Thread: Hanging out with friends

Hanging out with friends

I am curious. How many of you, that aren't full time, have a friend or friends that you occasionally meet up with?

I often think of how wonderful it would be to have someone to be able to spend time with who fully understands and accepts. To be able to meet up for lunch, shopping, etc. and just enjoy the time together like sisters or besties.

If you are blessed to have such a friendship, I am happy for you. Please share how it works for you.

Huggs,
    Tabitha

I've two friends who are both gay and a couple that I hang out with regularly but usually once a week we'll hang out in my house so I can dress, grab a few drinks and watch a film or the latest episode of a TV show and it's great fun.

A few other friends who have never seen me dressed in person but know I send snapchats to them from time to time.
    It makes accepting yourself easier because when your with the people you normally hang around with it seems more normal and definitely less boring in the sense of not being alone hidden in your bedroom.

Sarah x
    Last edited by Sarah-RT; 07-14-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Tabitha, I have no friends, period right now! Just my cats. I do get very frustrated, and envy people who have happy relationships, great kids and grandkids, and lots of friends, as I am a loner, partly because my parents did not want me to have friends, or a mate. My siblings are loners too. All i know is being alone, for five years now. But, it would be nice to go out with a male or female friend once in a while.

I would love if I could just go out with family and friends as Sandra.
    Unfortunately, I'm only out to my wife and while she is supportive she does not wish to be out with me in any way as Sandra.
    I go out to some TG oriented events/meetings to meet others in a safe setting but have not developed any friendships as of yet.
    I hope to develop some friendships on the basis of being 'friends' i.e. enjoy each others company, common interests etc. I don't want
    friendship simply based on acceptance of being a crossdresser or having just this aspect in common. Being reserved and shy doesn't help.
    However, I hope I do develop some friendships with people I can meet and share experiences with some day while presenting as Sandra.
    Last edited by SandraB; 07-14-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fix some typos

I have several friends that I can hang with dressed or in drab. I am sad however because one of my best friends has moved back to her native Arizona, I miss her.

I have a group of four fellow CDs that I get together with periodically. Sometimes we bring our SOs along, sometimes we go out for "guys night." Most of the time, we get together en homme, but our conversations range freely about our common predilection. Once in a while, we'll plan a special event together that involves drag, such as going to see a drag pageant in Atlantic City.

I have a number of friends I have made off this site. We all live in the general area and meet for lunch and other activities. I have many friends outside this site I do things with also. I guess one could say, the best of both worlds, just like being a cd'er.

Aspiring Member
    I have some wonderful friends (other crossdressers) who live far away from me who I never see, but alas, no one close - unless you count some of the gurl dragsters at a local gay club I go to occasionally. Everyone in my area seems to be very reclusive and private with their dressing. I'm still looking though.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have made lots of friends some through here and others by going out to CD/TG Events..and alot of them are now my good friends that I hang out with regularly, we can hang out in boy mode, girl mode, or sometimes a mix of both which is always fun. We will sometimes go to events together, or randomly decide to just go on weekend mini vacations together to get out on the town in girl mode in a new place. We will share hotel rooms, get ready together, watch each others backs, and learn from each other. It is lots of fun, cuts the travel costs down , and its nice to have gals that are in the same headspace as you.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I have made lots of friends some through here and others by going out to CD/TG Events..and alot of them are now my good friends that I hang out with regularly, we can hang out in boy mode, girl mode, or sometimes a mix of both which is always fun. We will sometimes go to events together, or randomly decide to just go on weekend mini vacations together to get out on the town in girl mode in a new place. We will share hotel rooms, get ready together, watch each others backs, and learn from each other. It is lots of fun, cuts the travel costs down , and its nice to have gals that are in the same headspace as you.
    I get to go to my social group now and again but Adriana's life would be CD utopia for me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have a few CD friends that I meet on occasion (one nearly every week) and a GW friend when we can match schedules.
    Hugs, Carole

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Yeah, but I'd like some more :) :)

I have a couple of CD friends that I sometimes get together and go out with... Not very frequently though. Although every Sunday evening, a friend of mine (my longest running friend that I still communicate with from my high school days) comes down and hangs out with me for a few hours. He's known about Tracy for almost as long as I have been dressing and has never had any issue with it. I look forward to his visits every weekend...
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Besides a few CD friends, I have a couple of GG friends that I have been out with. My one friend's whole family knows Nikki ( I was invited to a family wedding).

I have an ever growing group of friends. We started going out on Friday nights back in 2008 and continues today. Through this and other groups, we have others from all over the world stop by for a night of conversation and dancing.

When I was younger, my circle of casual friends were girls and I would hang out with them all the time.

Often one thing led to another and they would absorb me into their circle as another girl.

This meant discarding the drab.

One guy and five or six girls did not seem to work.

When dressed the level of conversation changed dramatically.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    I have friends, like most everyone else, but none that are crossdresser or aware that I am a crossdresser. That's a shame in a way but on the other hand, it would seem strange to say to my wife that I won't be with her this evening, I'll be hanging out with my crossdresser friends.

Accepting friends are the best. You can actually let your hair down. Like seeing a cute pair of heels and making a rather feminine comment without fear. The sound of my heels is better with friends.