer and people leave me alone. The only routine times when I'm worried about being tall is in basements with low hanging pipes'n'stuff.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Sometimes miss, I'd have to agree, I'm not very toned but I weigh about 230-240 pounds so I take advantage of angrily glaring at people in my way to get them to move, depending on the situation. The big draw back of course is pipes, low hanging lights, tree branches, aircraft

A lot of regular tops do come up very short, mixed with women's low rise jeans and I've got a gap in my outfit
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    No. Worried about my weight...
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

Sandie, I am 5' 11 and 6.0 on a good day. lol. My So is five foot. I always go out in the tallest heels that I can. Heck, many women are as tall. My SO wears tall heels to try to keep up with me. I love tall heels and pencil skirts. I have a couple mini pencil skirts. Nice. My legs look great and in the heels fantastic.
    Part Time Girl

I'm 5'10". But the good news is that I have actually measured and 5" heels do not make me 6'3". Surprising but true, at least in my 5" Nine West heels. BTW, they do not have a platform under the toes. I measure out at about 6'1". Still pretty tall but they do make your feet look much smaller. So overall, a good thing.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Aspiring Member
    Candice, You're 5' 6" and gorgeous. I hate you.

Not really (lol).

I measured out at five foot eight and a quarter inches when I was trying out for Air Force ROTC in college (didn't make it, got cut for sleepwalking). I measured myself recently and got five foot seven and a half.

If my wife ever lets me dress in public I don't think I am going to have any problem blending in if I can nail the mannerisms. I am not only a good bit shorter than average for a caucasian American male, I am only an inch or two taller than the average for a female.

Banned Read only
    OCC:

You're not far from average. A 50th percentile male is just under 5'-9". A 50th percentile female is just under 5'-4". From the table I quoted earlier, you are 1.2" shorter than a 50th percentile male, but 4.7" taller than a 50th percentile female.

DeeAnn

In reading all these posts, I came to realize that when I'm wearing heels, any height heels, I feel so good about myself, about the improved look of my legs and ankles, about the automatic change in my gait, and so on, that I don't think or worry at all about whether it makes me stand out, or more clock-able, etc. Just pure joy about going out in heels.

Best,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I iwsh it were that easy! I'm 6'7 without heels!

Be Kind, Generous & Safe DonnaCD68's Avatar
    Samantha R (see below a few posts) and I go round and round with who is taller/shorter when we get together at our local stomping grounds in the 'D". With myself at 6ft 1, Samantha and I have fun with the whole height thing (bending knees/leaning down when the other isn't paying attention when taking pic's). I personally "RARELY" wear flats as they do not enhance the look of one's legs/calves quite they way a nice 3-5 inch heel does. Plus nothing speaks femininity quite the way heels do (IMHO) and I truly LUV my heels !! Being that I've been on ice skates since age four certainly helped me with balance. I embrace my height....after all.....I was once told that "tall girls are worth the climb". If anything, I'd prefer to trade down two sizes (currently ladies 12) shoe to hit that elusive "SIZE 10" just for the multi-millions of heels options. My 2 cents....So Embrace your height!!
    I don't break hearts.......I melt them !!

Ya know what? It seems I notice tall GG's more and more. When out & about I see 6'+ gals all the time. They always catch my attention because, well, I'm a 6' 3" underdresser/crossdresser. Anyway, I tend to see lots of them. I noticed a very beautiful, well dressed young lady the other day who had to be every bit of 6' 4". Although a little rare they are out there & probably have some of the same struggles we do with being tall and trying to work our way into womans clothing and other issues. It really doesn't bother me though. Even if I were out and dressed, as long as I dressed appropriately I believe I would/could blend in quite well. Bottom line.....I don't think being a tall girl raises too many red flags anymore as it just seems to be more common.

Meg

Standing at just under six feet, I am on the taller side for a girl. I do like heels, though.

I'm 5ft 6-7 about 145. My size does make it easier. But then again I have seen many GG's and TG's who are taller and heavier than me who look stunning. If you can carry yourself with confidence height, within a reasonable range, should not be an issue.

My fiancee is all woman and 5-11.
    Jon

I am 5'8" , wear size 9.5/10 . I have noticed young females ( high school/college ) are much taller than me and they have many more year to grow in high . I am the short one out there .

I've been called short at 5'7", so being tall would be amazing. I think it's all about confidence, about how you present yourself.

Am I biased or does it seem alot CD'ers are taller then average? Maybe I'm just short and looking up, but it seems alot of people in this thread are 6' +. I would have killed to be tall when I was a kid, but now it's nice to buy woman's clothes (and shoes!) right off the shelf.

Hi I stand 6.2, in heels Im even taller.,. I feel very self conscious about my height.,.
    I no longer worry about it though Im what I am Cheers

Banned Read only
    I'm six foot even which is down from six foot two due to aging. As a young guy being six foot two was an asset to attract young women. It seemed back in the 1960's young women were attracted to guy like me. Today? My body has weathered life OK as to outward appearances. I check in at 195 pounds wearing a 42 jacket, 38 inch waist and 38-40 inch hips. Compared to a lot of men in my age group and several decades younger I still look good as a male. But, as a female? That height does make one stand out even as a male. In family pictures I still tower over everyone in the extended family with the exception of my six foot four son. There are few women (percentage wise) with my physique. When I do go for an evening stroll I wear a one inch heel. From a distance the observer may see a female form because I always wear a dress...dress = woman? The observer's mindset will see what is expected which is a woman. But, up close? That's a different story. So, my forays into the evening are usually in evenings of light rain so I can use an umbrella to conceal my obvious male face. The umbrella also helps conceal some of my height.

I know some are saying "What the heck are you afraid of?" I dress for the serenity it brings me. I love the feel of the cool air caressing my stockinged legs and the breeze playing with the skirt of my dress and my slip. To have that serenity violated by uncomplimentary words or scowls would be a downer.

Since I am no longer interested in attracting women......already snagged forty four years ago..it would be wonderful to be five foot seven.

I look at tall girls and see a special elegance there.
    Work on it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't think that people notice as much as they used to do. I am about 6 feet tall but wear 4 inch heels. The way that they make me carry myself is more important than my height and I can communicate this by my presence.